Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone having issues with mind freeze missing?

This expansion there are things to interrupt left and right, so much so that I changed my DW frost spec to include free interrupts. At the same time I find myself in situations where an interrupt can be critical in a raid (maloriak, halfus, etc.) that I time my interrupts perfect, but I see the miss message fly past my screen. It's a dps loss for me to get spell capped, and it's not worth the dps loss to pick up virulence.

I'm sure there are others in my situation, what do you do?

Love the free interupt.

I can't remember the last time MF missed as blood tank with 2/2 EW, 0/3 virulence and less than 5% hit. And I interupt a shitload because DPS is far more concerned about their DPeenS, as I usually am when DPSing. But, I dont have endless winter in my unholy spec...I should change that.

You suck it up and get some more hit if your interrupts are critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawhorse View Post
    Love the free interupt.

I can't remember the last time MF missed as blood tank with 2/2 EW, 0/3 virulence and less than 5% hit. And I interupt a shitload because DPS is far more concerned about their DPeenS, as I usually am when DPSing. But, I dont have endless winter in my unholy spec...I should change that.
    You're dps are most likely interrupting whether you realize it or not.
    In my tank set w/ about 5% hit I find my MF missing more than I'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You suck it up and get some more hit if your interrupts are critical.
    This. If interrupting is a requirement for you, it is your job to be spell hit capped. I'm a DK tank who is required to interrupt and if I could move those 3 points elsewhere, I would.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a few misses myself so I moved those points over to virulence. However I, as well, am a dk tank. If you are in a steady raid group, take one for the team. Raiding is a team sport. I'm sure that the dps loss isn't going to end up wiping your group, however, missing an interrupt very well can.
    "Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and the moon darkened, and the stars no longer shine."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had issues with the 1st boss in ToT and SFK. If you don't have solid Hit % + Virulence you WILL experience a miss sooner or later. So at 5% and 0/3 either DPS are catching it or have been getting lucky. You'll end up taking a 120k nuke or something eventually if you are the only one interrupting.

Right now I'd rather keep my points in Licheborne & Epidemic ect and leave the crucial interrupts to my rogue or other DPS friends I usually group with. Not saying the points in Endless Winter and Virulence are wasted, just rather spend them elsewhere for heroic 5 mans personally.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    for those of you wondering, If you are missing it means you need more hit. If you are missing and you have 8% then you need the 17% hit. If its critical that you don't miss EVER then as Kaelleria said... "Suck it up and get some more hit"
    This applies to everything you do and not just this spell.

Pretty simple
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

it's simple cop the dps loss if its for the raid do it it's better then wipeing

As a DK tank I would rather stop that 120k hit than have an extra 300dps 0_o I also don't see where popping 2/3 in Vir can ever be THAT be a dps drop in frost/unholy. With the new design you have points to throw around. THROW THEM!

I don't have spell hit cap (think I run 2/3 atm) but it misses like 3% of the time of something silly. If that does occur, i use strang-bob-ulate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The above replies are correct. If you are not running virulence, you NEED MORE HIT. Even if you are running virulence, HIT IS GOOD.

Well first of as to interrupts in 5-man heroics, bosses there are level 87 and at 618 hit rating, I am spell capped against level 87 mobs (checking spell stats in my char info). I can not miss in 5-mans, but that wasn't what I was asking anyway, most heroics don't have too much of a penalty to missing an interrupt (even saw a warrior live through the one on the first boss of throne).

Losing epidemic is probably more than a 300 dps loss though, as many times my frost fever would fall off without it, and it gives me extended time without having to reapply blood plague, which gives me more time to obliterate.

That said (and we do have a rogue in our 10 man), I guess it would still be worth the dps loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    For tanks, don't forget that going 0/3 Epidemic is a reduction in the total # of Death Strikes you can perform during an extended/boss fight. So at least for randoms I'd rather have the extra heal/blood shields and ask a DPS to work 1 extra button into their routine while I stay alive and take more strain off the healer.

For raiding I can see it being well worth the points depending on what your group needs, so it just depends on the content+group in question.

We can always still mash MF at 50% into a mobs cast if it looks like the DPS is going to miss it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    For tanks, don't forget that going 0/3 Epidemic is a reduction in the total # of Death Strikes you can perform during an extended/boss fight.
    Epidemic only affects total disease time. (unless blizzard changes it from its current form)
    Epidemic does not affect how many Death Strikes you can do for any fight including extended/boss fights.

Where did you get this information?!
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-01-05 at 09:31 PM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.

Technically it does... You'd need to refresh your diseases more often meaning in the long run less potential runes for Death Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    Epidemic only affects total disease time. (unless blizzard changes it from its current form)
    Epidemic does not affect how many Death Strikes you can do for any fight including extended/boss fights.

Where did you get this information?!
    He's obviously going with the thought that he will be maintaining diseases, in which case he would be correct.
    However, the generally accepted "best practice" for the time being is to run "disease-less" and use those freed-up runes for the extra DS.

Kaelleria beat me to it. doh
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    He's obviously going with the thought that he will be maintaining diseases, in which case he would be correct.
    However, the generally accepted "best practice" for the time being is to run "disease-less" and use those freed-up runes for the extra DS.

Kaelleria beat me to it. doh
    its ok. no one is going to tell you to learn how to post by late posting... but since he didn't state that he uses diseases that he doesn't need AND as you said it is best practice to not use diseases currently, his post was newbish for getting Epidemic... Ever as a tank.
    i was just thinking of how to tank properly not including the disease upkeep requirement.

but thanks for clearing up his mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawhorse View Post
    But, I dont have endless winter in my unholy spec...I should change that.
    Don't DPS Sub-Spec Blood? How would you reach Endless Winter in Tier 2 Frost?

Epidemic for Tanks (unless you're required to maintain Frost Fever for the -20% Attack Speed) is mostly worthless and useless. All you'll get out of it really is free Threat.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2011-01-06 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    You're dps are most likely interrupting whether you realize it or not.
    In my tank set w/ about 5% hit I find my MF missing more than I'd like.
    You're right. During a couple heroics last night I noticed three misses which were almost immediately picked up by dps, so that if I had not been playing close attention to it, I'd probably assume that I interupted.

Might be time to toss a point or two into virulence.

@Alcotraz: As Unholy, it could be nice to have LB & EW in the frost tree, and 2/3 Bladed armor in blood (2/7/31). I might give this a try today. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#j0bZG0obZcucdfs0dfo

I don't know if it is a good trade off though. Losing Unholy blight, Butchery, and 2AP/180, but you get a potential full self heal every 2 min and free interupt.
    Last edited by Sawhorse; 2011-01-06 at 04:01 PM.

I have a secondary utility spec that takes chillblains, endless winter, and virulence for specific fights. Personally, I would like to see Virulence and Epidemic combined or mind freeze put on the melee hit cap.

On the other hand, I do enjoy passing off interrupt duty to rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.