Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    Sure. As soon as you:

1. Stop standing in fire.
    2. Learn to dodge slow moving projectiles.
    3. Learn to use interrupts.
    4. Get the snakes off me.
    5. Do more than 5k DPS in a heroic.
    6. Eat while I'm drinking.
    7. Release and run back like everyone else.
    8. Ask for direction if you don't know the fight.
    9. Stop back peddling and pulling other groups.
    10. Get the snakes off me.

Sincerely,
    I will, as soon as you:

1. Don't complain when I tell you that healing me during soul harvest is pointless. Really. You aren't impressing me when you overheal. Calling me names while you complain just makes you look dumb.
    2. For the love of little green gnomes, learn to look up from Grid long enough to dodge Blitz.
    3. If I am doing everything I can to avoid damage, you should at least throw a HoT on me once in a while.
    4. Learn to use your aggro dumps.
    5. If DPS has to do over 5k dps, you shouldn't be running OOM every single pull unless we're doing something wrong.
    6. I really don't care who marks, but repeatedly breaking my fear kills my dps. I do actually have to STOP dps to reapply that spell, you know.
    7. As a tank, learn your limits. If you are in all epics, you probably don't need to CC every single trash mob. On the other hand, if you're in greens, for the love of Gilneas, don't get mad at us when we wipe on your first AoE trash pull. I happily fear/seduce/banish anything that gets away from you anyways.
    8. Learn to use your aggro dumps.
    9. You, Mr. Elitist Tank. Drop the attitude. If you really think you can solo the instance, I am perfectly happy to put you on autofollow and collect my free loot.
    10. You, Mr, Elitist Healer. Some of us DPS raid as healers. Quit your whining. We know how healing is. We do our best to avoid damage, you heal the damage, we blow the boss up, you get your loot. That's the deal. Letting us die keeps you from getting your purples.

Sincerely,
    That one snarky warlock in your PuG

Sure. As soon as you:

Sincerely,
    I will, as soon as you:

3. Learn how to manage your mana pool.
    4. Stop getting yourself covered in snakes.
    5. Use something other than the long cast low heal low mana spell.
    6. Stop letting us wipe with 90% of your pool left.
    7. Stop kiting back down the hallway away from everyone when something aggros you.
    9. Stop tunnel visioning on the tank's health bar and realize there are others who might need a direct heal.
    10. Stop getting yourself covered in snakes.

In light of the release and runback phenomena, even when the healer is alive and just cant be bothered, I suggest they remove all resurrection spells from the game. Just release and run back all of you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. As soon as you:

Sincerely,
    Hate those snakes eh?
    I like waffles!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    I am dumfounded that you think only tanks and healers have it hard when I see just as many bad players in all roles every day. DPS just get the short end of the stick because there are more of them.
    If you get no marks use /assist on the tank in a macro
    If there is a caster at range blasting the healer and you have a range CC then CC it
    If you are in fire move out of it
    If you can cleanse/dispel yourself do it and save the healers precious mana bar.

DPS isn't hard. If you focused on your role as much as you QQ then you would be a much better player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restalan View Post
    I will, as soon as you:

1. Don't complain when I tell you that healing me during soul harvest is pointless. Really. You aren't impressing me when you overheal. Calling me names while you complain just makes you look dumb.
    2. For the love of little green gnomes, learn to look up from Grid long enough to dodge Blitz.
    3. If I am doing everything I can to avoid damage, you should at least throw a HoT on me once in a while.
    5. If DPS has to do over 5k dps, you shouldn't be running OOM every single pull unless we're doing something wrong.
    6. I really don't care who marks, but repeatedly breaking my fear kills my dps. I do actually have to STOP dps to reapply that spell, you know.
    7. As a tank, learn your limits. If you are in all epics, you probably don't need to CC every single trash mob. On the other hand, if you're in greens, for the love of Gilneas, don't get mad at us when we wipe on your first AoE trash pull. I happily fear/seduce/banish anything that gets away from you anyways.
    9. You, Mr. Elitist Tank. Drop the attitude. If you really think you can solo the instance, I am perfectly happy to put you on autofollow and collect my free loot.
    10. You, Mr, Elitist Healer. Some of us DPS raid as healers. Quit your whining. We know how healing is. We do our best to avoid damage, you heal the damage, we blow the boss up, you get your loot. That's the deal. Letting us die keeps you from getting your purples.

Sincerely,
    Thank you.

Dps are not the only ones in the group that can be retards. The tanks/healers are more than capable of being idiots. Just because healing/tanking is challenging doesn't give you the ok to be stupid. If you're stupid, you shouldn't be blaming the dps just because you're the tank/healer.

Sure. As soon as you:

Sincerely,
    Lets see...1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 8 I experience nightly from the deeps.

OP, here is an easy fix:

L2P, then we will chill out. Problem solved. Enjoy your 45 minute ques.

Quote Originally Posted by Restalan View Post
    I will, as soon as you:

Sincerely,
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei View Post
    I will, as soon as you:

3. Learn how to manage your mana pool.
    4. Stop getting yourself covered in snakes.
    5. Use something other than the long cast low heal low mana spell.
    6. Stop letting us wipe with 90% of your pool left.
    7. Stop kiting back down the hallway away from everyone when something aggros you.
    9. Stop tunnel visioning on the tank's health bar and realize there are others who might need a direct heal.
    10. Stop getting yourself covered in snakes.
    Guess what? The number of good dps to good heals and tanks is vastly different. As has been stated elsewhere and is easily noticeable. More often than not, you will get a good healer and/or a better tank in your average pug. Is it 100%? Not at all. But what you'll find is that generally the heals and tanks will start the run as happy as anyone else. Our attitude changes significantly based on the success and or failure of the first few pulls....

Your retorts are merely the exception and not the norm.

Sure. As soon as you:

Sincerely,
    Don't forget those things called bandages in your bags to help with healing. They always do!

"learn to look up from Grid long enough to dodge Blitz."

Loved this one, Ive seen more healers get wtf by blitz because they were tunneling than I can count.

Get a tank that doesnt mark or cc or healers that dont dispell and feel the pain of dps! Not to forget classes that have interrupt and dont even have it keybound! All roles can be equally challenging, just that there are more dps, this makes it easy for tanks and heals to behave like morons. The funny thing is since tanks and healers single que in heros they are easier to replace than any other class.
    Since when are Healers the only ones who can dispell? In fact, it's better for a dps to dispell since they cost so much and mana is often an issue for your healers.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Sure. As soon as you:

Sincerely,
    This about sums it up for me.

Unfortunately it is not just dps. There are fails in all classes. I am a dps, I kick, i torrent, I gouge, I smokebomb, I tricks, I dont stand in stuff on the ground (unless its green stuff of love from druids are waters of love from shamans) I click lightwells, I feint, I cloak, I vanish, I sap, I eat after fights. Honestly I do my best to play my role through an instance. And I can't tell you how much it sucks to get into a new instance and have a tank say "Alright F'ers follow me and dont F up because im gonna do my best to carry you!" (Tank then proceeds to get one shotted by a voidzone) Or when a healer sits there bragging about how great he was in WoTLK and BC but then cant keep everyone up through an UNAVOIDABLE AOE or the dps that talk about all the raids they are PWNING and how much CATA is for scrubs because its super lawlzcasual but can barely break 7k dps.

Frankly all roles have superbads and there isn't much we can do about it, they pay their 15 bucks a month so they get to play. When I get pissed I dont yell at anyone, /lol /spit /kick I just leave. I have a 3 wipe rule (with some leeway) we wipe three times I leave and reque. Now if it was a wipe where it wasnt an utter fail wipe just like a healer dc'd or something thats a diff story but 3 legit fail wipes and i just go and reque.

The reason you hear dps bitch more about tanks and healers then vice versa is A) Its a little bit easier to carry dps then it is to carry a tank or a healer (Im not saying any role is harder im saying a great tank can pull a bad healer and dps ALOT farther then great dps can pull a bad tank) and B) Tank healer ques are LAWL while I have to wait 45 minutes. I have no prob waiting I just go around and farm but it sucks when you get into a heroic and the tank is in greens (cheated with all of his rep blues he bought from cloth) and you cant down a single boss.

I think we need to stop finger pointing at roles and just say FUCK THE SCRUBS!

Thats my 2 copper
    Bumblebeez

Get a tank that doesnt mark or cc or healers that dont dispell and feel the pain of dps! Not to forget classes that have interrupt and dont even have it keybound! All roles can be equally challenging, just that there are more dps, this makes it easy for tanks and heals to behave like morons. The funny thing is since tanks and healers single que in heros they are easier to replace than any other class.
    ever heard of assist target? marks should only really be needed for cc and quite a few dps have dispells aswell....maybe keybind those? i tank and dps heroics and i can say hands down it is a lot less stressful to be dps. let the tank pull and get a few swings in first, inturrupt here and there, and get out of the fire/cleave/whirlwind/what ever other effect you can think of. you do ZERO dps when dead and you group fails if the healer OOMs (most of the time). learn your class and help out where you can, if your class has inturrupts use them if you have cc use them if you have dispells use them and if your class has heals and the healer is OOM and one or two of your crappy heals can keep the tank alive just long enough for the healer to get a bit of mana back USE THEM. simple fact is group>you

Quote Originally Posted by DuckieMage View Post
    Since when are Healers the only ones who can dispell? In fact, it's better for a dps to dispell since they cost so much and mana is often an issue for your healers.
    That is only one example. I cant singe you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    Hate those snakes eh?
    LOL...snakes, flowers, beetles, you name it...ffs all ya gotta do is autoattack it...or look in its general direction...how about a fan of knives or shadowfury please? If you get that add off me, I WILL do all I can to keep you alive, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    The few of you that think you are the utter shine of the sun and the best thing since apple pie
    FYI- We are.
    Granted, I will give you a bit of room for QQing about the tanks and healers who are totally undeserving of their cockiness. (imo, those are just the dps who rerolled cause they thought it was easy)
    In general, the cocky tanks and healers queue up and get stuck with numbers 1 through 10 over and over and over and OVER AND OVER. They're cocky because they've successfully carried those kinds of groups.
    (awesome list! i love you!)

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Tanking is difficult = one of the constantly perpetuated myths of WoW.
    Anyone can tank, few are truly skilled at it.

An exceptional tank and tank healer can literally carry the entire raid through any fight except hard-enrage DPS checks.

I'm a healor, and im better than jesus! and btw, please no DPS whine here cause you have no idea how stressing it is to be a healer when DPS dont bother to do anything(right)!

Top DPS fail: we were in DM and we got to the foe reaver, i got targetted by the harvest and ran away, but then the DK did not move att all and got himself a stiffy up his hiny, this got repeated 4 times before he voted me, the vote failed and i voted back and he got kicked, but please, if there is a noice, then writing in the middle of the screen that someone is being targetted by a 'godmode' spell.. if you fail on it 3 or 4 times in your life it aint that bad, but if you fail at it 4 times in a row then dont deserve to have a HC que, you should take 5 min and listen to what to do, most bosses require a 30 sec talk on how to avoid things. Or just take 10 min to learn your class, read up what make you do 5% more damage and dont just spam icelance in arcane spec :-)

And sorry for the QQ it just make med mad :P
    Last edited by Emochild; 2011-01-05 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I aint the best speller :)

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed View Post
    Stop thinking that just because we are dps you can walk all over us. You aren't special, you aren't unique, you are average.

TL;DR Healers and Tanks get off your high horses.
    Im special. My fav is to pull a mob, then ditch the group so they wipe. Then insta-que. mmmmm
    Im new.