DPS on Par or Not?

Dumb question, can't figure out where to put this but it looks like the best place, as it is about a shadow priest.

First off first priest I have ever played and lvl'd, I have read the guides on rotation, and all that information. I went to test my dps on a dummy and I am getting around 8.3k DPS, and I do not know where that sits with shadow priest. The reason I ask is I seem to find myself fairly low on DPS charts, and I want to know if its gear or if I still need more work on my rotation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Note:Ignore healing trinket, my off spec is holy haven't found another shadow trinket to put in there.

I wish I could post a link but I guess I can't,
    If you don't mind looking my toon up

Altra on Illidan

Looking at your gear, 8.3k dps is pretty solid. Should start looking at enchants for your 333+ pieces, and try to get rid of the Emberfire belt/bracers/gloves. Get your reps up to revered and you'll have most the gaps filled.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems mainly a gear issue, 8.5k DPS is pretty decent frot he gear you have, what rotation are you currently using?

I'd say Spriest is up there with the rest of the classes. In mostly healing gear and a few off-pieces, as well as not having the correct meta (too lazy) and not being reforged properly for Shadow (healing gear), I was only pulling 1-2k less than the rest of our DPS on Argaloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

My rotation is sw > DP > VT > Mind Blast (if Orb) > Mind flay

Then refreshing DP and VT because mind flay refreshes SW:P, then also hitting dark archangel when ever off CD.

Few things Hop - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...altra/advanced
    1. Ditch the SPirit trinket, even a WOTLK int trinket is better than that
    2. Get 6% hit for heroics (other than with that POS trinket, better to sacrifice a secondary stat like mastery than a main one like int)
    3. Your crit is higher than haste, you want haste over crit, reforge what you can into haste, then crit then mastery.
    4. Buy a new helm when you get enough JP (2200 i think?) so you can get a meta going.
    5. Enchant your gear, its cheap...
    6. If this your main ditch mining pick up something useful, pref LW, JC, Tailoring or BS
    7. Level enchanting to 500, 80int of rings help and its profitable to sell mats
    8. Buy glyphs..

You're set up pretty bad, I wouldn't even want to run a normal with you
    Last edited by zenkai; 2011-01-06 at 03:44 PM.