Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Bring Back Retired Mounts

I feel that they should bring back retired mounts from meta achievements and other drops.

I realize they said that some of these were rewards for the challenge and since it is easier to do now...
    But my arguement is by putting them back into the game, people will actually start doing these raids again.

Ulduar still has its proto-drakes, they made the Raven Lord earier to get now, the Rivendare Mount still drops

Why not bring back the others

The tribute chests from ToGC which yields the Crusaders White/Black Warhorse and the Swift Alliance Steed/Horde Wolf
    You still need to get a group together for a chance for 1 person to get this.
    Which is much more difficult that obtaining the Black or Twilight Drake from OS and they are just simple horses and wolfs as opposed to cool drakes
    Why would you take this out of the game?
    Put them back in!

The Black Proto Drake and the Plagued Proto Drake
    Why not make it where people start going back and doing these achievements again?
    In my opinion, it is much easier to comeplete the Ulduar achieves for the Rusted and Iron Drakes
    Put them back in!!

Now for the ones that I truly doubt will ever go back in, but its worth a shot...
    The Amani War Bear, Swift Zulian Tiger, and Swift Razzashi Raptor...
    I know they have replacements in the new dungeons
    But many mount collectors would still love these guys.

I know the good people at Blizz love their troll dungeons and it is only a matter of time til we get another one.
    Why not put an optional boss in that has a 1% chance of dropping one of these 3 mounts?

I know some will aregue that it isn't fair because they were in a top guild back then and it was a trophy.
    Well I say that in the Woeld of Warcraft all trophies tend to go away. Its sad but true:

For all the people who spend vacation time in Vanilla to gain Grand Marshal and now it is an achiev given from RBG...
    For those that went all out to gain the Insane title only for them to increase rep from everywhere, get rid of an achievement, and then adding new Darkmoon rep activities...
    Everything becomes easier, that is just the way it is in this gaming world.

Besides, how many top players back in early Wrath are still playing?
    I promise you there are alot more people that want these mounts than active players who have it who dont want them brought back

All I am asking is for the chance at possibly getting these mounts again.
    I doubt it will ever happen
    but as long as the Ulduar and ICC mounts are still obtainable,
    I am not giving up hope.

If you put them in, people will do these raids again, as you said.
    Why? Most people will just go back for transmog sets anyway. They were put in at the beginning for a challenge, and you said you know this, so.. The reason they took them out is because they wanted the skilled players to pop out of the crowd. And they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Why? Most people will just go back for transmog sets anyway. They were put in at the beginning for a challenge, and you said you know this, so.. The reason they took them out is because they wanted the skilled players to pop out of the crowd. And they do.
    Not really. When I see people with the mounts, I just get annoyed at Blizzard for taking them out.
    I don't think, oh wow they're good.
    I think; Ah, they got to do those easy achievements when the mount was available. Nice.
    There's nothing challenging about those achievements, and they surely weren't challenging at 80.

If anything they should have left them to get at 80. Like Herald of the Titans.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'd like the old epic wolves back, because the ones with armor looks more like angry dogs, than worgs.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

While it's not the case for every meta mount, the black/plauged proto drakes were not hard to achieve. The biggest challange was getting 25 people to not have a fucked up internet connection for Thad.

10+ Year Old Account
    im a mount whore who still wants to get his hands on an ivory raptor. stupid computer did support wow at the time vanilla came out. not fair to people like me who couldn't play and obtain those mounts.

Deleted
    The reason they took them out is because they wanted the skilled players to pop out of the crowd. And they do.
    Or they could put similiar to a heroic tag tooltip on peoples mounts whos got them when it was difficult. Then people could get the mounts again and those who have them already would have their precious "I did it when it was hard" tag.

I support return of mounts!

i completely disagreee with this. the Tmogging bit is extremely overhyped. people will get bored with it sooner rather then later. also. you said " it makes the skilled people stick out". older raids were a joke, especially ToC and TBC crap. im more impressed with the guy who has the ultra-marine battle tank then the dude who has the amani war bear or black proto drake. old stuff is old. its cool while its current content; but other then that.... no one cares.

Good idea. Can I have the gladiator mounts as well? I've always wanted one, but I don't really care about doing PvP and forcing me into arena during a specific season is totally unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    im a mount whore who still wants to get his hands on an ivory raptor. stupid computer did support wow at the time vanilla came out. not fair to people like me who couldn't play and obtain those mounts.
    Not Blizz's fault your computer was shitty.

Things get retired for a reason. Those mounts were for the people who worked for them. Bring them back and it makes their achievements seem worthless. You want them in because you know it would be easy. That is a selfish wish.

why do they keep the icc and ulduar meta achiev mounts then?

if it is just about being on top remove these as well.

it should be a reward for doing the meta today just like it was yesteryear.
    it is the exact same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Not Blizz's fault your computer was shitty.

Things get retired for a reason. Those mounts were for the people who worked for them. Bring them back and it makes their achievements seem worthless. You want them in because you know it would be easy. That is a selfish wish.
    wasnt my fault either. selfish yes. your "ima unique snowflake" desire. the same selfishness.

Bring them back, make them just as hard to get as they were when they removed them, and give them a different name, a la warbear, except dont change the appearance. this would let people who had them before they were removed still feel special and would let those of us who want them for the looks be happy too. Hell you could bring back the black/plagued proto drake model and name them Diarrhea/shitstaines Protodrake and I'd still rise em around. I love how they look and think it's a tragedy so few people got them, especially the black proto drake. Anyway just my two cents.

Certain ones I agree should return. The ToC and Naxx ones were stupidly easy to get even when they were current content, I have all 4 (Spread out amongst different chars) and I fully support them coming back. I don't think the warbear, tiger, and raptor should come back yet. Maybe in the next troll raid if it's in addition to the other mounts, but I wouldn't want to see them replace new mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Not really. When I see people with the mounts, I just get annoyed at Blizzard for taking them out.
    I don't think, oh wow they're good.
    I think; Ah, they got to do those easy achievements when the mount was available. Nice.
    There's nothing challenging about those achievements, and they surely weren't challenging at 80.

If anything they should have left them to get at 80. Like Herald of the Titans.
    Then you should have gotten them since they were so "easy".

And, Tribute to Immortality was quite difficult to do when it was current. Not too many guilds got it at all.

what they did to the war bear and the raven lord is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyhands View Post
    Then you should have gotten them since they were so "easy".

And, Tribute to Immortality was quite difficult to do when it was current. Not too many guilds got it at all.
    I got my wolf in a PuG O_o

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Immortality = Zero deaths (not zero wipes, zero deaths) in an entire heroic ToC25 run. It was pretty damn difficult to get done while it was current content, and rewarded those mounts with the flags on them.

Blizzard stated themselves that removing the Amani War Bear and the Naxx metas were a mistake and weren't going to be doing that again. The only problem with re-adding them was that people that did them while they weren't there wouldn't get them. And it would bog down customer service to make sure everyone with those achievements got the mounts.

The ToC ones I can see staying removed. Those required a real good amount of team work. Invincible and Mimiron's Head and the Pure Blood Firehawk are the new ways to say someone is skilled. Most people that got the Amani War Bear didn't earn it. They bought it. LOLSkillz.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Invincible and Mimiron's Head and the Pure Blood Firehawk are the new ways to say someone is skilled. Most people that got the Amani War Bear didn't earn it. They bought it. LOLSkillz.
    Well, Firehawk might be if it didn't also drop randomly on normal too, there were 5 of them flying about Stormwind on my server before anyone even killed Rag heroic, but that's another matter I guess.

Thankfully seems they didn't repeat that mistake with Deathwing.