Prospecting macro problem: pack of 4- . need info

Hai people.
    Is there a way to ignore some kind of ore that has less than 5 stacks and comes first in the macro?

example:
    /cast prospecting
    /use obsidium ore
    /use elementium ore

If you have a pack of 4 or less of obsidium ore, the system will alert that you need at least 5 ores to prospect.
    I just read somewhere that blizz API has a problem with this and it cannot be solved, but I'm not sure if that info is correct.
    Have Fun!

Solution: Make sure the amount of ore in your bags is a multiple of 5. IE put the odd amounts in the bank temporarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using a bag addon to sort my bags, and for me it'll take the stacks in the top of my inventory first, so I avoid this problem by moving odd stacks to the bottom of my inventory. I imagine that without addons this would mean that you should move the odd stacks into the last of your bags, as in the one farthest removed from your backpack.

Worth a try at least.

PS: This would not work if you had, say, 4 obsidium and then several stacks of elementium, as your macro will attempt to DE the obsidium first.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexEvangelou View Post
    Solution: Make sure the amount of ore in your bags is a multiple of 5. IE put the odd amounts in the bank temporarily.
    thats the problem.
    i dont buy the mats from AH.
    i farm all of them in one char then mail them all to my jc. sometimes it isnt a multiple of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Agape View Post
    I'm using a bag addon to sort my bags, and for me it'll take the stacks in the top of my inventory first, so I avoid this
    PS: This would not work if you had, say, 4 obsidium and then several stacks of elementium, as your macro will attempt to DE the obsidium first.
    THIS is the problem.

Maybe a modifier in /use function should work. Gonna try this when I arrive home.
    #showtooltip
    /cast prospecting
    /use [modifier:alt] Obsidium Ore; [modifier:ctrl] Pyrite Ore; Elementium Ore.
    Have Fun!

I use the "Prospect" addon. It also works for milling, lockpick, etc...

It is available on curse, I tried posting the link here but I don't see my post. I guess it was blocked or something.

Enchantrix and those sort of addons are your solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankhor View Post
    i farm all of them in one char then mail them all to my jc. sometimes it isnt a multiple of 5.
    Just mail multiples of 5 then. If it's a farming char it shouldn't matter if there are 4 ore remaining until your next farming session.
    Otherwise, I use Panda for prospecting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiodin View Post
    I use the "Prospect" addon. It also works for milling, lockpick, etc...

It is available on curse, I tried posting the link here but I don't see my post. I guess it was blocked or something.
    gotta look at it, thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    Just mail multiples of 5 then. If it's a farming char it shouldn't matter if there are 4 ore remaining until your next farming session.
    Otherwise, I use Panda for prospecting etc.
    I use a mail mod that sends everything related to mines/herbs.
    I didnt like panda (someone told me about it in my disenchant thread) because it always closes then the loot window pops up.
    Have Fun!