Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    if we just get Ring of Frost and nova duration reduced i'd consider us lucky.

i have a feeling they're going to do something with DR tho. i just hope they leave the specs alone.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mages need nerf'd CC wise

Arcane needs buffed - This just happen.

Fire needs a buff with single target dps. ( No way you can say we don't)

Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    Thankfully none of you who have never played a mage are making the class changes. It's pretty obvious that most people have no clue how it works. Unless by half your health, an aoe on a long cd that does some damage is pretty worthless. Essentially you want our level 83 spell that's on a long assed cd to hit for one of your heroic strikes? And that's assuming you don't bladestorm out of it etc. Makes no sense at all. Duration reduced, only freezes once, off of poly dr. Fixed.
    How will that also fix frost PvE? Oh it wont, its still going to suck. Great thinking there. PvP is a sidegame, never forget that, its something you do when you have nothing else to do. Do you even see the problems frost will have at the next tier? What's your experience in maths? Game design? Surely none.

The point was to also make the skill useful for PvE. The above idea is a net 667 dps increase given the tank (and mobs) stays in the circle. Its also a net 667 on everything in that circle (up to damage cap). That means, mages get a viable AoE that isn't dependant on a combustion spread. It also discourages melee from attacking them. Except rogues, but forces a CD use. Bladestorm doesn't make you immune to damage. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=93834

It also gives arcane mages help in the AOE area, I sure as hell dont want to see my arcane mages in raids (there are none atm for obvious reasons) going in whelps and start spamming AE. That would be an auto raidkick, during the fight. Frost also get to spam it twice. So it really is an initial dps gain of 1333 dps, which would take frost slightly over the current (miserable) state of fire given aoe is part of the fight. Would really make frost interesting for fights like wyrmbreaker and magmaw though.

It still doesn't fix the problems of how bad frost will be in tier 2 of the xpac. But fixing melee damage taken seems like a higher priority.