Thread: I need a mouse.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I need a mouse.

I already have my keyboard picked out (Logitech G110), so now I need a mouse. I was looking at the Naga, but I'm not so sure I need all those buttons since the G110 already has 12.

I can't decide between all the possible choices so I am asking for your help.

I can assure you you want them. Those 12 thumb buttons are godsend. I have g110 + razr naga and it is perfect combo

I have a MX518 together with my G110, and I'm very pleased with the combo.

15+ Year Old Account
    sidewinder x5 is what i have and love it

been thinking of getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-062-_-Product look a bit outlandish but very comfortable at the store when i was playing around with it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    Picked up a Razer Naga myself after the Holidays. It's such an amazing device. Once you get it all setup and practice with it, get used to the 12 buttons on the side you're in love.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169418900

edit: my only complaint is the LED's that light up all the buttons and the logo can heat up the mouse a bit. You can turn them off with the driver interface though.

I have the logitech g500, i love it, all the buttons are programmable, and does everything i need.

Razer Naga or Razer Naga Epic

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

been thinking of getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-062-_-Product look a bit outlandish but very comfortable at the store when i was playing around with it
    I will one-up you with the sidewinder x8.
    Also love it. It's comfortable, has a charger that's long enough to use while playing,
    two thumb buttons, the wheel tilt(another two), and most importantly...blue light.
    Also adjustable dpi, changable mouse feet, etc.

Forgot to add that the mouses charger stays on by a magnet so no throwing your mouse across the floor by tripping over the charger
    Last edited by capslocked; 2011-01-05 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

While I don't own a RAT7 I have used one and they are great. Very heavy, but extremely customizable to your hand size. Nice smooth tracking and it works well on most surface types.

Quote Originally Posted by Tueland View Post
    Razer Naga or Razer Naga Epic
    Although I personally dislike the Naga-series (tried one for a week, it's now a pretty ornament), some people will always like them.

But the Epic is cord-less, and I wouldn't recommend them for that reason alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't recommend the Razer Naga. Tried it for 2-3 hours in PvP (including "key"binds, of course), but in my opinion you're just a lot faster with your hands on the keyboard than you are with your single thumb on those 12 small buttons. If you want a really great mouse, I'd suggest the Roccat kone [+]: roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/ (I think, i'm not able to post full links yet, sorry.)

Greets, Ozz.
    There are going to be songs about sex, and there are going to be songs about food."
    Tenacious D - about their upcoming record. Probably the best album ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzsome View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the Razer Naga. Tried it for 2-3 hours in PvP (including "key"binds, of course), but in my opinion you're just a lot faster with your hands on the keyboard than you are with your single thumb on those 12 small buttons. If you want a really great mouse, I'd suggest the Roccat kone [+]: roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/ (I think, i'm not able to post full links yet, sorry.)

Greets, Ozz.
    not sure how you can be faster on keyboard than on 12 thumb buttons but Naga is definitely not something you can fully appreciate after 2 hours of playing. Also, did you try those rubber trainer stickers?

Not sure With Naga epic. The price difference is not worth it imo

I like my R.A.T.Z. 7, it looks a little bit like someone took pieces from a tank and stuck them together, but I've never had such a wonderfully customizable mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    not sure how you can be faster on keyboard than on 12 thumb buttons but Naga is definitely not something you can fully appreciate after 2 hours of playing. Also, did you try those rubber trainer stickers?

Not sure With Naga epic. The price difference is not worth it imo
    I have 5 fingers to use on my keyboard, 1 to use on my thumb buttons, which can I click(hit) more on?

10+ Year Old Account
    i use a Naga and i love it, great mouse and even more awesome buttons

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    While I don't own a RAT7 I have used one and they are great. Very heavy, but extremely customizable to your hand size. Nice smooth tracking and it works well on most surface types.
    I like heavy mice =)

the x8 i looked at, capslocked, but i've always been somewhat uneasy about wireless mice. they're much better now than they used to be probably, but i like wired still =)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/797659...k/Product.html cheap & cheerful but onyl two buttons :Z
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    I have 5 fingers to use on my keyboard, 1 to use on my thumb buttons, which can I click(hit) more on?
    1 per GCD, no matter if on keyboard or mouse. yeah, some abilities are off GCD. And for these thumb is much faster. Believe it or not but thumb is the most agile finger among the five.
    And my statement stays, you will not appreciate Naga after two hours
    I have accomodated even my action bar addon to look like naga buttons

Got the naga a few days ago and I absaloutley love it, I don't know how I played without now, it's become second nature and it opens up so many more binds than I had and i find it alot easier to use than just keyboard binds. The only issue I have with it are that the forward/back browsing buttons are a bit awkward to press but other than that its the best mouse I've ever used. It's good for fps too due to high adjustable dpi and 100hz.
    STFU and kill shit.

I use a rat and love it all my friends call it a transformer lol made more for fps thou with the sniper button but meh