Poll: Which side does Twin Peaks favor?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukauto View Post
    Honestly, this is probably the first thats even close to favoring Horde, how many bg's CLEARLY favor Alliance though?

OT: I think it SLIGHTLY favorites Horde. Like 45% Alliance favor 55% Horde favor.
    Exactly, Horde don't have COMPLETE dominance in this bg, there's downfalls for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguies View Post
    Seeing as 75% of BGs are Alliance victories I dont think this is a big deal. Besides, in rated bgs, there is no engineering stuff allowed and thats the only place it matters.
    Source? Im 64.37% sure that number is made up.

Reduce the water level on the left side of the horde base. So players can just run.

or

Move the water path so the water isnt close to the side of the base.

Both Horde and Ally have to traverse the same water.

Both Horde and Ally have access to Water Walking.

IF the Goblin Racial + Parachute/Slow Fall is considered, you also have to consider any pursuing Alliance can just as easily have Rocket Boots + Parachute/Slow Fall.

There's no real advantage for either side here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Here's a map of the zone:

The Horde base's side exit is a water tunnel, making it very slow going for any Alliance flag carriers.
    Oh so the horde is NEVER forced to go through the water tunnel when trying to get into their own base to cap a flag when the alliance are fighting at the other entrances? i should have realized that.

All I know is that, as an alliance balance druid, not even feral, I can carry the flag back incredibly easily. All i gotta do is get in to that water and i'm golden. One, horde can't catch me if they're chasing from the base, and two, I'm underwater till I'm halfway back so it becomes very hard for them to even see me until I jump out of the water and cat form dash all the way up to my ramp. Okay, it might be more overall time consumed than the horde jumping off and parachuting, but against normal pugs (not talking coordinated rated bg teams here) I'm gonna make it back uncontested 9 times out of 10 simply cause they have no idea where I am. At least the alliance can mount up and catch the parachuting horde since they can see him.

So to answer your question, no I don't think it's imbalanced at all. Also, Jest makes a great point, alliance can sprint/parachute off the base to catch the flag runner just as easily as the flag runner can jump off. Terrain is only imbalanced when it affects one team and not the other (ie a longer run for one team than another getting to a neutral site, ala AV). Everything in Twin Peaks affects both teams equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguies View Post
    Seeing as 75% of BGs are Alliance victories I dont think this is a big deal. Besides, in rated bgs, there is no engineering stuff allowed and thats the only place it matters.
    Not true.. my retribution paladin got total of 180 bgs played, 73 won, and my hunter got 344 - 151 won..
    On my dk i got 43 played - 13 wins......
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde base's side exit is a water tunnel, making it very slow going for any Alliance flag carriers.
    Two Words, Alteric Valley.

The Alliance base is on a cliff, allowing the Horde to jump off with movement speed + parachutes allowing for a flying flag carrier to get all the way to, if not past the river very quickly and safely.
    So is alteric Valleys bridge.

---------------------
    Useful notes:

Potion Of Water Walking
    Shaman Water Walking Buff
    Less QQ

------

Final reguards: I can't belive your QQ'ing when alliance clearly own alteric valley, Quit QQ, Its Fair, Learn To PVP please.

Edit:

IF the Goblin Racial + Parachute/Slow Fall is considered, you also have to consider any pursuing Alliance can just as easily have Rocket Boots + Parachute/Slow Fall.

There's no real advantage for either side here.

/agree, alliance got an unfair advantage in alteric valley move along and go QQ about something else.
    Last edited by PitchBlack; 2011-01-06 at 10:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the balance in BG's is mostly Horde 80% 12 year old children and not knowing what they do they wouldn't be that smart to get the flag, Alliance is mostly 80% people knowing what they do in BG's. So where is the Disadvantage for the Alliance in here?

Quote Originally Posted by PitchBlack View Post
    Two Words, Alteric Valley.

So is alteric Valleys bridge.

---------------------
    Useful notes:

Potion Of Water Walking
    Shaman Water Walking Buff
    Less QQ

------

Final reguards: I can't belive your QQ'ing when alliance clearly own alteric valley, Quit QQ, Its Fair, Learn To PVP please.

Edit:

/agree, alliance got an unfair advantage in alteric valley move along and go QQ about something else.
    Ok why should i use these potions when i go to a bg? Are you serious? Why the hell i am suposed to use these potions, cause blizz favors the horde?
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Leynal View Post
    All I know is that, as an alliance balance druid, not even feral, I can carry the flag back incredibly easily. All i gotta do is get in to that water and i'm golden. One, horde can't catch me if they're chasing from the base, and two, I'm underwater till I'm halfway back so it becomes very hard for them to even see me until I jump out of the water and cat form dash all the way up to my ramp. Okay, it might be more overall time consumed than the horde jumping off and parachuting, but against normal pugs (not talking coordinated rated bg teams here) I'm gonna make it back uncontested 9 times out of 10 simply cause they have no idea where I am. At least the alliance can mount up and catch the parachuting horde since they can see him.

So to answer your question, no I don't think it's imbalanced at all. Also, Jest makes a great point, alliance can sprint/parachute off the base to catch the flag runner just as easily as the flag runner can jump off. Terrain is only imbalanced when it affects one team and not the other (ie a longer run for one team than another getting to a neutral site, ala AV). Everything in Twin Peaks affects both teams equally.
    Yeah this is the gist of it. The Horde side tunnel is more tricky to use but since it always applied to both teams, there's no imbalance on either side.
    SQUEAK.
    --(The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho View Post
    Ok why should i use these potions when i go to a bg? Are you serious? Why the hell i am suposed to use these potions, cause blizz favors the horde?
    A: To stop your QQ and A2: I was being sarcastic.

And blizzard favors horde in Alteric Valley right? One entrance to the north bunkers, GG.Let me ask you this, how many entrances is their into our Den? Hell, you can even jump over our freaking wall to get inside. And your QQ'ing because were surrounded by water, /giggle.

Edit: Either learn to live with it or dont queue for that BG, OR if you do randoms, leave if you get Twin Peaks.

Nuff' Said. QQ run along and buy some potions.

Reduce the water level on the left side of the horde base. So players can just run.

or

Move the water path so the water isnt close to the side of the base.
    Lower the mountains around the back side of the north alliance keep in Alteric Valley so we have more than one entrance

or

Move the bridge out of the base so its as equal as horde's side.

You get my gist yet?
    Last edited by PitchBlack; 2011-01-06 at 12:57 PM.

wheres the niether poll?

and if you think THIS is horde favored, check out av.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's talk about capping our skill before we complain about the tiny imbalance in battlegrounds. Personally, I have yet to see properly executed games in any battleground. It is by far not as competitive as arena PvP. This is the reason Blizzard is not too worried about perfectly mirroring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jest View Post
    Right

Right

Wrong, how would have Alliance any use of this mechanic? We dont want to get our or horde flag back over the river. This is just moronic. The fucking cliff makes it so the horde flag carrier can dodge the zerg in the middle AND be back twice as fast with alliance flag, then we can wit the horde's.

also someone said somethings Alliance is favored because of Druids in Swimform, so they can get horde Flag out faster. I'd say this just makes up for the fact that Horde has also Druids, which can use the same Mechanic to get Alliance Flag in.

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    wheres the niether poll?

hmm in my realmpool i won AV more often when i was Horde, but then again, i suppose Alliance somehow is more "stupid" or "infantile" or whatever.. But even if the AV layout favors Alliance... Two Wrongs dont make a right, you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachchairs
    The delay, is probably, mostly due to delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapbot
    You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.
    Referring to someone as "fucking retarded" is considered flaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    wheres the niether poll?

Finnaly someone understands me.

If you're going to reply to a thread that's not even 2 pages long, please read at least half the first page. I said other BGs are not relevant in this discussion, this is about Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks alone. Blizzard's design isn't to have one BG favor one side and another favor the other.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neither.. Seeing as alliance come into the horde base to get the flag and then leaving it, vice versa?.. they both share the same "base" technically lol

Quote Originally Posted by PitchBlack View Post
    Finnaly someone understands me.
    AV isn't really competitive BG though. It's also completely broke and everybody knows it, has been for years. That's not an excuse to make the NEW BGs favor one side or the other. (Not that I think they do, per se).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://bildr.no/view/794440

The "horde favour" didn't help this team very much.