Thread: I need a mouse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Now I don't know if your male or female.

In case you are female, or you'r a guy with very slim hands. I can only reccomend razer - and it's exceptional good too if you'r left handed.

I am left handed, and it took me 2 years to find a mouse that suit my hands. Logitech makes some really good ones, however they are way too big to my tiny hand, so I cannot reach the buttons.

Razer copperhead, is awesome though, despite the 7 buttons on it. But I've hotkeyd them with an alt+ as well

my girlfriend suggests going to petco.

Razer Naga is awesome. Don't know how I ever played without it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I use a Cyborg R.A.T 3, R.A.T 7 but not as expensive and doesnt have the extra left and right scroll wheel buttons.

I'm one for two thumb buttons just something I'm used to and this mouse has that.

Feels good looks amazing (Pretty Much a R.A.T 7 replica) Good Price.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Razer Naga is awesome. Don't know how I ever played without it.
    ^THIS^
    The Razer Naga is by far the best mouse i've ever used. Fits the hand well and the number pad on the side of the mouse is friggin epic. You can flip the switch on the bottom of your mouse to bind it to ur main spell bar, or bind it to macro's on ur number pad. Plus with a price tag right around 85 dollars, it's pretty affordable. The only thing that tripped me up is the mouse #4 and mouse #5 buttons. I've been used to using a mouse that has the #4 button on the left and # 5 on the right side of the mouse. The naga's 4 and 5 buttons are both on the left side with the 4 button positioned right above the 5 button. It took a little getting used to but now I don't even think about it.

Do you people really use all 12 of the damn thumbgrid buttons? I only got mess with it for a minute or so, but just the way I hold the mouse and the size of my hand makes it really awkward to hit the 6 buttons towards the back of the mouse. I still like the overall feel of the mouse, but the thumb grid just seems really over the top.

I have the original Sidewinder and I absolutely love it.
    Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus isn't a raptor

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naga. Enough said
    Auburn Tigers 2010 National Champions

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still waiting for my Naga Epic to show up (got it off of amazon) but I have used my friend's regular naga and I love it, great comfort and easy to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Analena View Post
    I already have my keyboard picked out (Logitech G110), so now I need a mouse. I was looking at the Naga, but I'm not so sure I need all those buttons since the G110 already has 12.

I can't decide between all the possible choices so I am asking for your help.
    Have not read through the thread yet but here is my opinion, I recently went from a logitech 7 button gaming mouse to a Razer Naga and its a huge difference, I only use 6 of the thumb buttons but I now use the middle mouse button as a modifier key (done with Razer software)
    So now for key-binds I have 1,2,3,4,5,q,e,r,t,f,g + 1,2,3,4,5,6 on the mouse + those again modified with middle mouse button and you can still have shift+ all of those aswell.

I am a PVPer and playing my warrior it has been a huge difference, all my abilities are key-bound, and not only that but within very easy reach, no struggling to get to keys when they are needed.

Also the finish of the mouse is just superb, it has a lovely rubber textured grip that your hand does not slip off and fantastic control even with my big hands (it took a little getting used to holding a smaller mouse but it is not uncomfortable at all)

Oh and don't forget the Razer addon for wow as well, you get easy setup of your bars, really easy resizing and key bindings, and theres no additional having to setup stance / stealth / druid form bars as your main bar auto switches for you.

Anyway enough of my love of my Naga, get your hands on one and I doubt you will regret it, it gives you so much more than the equivalent mice out there (and yes I have tried the steel series one and it felt like a toy it was so light and tinny-Eughh!)

Thanks

Einholt

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Do you people really use all 12 of the damn thumbgrid buttons? I only got mess with it for a minute or so, but just the way I hold the mouse and the size of my hand makes it really awkward to hit the 6 buttons towards the back of the mouse. I still like the overall feel of the mouse, but the thumb grid just seems really over the top.
    I have bound 3 most used spells to 4-6, spells I use not that often to 1-3 and 7-9 and those that I use seldom to 10-12. I rest my thumb on the second line (4-6) so that I can reach 1-9 easily and 10-12 will just little effort. I have even set up my action bars to look like the grid: 3 x 4. See here:

Last edited by Deepfriedegg; 2011-01-11 at 08:58 AM.

Deathadder.

I really can't see the need for 12 buttons, no can I see the ability to accurately know where your thumb is currently sitting in the midst of a battle.

Deathadder has the most accurate sensor ever, is a perfect size to fit in your hand and has 2 thumb buttons, which are prefect.

I use mine with a Razer Goliathus, which gives you enough room to be able to do whatever you want

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin View Post
    no can I see the ability to accurately know where your thumb is currently sitting in the midst of a battle.
    There are lots of rubber stickers that you can put on whichever buttons you want. I personally have them stuck diamond-shaped on buttons 2,4,6 and 8 so I perfectly know which button is my finger on. But it takes some time to get used to that, sure

Deleted
    you could try the cataclysm MMO mouse. It doesn´t have quite as many buttons as the naga so it should work for you.

I use the Razer Imperator, Really great mouse and not that expensive.

Pfft iv been using Logitech MX 518 for around 2 years now and it works for me!

OT: Go naga or do nada

Deleted
    You should get a Razer naga.

Whatever keyboards that offers extra buttons, are not as good as if it is on the mouse. I've got a Logitech G11 with 18 Extra buttons, and i havent used A SINGLE ONE since i bought it simply because they are too far away.

Oh btw, i got a razer naga the day it came out :P

By the way, everyone seems to think that you can only bind the numbers 1-9-0-+-´ which is totaly false. With the Razer naga driver you can bind any key you want to any keyboard-key, for example i have Z and K on button 10 and 11(on naga). The sensor on the mouse is by far the best i've tried, its extremly precise.
    Last edited by mmoc4814bc6f58; 2011-01-11 at 10:36 AM.