Poll: Which side does Twin Peaks favor?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does Twin Peaks favor the Horde?

Here's a map of the zone:

Here are my arguments:

The Horde base's side exit is a water tunnel, making it very slow going for any Alliance flag carriers.
    The Alliance base is on a cliff, allowing the Horde to jump off with movement speed + parachutes allowing for a flying flag carrier to get all the way to, if not past the river very quickly and safely.

What do you think? Personally, I can't get past seeing a Goblin Mage fly to the river and then rocket boost across the river. Having a Sprint would make it all the more ridiculous.

Twin Peaks is officially horde's Alterac Valley. Whenever Blizzard tries to create a 'dynamic' battleground, they fail miserably. Maybe they think it's 'cute' that certain BGs aren't completely balanced. It's probably a really novel ideal from a design perspective (our players will overcome their disadvantages!), but it's absolutely horrendous from a gameplay perspective.

There are ways to work around these perceived "advantages". For example, the Alliance could make use of a druid very well and have them take the flag in the water with their swim form and the glyph for it.

Edit: Also, no choice for "neither" in the pole.

Deleted
    Unfortunatly, I have to say that it favors horde - not because of the battleground layout, but because they just seem to have the upper hand on better players. Alliance really have alot of bots and afk'ers. It's sad

And for the record, the water tunnel is awesome if you want to stall them. Water Breathing --> swim under their bridge ---> lulz.

10+ Year Old Account
    479yr47y3487df347dt47gtr74rt7e23gtr87243gtyr87234gtr2grgwdhiceg yeah it does uhr4udb4ugbdf4u2. Is that a new language?

OT: Maybe... but you know you can always levitate / path of frost / water walk through the horde side? and Yes ( ^ ) rocket boots does drop the flag.

Deleted
    Why would you even need to use the side entrances? It's not sneaky at all since the map is pretty open.

On both sides the flag carrier has to run into both bases. So the entrances are the same.

Well that water is as much of an impediment to the ones chasing than the ones running. I've chased multiples of druids thru that water and it gives them huge leads.

stuff like this is minor imo. i think WSG and this BG aren't based so much on the map advantages or disadvantages more than your players and what they do. if you have the player power to win the skirmishes and get the flag back, then usually you're the ones who wins. getting the flag to the base isn't that hard these days especially with feral runners.

It doesn't honestly seem overly favored, most games tend to end up in both sides holding the flag. In that case, if there was a defensive advantage to the Horde keep then I could see your point, but there isn't. There's an advantage for a very small portion of the game, and honestly it's not hard to catch the Horde before it even gets to the cliff.

The vast majority of TP games I've played since Cata launch have actually been games where the Alliance unquestionably dominated.

I love the water tunnel but they need to add a thing like the Berserker and SPeed buff except it will allow you to walk on water for 15 seconds that cant be dispelld.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Here's a map of the zone:

Here are my arguments:

The Horde base's side exit is a water tunnel, making it very slow going for any Alliance flag carriers.
    The Alliance base is on a cliff, allowing the Horde to jump off with movement speed + parachutes allowing for a flying flag carrier to get all the way to, if not past the river very quickly and safely.

What do you think? Personally, I can't get past seeing a Goblin Mage fly to the river and then rocket boost across the river. Having a Sprint would make it all the more ridiculous.
    Love how you mention parachutes/slow fall type stuff for your base...yet when you mentioned ours, you easily left out water walking elixirs? Before posting BS info, you should probably make it less biased.

Most of the other battlegrounds were alliance favored, so you should be willing to forgive the one battleground that is horde favored. To be honest I can't even see why you are saying that it is favored since you cant rocket boot with a flag. You also forgot the poll option "Neither".

15+ Year Old Account
    The battlegrounds favor whichever faction is winning more that day, mirite?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodKrayze View Post
    Love how you mention parachutes/slow fall type stuff for your base...yet when you mentioned ours, you easily left out water walking elixirs? Before posting BS info, you should probably make it less biased.
    Water walking elixirs fall off when you take damage, slowfall does not. Also, they don't allow you to get to the middle of the battleground faster and safer, they just make it even footing with running on any other part of the battleground.

About other BGs, they are irrelevant. The discussion is about Twin Peaks.

And yeah, you can't rocket boot with the flag, but you can use stuff like Sprint. If a Mage, who has no speed increase, can make it to the river, how far can a Rogue with a glyphed Sprint get?

About not having a poll option for neither, just don't vote. I figure if the opinion is that it's balanced for both sides, then the votes for both sides will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    usingrocketbootsdropsflaga;lskdasdkasdksdladsk;
    Rocket Boost, not Nitro Boosts/Rocket Boots. Whatever the hell the Goblin racial is called.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2011-01-06 at 07:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    usingrocketbootsdropsflaga;lskdasdkasdksdladsk;
    Does the goblin rocket belt racial drop it as well? Not a snarky comment, just curious - because that is what the OP is talking about.

Gonna have to say neither....

Deleted
    While it may favor one faction, which I hardly doubt is their first thought - I still think it's a beautiful map and by far my favorite

I don't think it's balanced completely, but I do think alliance aren't completely gibbed when it comes to the water tunnel. Horde can't really see the flag carrier if you're a druid that has the flag since you can pretty much aquatic form all the way to the other side of the map. Also, on a chasing stand point druids can out run a swimming horde chasing them.

Anyone else, I think that you have to be pretty coordinated with dispells on the FC, and putting a levitate or path of frost on them til they get past the water area. Also, for alliance on offense they have a sprint RIGHT outside of the door that leads to a log connecting from one side to the other. You can even go left outside the front.

You're being too dramatic, and not thinking about all the possibilities that alliance have. I think there is more of a running path that horde have to take to get out of the alliance base area, than alliance have to take to get out of the horde base area.

This is an alliance player speaking too.

Also, it has A LOT to do with the skill level, and coordination of the players in the battleground.
    Last edited by LolFrank; 2011-01-06 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Honestly, this is probably the first thats even close to favoring Horde, how many bg's CLEARLY favor Alliance though?

OT: I think it SLIGHTLY favorites Horde. Like 45% Alliance favor 55% Horde favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    other shaman are in a sort of relationship with the elements.
    Goblins are more like rapists...

Seeing as 75% of BGs are Alliance victories I dont think this is a big deal. Besides, in rated bgs, there is no engineering stuff allowed and thats the only place it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!