Due to the contest, and just folks getting in the groove of writing now that they've hammered on Cataclysm for a bit, I think it would be great if there was a "Guides" area of the forum.

Yes, you can stick the guides under other already existing areas of the forum, but that doesn't necessarily make them easier to find. Over time they get buried under new posts, and even if you have a mega-sticky at the top with all the guides listed it's still not necessarily the best way to organize your content. You wind up having mega-stickies in multiple areas of the forum, all while making sure to keep an eye out in still other areas of the forum for that lingering guide that (for some reason) ended up elsewhere.

Yes, you can also search...but honestly the search ain't all that great. No offense, the one here is better than others I've used, but it still ain't all that great. Frustration with search means folks run to Google (or wherever) only to be pointed right back here in some cases.

Suggested Organization

New Forum - WOW Player Guides (or just WOW Guides): All guides are moved/posted here. All in one place. Advanced Search can be used to search in just that one area. Yummy Information Goodness! NOM NOM NOM.
  • Uber-Mega-Sticky - WOW Guides: Table of Contents : Exactly what it says. A TOC with a listing of all the Mega-Stickies.
    • Mega-Sticky - Class Guides
      • Within the Sticky organize everything by class (i.e., Paladin, Shaman, etc.)
    • Mega-Sticky - Profession Guides
      • Within the Sticky organize everything by profession (i.e., Fishing, Jewelcrafting, etc.)
    • Mega-Sticky - Add-On Guides (could cross-ref with then "class"-specific guides where applicable. For example a guide on the clcinfo Add-On would probably be in Paladin-area of the Class Guides sticky and in here if desired)
    • Mega-Sticky - Other

Also assign a mod(s) that would be responsible for just scanning the forums looking for guides and making sure the stickies are up to date (and of course that nobody is being an ass for no reason). Believe me, just doing that is a decent sized job.

And also, keep having those contests now and then. Helps keep stuff fresh, cuz people like winning stuff.