Archaeology items ..

Not making a thread that items should increase your dps or whatever. Since 4 days ago, I started grinding Tol'vir, basically for the damn mount. So first rare I got was the ring. And being a warlock, it isn't the worst rare that can proc. So I made it after some long grind, and then right after that rare, I procced the Scarab. Now I really like these novelty items, but 1 hour 40 minutes cooldown, and only a 20 seconds duration, really? I also got the Naga transformation, the mirror and the green beam. Now I know these items are just for fun.. but it's a bit hard to enjoy it for only 20 second (that's what she said). So what do you guys think? I think the cooldown should be lowered, and the duration increased!

Edit: Oh, and right after the scarab pendant, I got the crawling claw.. so I got 3 rare Tol'vir in a row.. is this common?

I'm 505 w/o one rare discovered, So I'd say yea. Your lucky.

Deleted
    I never got why novelty items not affecting gameplay or able to harass others (train, piccolo) had long cooldowns and/or short durations

Monkey in the ball comes to mind too (wotlk)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I'm 505 w/o one rare discovered, So I'd say yea. Your lucky.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't found anything of value yet. I'm not quite that high yet but I'm just under 375 and haven't found anything worth while yet.

Yeah indeed. I just wanna look cool with my army of scarabs, but it isn't fun looking cool when basically no one got the time to even see it.

Yes I agree, longer duration and shorter CD on vanity items would be pretty nice.

@ Coar - Completing rares is pretty much all I did from 300'ish to 525. It was actually annoying (and slow feeling) but strangely rewarding also.

Well on the rares part, when I hit 525 I had 6 rares. I did it before the hotfix btw, so rares were 5 skillpoints. I think the rares are pretty cool, but now for dwarven I got the innkeepers daughter, and that one just feels .. useless. I mean, it shares a CD with your HS!