Cho'Gall - Phase 2 Tactical idea

First of all:
    I don't care how you do/did it (unless you are already tanking him against a wall) - I'd like to read some constructive input about my idea

Good day,

yesterday we had our first raid night at Cho'Gall and successfully downed him with the Tankspot tactic after about 3 hours and I noticed two things and thought of another (actually that's the question):

I noticed, that the eyes always channel their spell at the one nearest player. So I made sure to be the nearest to as many as possible as a Shaman Healer, so the DPS could nuke them down without worrying about the 75% debuff.

Further the eyes always seem to spawn in a circle around Cho'Gall. So I thought about this:

Where will the eyes spawn, in case Cho'Gall is near a wall/Corner? Will they spawn at another spot on the circle or simply near to Cho'Gall?
    They spawn on another spot (a controlled ~90° angle) --> You could use a Soaker to absorb the majority of the beams (However, this person should be someone else everytime as the channel increases the corrupted Blood)
    They simply spawn near Ch'Gall --> AoE stuns are a great tool for stacked up enemies

There are some advantages in any case.

How it's normally done:

My idea how to do it in case they spawn in another spot:

I'd like to hear your thoughts about it. I'm sure I missed something..

We tank it near a wall, and yes, it groups the tentacles up pretty well. Sometimes a few will spawn near the wall, but they're still close together and therefore there is less travel time for melee. Often with this strat you'll have 5-6 right next to each other just ready for solar beams/shadowfury's.