Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The patchnotes..

Combat gets a little buff, nice. But the ONLY thing rogues get so far for PVP is a nerf. Great.
    nothing about the PVP Issues so far.. lets take a look at the bomb. 5 seconds.. oh well.. i told you guys that SB will get nerfed, and i was right. but i also predicted something that is REQUIRED to compensate the nerf (Mobility for Ass, slightly more dps for sub) .. but sadly, this isnt mentioned right now.

lets hope for it guys, otherwise, we may be screwed, because every other class has better dps/mobility (yeah even DKs have better mobility then Assassination rogues) and the only real reason to bring a rogue in 3/5 right now is/was Smokebomb.

Vanish, Sprint, Cloak, Blind, Crippling... all mobility boosts/restrictions to name a few. Please stop saying Rogue's have low mobility options when it's clearly not true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane-US View Post
    Vanish, Sprint, Cloak, Blind, Crippling... all mobility boosts/restrictions to name a few. Please stop saying Rogue's have low mobility options when it's clearly not true.
    have YOU played an assasination rogue? I've not even been able to touch a frost mage in weeks other than getting the jump, then they just blink and freezelock me >.>
    vanish has a 3 minute cooldown, and can't be used in stuns and you have to pop cloak for it to be effective if u have dots on it, or if a war rends you you can't do anything other than instantly jump back into the fight blind is a dispellable (I believe) disorientate effect, easy to get out of, yeah... that's all we got
    crippling is dispellable and can easily be blinked out of, us slowed making it less effective and then us getting zerged.
    one of the major problems are locks, instant fears, curse of exhaustion, cloak to chase, and now again, fearlocked and dead

Deleted
    So, when did you last time step into arena/battleground as a rogue?

Deleted
    @bane ~i wanted to write an explanation, but i noticed that it would be wasted time after about the half, so i stopped it.
    the only thing left to say is, that Assassination Rogues are just kiteable as hell. end of story.

Rock > Paper > Scissors folks.

For as many Frost Mages out there that you might have a hard time getting to, there's plenty of Priests you don't have issues with. (queue excuses about Fear, Mind Flay, blahblahblah)

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, rogues are the most kiteable class. yes assassination gets the worst of it. Try out combat. It's not nearly as bad as it was in LK. With the blade twisting, imp sprint and throwing spec they have decent mobility/countermobility and put up some decent damage. Sure the burst isn't as good as mutilate but it beat sub.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Deleted

For as many Frost Mages out there that you might have a hard time getting to, there's plenty of Priests you don't have issues with. (queue excuses about Fear, Mind Flay, blahblahblah)
    actually, Sub Rogues are able to kill frostmages, or at least hurt them pretty bad.

And Priests are killed by everyone.. by a rogue in 2 minutes, by a DK in 20 seconds. here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMnmfIfqcYw

@fogkin - combat arena is just wrong. and they get be beaten also by sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to kill at least one person that isn't a shaman 1v1 soemtime during cata :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greivence View Post
    I would like to kill at least one person that isn't a shaman 1v1 soemtime during cata :|
    DKs. open with garotte, and when its off, keep going with Dismantle. after that, Battle Readyness + Cloak + Evasion.

we are SOOO annoying for them. :>

but btw, Enh schamans can be hard.

I dont know how anyone could argue rogues have lots of mobility options... right now it is WAY too easy to get stuck somewhere as all our escapes are on decent CDs and most nearly every class can stop (stomp?) us at this point.

And no, rogue isnt anywhere near my main, but all you have to do is play one to realize what a bad place they're in for PVP atm. To kill anyone you have to pop nearly all your CDs (and smartly) and then wait 3 min to kill someone else.

How is that balanced or fun?
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

They aren't patch notes, they're spell tooltip changes mined from the test realm. Big difference.

Deleted
    If you ask me the combat readiness change was a pvp buff, they have to stay off target for an extra 4 seconds to let it drop off, only fools would go the full 30 duration on the old one anyway. But that's not the problem, it's anti-melee sure, Perhaps a little help against ferals, though our real problem is frost mages and kiting.

I don't understand all the QQ about Frost Mages. I utterly destroy them as Assassination
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    have YOU played an assasination rogue? I've not even been able to touch a frost mage in weeks other than getting the jump, then they just blink and freezelock me >.>
    Ya its about how it feels to almost every other class out there, once they get their hands on ya its a massive pain to get away let alone survive. you blow all ur anti cc cooldowns and next thing ya know his partner is tearing ya a new one. welcome to the unbalanced balance of arena pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    They aren't patch notes, they're spell tooltip changes mined from the test realm. Big difference.
    You may want to check your facts before you post.

smokebomb 5 sec on a 3 min cd gg blizz, any mobility boosts then, no? rogues where fine, just a mobility buff would been fine,

else i'm glad they didnt nerf our dmg, but i think combat still has a long way to go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmus Reaper View Post
    Ya its about how it feels to almost every other class out there.
    you wont hit twice against a good frost mage. and those guys arent the point.. if you play against Druid (any spec) and hunter (any spec) you cannot make a SINGLE hit. they just root and run you, and while they maintain that, they simply take down your mate.

You may want to check your facts before you post.
    The post said (PTR). Also, Combat Readiness and Smoke Bomb are lasting the 30 and 10 seconds respectively in game right now. I am alt tabbed with WoW as I'm typing this.

This game doesn't work that way. Try DAoC.