Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeorm View Post
    No, each healing class only gets magic (with only priests having it baseline). They all get at least one other of poison, disease, or curse as well.

On topic, it is annoying when healers don't have the talent. Though I wouldn't exactly blame them, for some reason guides seem to suggest to not take the skill.
    Only one of the three Elitist Jerks guides recommends not taking it sometimes (the Resto Druid guide), and it warns that that is only for raids and certain raid compositions. I could see this being true for all three specs though even though the Paladin/Shaman ones don't mention it. (Edit: Cerabret brings up a very good point that Shaman heal when they cast Cleanse Spirit, so it is probably not optional for them.)

In general, if a healer is pugging a heroic, they better have that talent. If they have a very rare spec just for raiding, then they can do the daily random with a custom heroic group with a priest friend if they ever need to.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-05 at 08:35 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

One thing i hate about dispelling is as a shadow priest it now drops you out of shadow form if you cleanse a disease I still dispell magic like its my job (when i get to play shadow that is >.>) because I have healed often at 85 usually in a raid setting where keeping my mana is key.
    Horray for being usefull on that Baradin hold boss when i had alll 51 dispells /cheer

more OT I had a resto druid tell me to dispell because he didnt spec it since he "didnt spec for 5 mans" which made very little sense to me. If you "didnt spec for 5 mans" why are you currenttly in one with me O.o I also had a warlock tell me he didnt glyph for 5 mans sitting in quest greens and 333 blues.... right cause your doing so many raids in that gear... 20 gold to swap glyphed fear in and out when you are the only CC in the group seems like very little to ask.

Paladins can dispel Diseases and Poisons (Magic when specced) - cannot do Curses
    Druids can dispel Curses and Poisons (Magic when specced) - cannot do Diseases
    Shaman can dispel Curses (Magic when specced) - cannot do Poisons or Diseases, but has Purge
    Priests can dispel Magic and Diseases (Holy can spec Poisons for self) - cannot do [Poisons or] curses, but has Mass Dispel

its all very confusing, but you need to remember that every class cant dispel at least one type of debuff :P
    Last edited by Saethwyr; 2011-01-05 at 06:38 PM. Reason: forgot body and soul!
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokhar View Post
    Sadly not. We can all talent for magic as resto/holy/disc. As standard, druids have decurse and poison. Shammies just have decurse, priests and paladins get poison and disease.
    I think this is only if holy spec and removes poison only from the priest? I tried to see if there was anyway I could do it as disc, since others I knew could cleanse poisons just cba to, but couldn't find anything.

I really miss Abolish Disease

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadi View Post
    I think this is only if holy spec and removes poison only from the priest? I tried to see if there was anyway I could do it as disc, since others I knew could cleanse poisons just cba to, but couldn't find anything.

I really miss Abolish Disease
    The poster above you is right.

All classes can do three things now. (Defensive Magic is dispelling from a party member, and Offensive Magic is dispelling from an enemy.)

Paladins: Diseases, Poisons, Defensive Magic
    Druids: Curses, Poisons, Defensive Magic
    Shaman: Curses, Defensive Magic, Offensive Magic
    Priests: Diseases, Defensive Magic, Offensive Magic

(Holy Priests can do self-poisons, but that change was only made for Arena balance.)

That way, all classes have three things, and the dispels are also balanced. Two healing classes can dispel Diseases. Two healing classes can dispel magic offensively. Two healing classes can dispel Curses. Two healing classes can dispel Poisons.

Since Magic (on party members, defensively) is so common, they gave it to all four.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-05 at 06:45 PM.

A resto shaman would be a complete idiot to NOT dispel. Cleansing waters means every time i remove a debuff, the target gets about a 4k-6k heal (if i'm remembering correctly). I've kept DPS up solely on that heal in debuff heavy fights.

Of course they could spec in to Focused Insight instead of Cleansing Waters (the only other option i see). But i don't see that as a very good idea in the sense that one gives bonus healing doing something you SHOULD be doing, the other gives bonus healing by doing something optional (with a 17% chance of failure resulting in wasted mana/GCD's) and depending on how you view it, unnecessary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret View Post
    A resto shaman would be a complete idiot to NOT dispel. Cleansing waters means every time i remove a debuff, the target gets about a 4k-6k heal (if i'm remembering correctly). I've kept DPS up solely on that heal in debuff heavy fights.

Of course they could spec in to Focused Insight instead of Cleansing Waters (the only other option i see). But i don't see that as a very good idea in the sense that one gives bonus healing doing something you SHOULD be doing, the other gives bonus healing by doing something optional (with a 17% chance of failure resulting in wasted mana/GCD's) and depending on how you view it, unnecessary.
    That is a very, very good point. I've edited my post to reflect that.

Paladins and Druids still have it optional though as far as I can tell.