Thread: Mining Issue

Mining Issue

Ok, not sure if this is something to be bothered by or not but I have started to run into either Insta-mine bots i.e. the node appears on my map then is mined and vanishes before I have chance to get to it, despite being almost on top of it, or, phased ore nodes, i.e. the nodes are there but out of phase, I see them but when I approach they vanish again.

I was under the impression that phased mining nodes had been fixed so they could be mined in any phase (seem to recall a blue post of some sort on the topic) but maybe not. Anyone else run into similar problems?

It's a phasing issue. They have not fixed phased nodes.

Nodes may have been fixed (seems so) but herbs have not... lots of phased ones ruining my sleep. I particularly hate when prospecting a node, when you can hear the alternate phased players axe picking too. /shivers

Deleted
    Haven't run into the bots myself, but phased - yea those are still there and are a total PITA. Especially since they always seem to be the only Rich viens I find in Deepholm these days Managed to figure out how (by *stupidly* narrow gaps between zone boundaries) to reach one or two of them outta frustration, but there's another two (along the blood trial if you must kno) that are tormenting me :'( I just kno they're full of rare jems and volatile fires as well

I played ping pong in between 2 phased nodes. Each time i would get close to it, it dissapeared. Another would appear a few yards away, only to do the same thing. I thought it was me at first.........
    Im new.

Quote Originally Posted by viscerx View Post
    I played ping pong in between 2 phased nodes. Each time i would get close to it, it dissapeared. Another would appear a few yards away, only to do the same thing. I thought it was me at first.........
    Had that happen a few times. Talk about aggravating...
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by viscerx View Post
    Haha "Ohhh man, I shouldn't have smoked that much"-moment?

Deleted
    Probably wont be fixed until there is a patch.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've ran into a couple phasing nodes in Twilight Highlands. Made me sad too because they were Pyrite.

Most of Twilight Highlands is like this if you done most of the quests.

Especially the whole grim batol/twilight citadel area, It pretty destroys any mining i try to do on that side of TH.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladetooth View Post
    Haha "Ohhh man, I shouldn't have smoked that much"-moment?
    I have experienced this several times.

Ah the dreaded Pyrite of the Highlands. Its a rare elite node designed to cause pain and suffering when it appears. I ran into one on my warrior. I landed, approached it in a stealthy manner, was sure it had not noticed me then I attacked. My mining pick blazed into action, it tore the node apart, I even got my xp but then I tried to loot and just stood there. I got nothing but an aching back from being bent over for so long. I will have revenge, someday, yes my revenge shall be so very sweet.