Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rogues and dks can probably get away with the least.

I play a Holy Paladin.. and I use over 50 keybinds, lots of macros. An excelled player will always use 30+ keybinds on every class. And I use all 50 of those buttons regularly. Every class has tons of binds, macro'd.

That being said, if I had to pick a class with the lowest amount of keybinds, it's probably Shaman. Shaman isn't the easiest to play right now though, but still not many keybinds.

u wont find anything that has low keybinds in pvp todays. Too many spells and combinations to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Reverrend View Post
    My 31 keybinds says hi
    Well that IS less than 40, which is what OP asked for. ^^

My personal suggestion would probably be Shadowpriest.. Its less about which button to press and more about when to press them.
    Do note that i'm suggesting this based solely on you looking for a class with fewer keybinds, not for one with a more simple gameplay. (They dont have too many situational abilities in need of binding, but the tradeoff is that the abilities they do have are all important in almost every fight, so blowing one at a wrong time has a much more negative effect than it might with another class/spec... Say placing a bad trap on your hunter, or firing a premature Conc Shot you still have a couple of options left to save you while if you blow Psychic Scream at a bad time you're essentially screwed.)

Think of it as the 10man to the 25mans.. In essence its more simple to manage, however every loss/mistake is more costly.
    Last edited by Ershiin; 2011-01-06 at 07:56 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

I'm impressed nobody mentionned ret pal ! Few offensive abilities, few defensive, almost no macro...

I have 57 keybinds on my mage.

Exactly 40 keybinds on my rogue, more if I switch to Subtlety spec. Out of the classes I've PVPed as (rogue/mage/hunter/dk/priest/druid), I'd say DK has fewer buttons to mash than the others.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2011-01-06 at 09:44 AM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

I'd say rogue has the least since stealth and unstealth uses similar bars. Defintely not druid though, once you built in all the macros and stuff, there just isn't enough keys.

You can try the following two addons to reduce the number of keybinds such as grid+Clique? Clique also works on your enemy unit frames as well. You basically keybind your mouse to frames. So for example, on friendly targets you could middle click on grid = Rejuv, right click = lifebloom, shift + right click = regrowth, crtl + left = wildgrowth and on enimies you can use the same clicks right click for cylone, middle click for roots, etc etc. Through in thorns and all the other spells, and if you mouse has more than 3 buttons ... that would help too.

The best thing about this is that you can do this without losing focus. So target you main target and can cast beneficial buff/healing and offensive skills/spells on other targets without changing your current target!

Someone also mentioned an add-on called naga or something along those lines. I've not tested that though. but if your current setup isn't working for you, you can give those add-ons a try.
    Last edited by wingcommander; 2011-01-06 at 02:03 PM.

In Short

To the OP: If you want to be successful in PvP you don't have much of a choice, but to have 30+ keybinds, or 20+ very well written macros.

Shaman are NOT the class to play if you want to reduce your keybinds. I have 80% of my totems keybound, 11 macros, and 13 spells on my bars.

Deleted
    Who here has over 55 keybindings, not counting Modifiers or any of that shit, actually have OVER 55 keyBINDings on your bars?

i think Pally have to be one of the easier classes to play. HoF yourself, chase the target, and wack at him. throw HoW when he's low. cleanse yourself when HoF is down or dispelled is probably the hardest part. i mean i know Blizzard added a few more mechanics to the class but fromm what i've seen of them they still are playing the same abilities more or less, which a lot of is based on set it and forget it, with very little choice/variation or upkeep.

FrostMages and Rogues are IMO more difficult to play than most classes. kiting a player is more difficult than chasing one. split second button mashing or you're getting hit. direction AE and at close range. WE freeze requires a combo of buttons, and a good mage will do it all in succession so the target doesn't have time to dispel/trinket the freeze. Rogues are difficult because they have a limited amount of CD's that all have to be played well enough, or they're screwed. neither class really has auto proc or set it and forget it mechanics, all CD's need to be played timely. i mean killing pve'ers lvling, etc. is easy, but playing either of these classes well is more difficult than playing most other classes well imo.

DK's are another one i'd consider pretty easy.

Even with Warriors, there is a pretty big difference between the timely well played ones and most others. people act like they're so easy but i'd disagree since there is too much of a gap between most Warriors and then some who are doing very last second reflects that still apply to the spell being cast, and/or their CD's played no matter how small(like fear) just to get more hits in. but i swear with Pallys the only difference i see between the good and bad ones is they just hit a lot harder and are faster on their moves but they still are more or less playing the same straight forward abilities to kill their target.

no offense to pallys since i know there are a lot here including druids, but its what i see...

oh and i got carried away. variation = key binds for the sake of my points related to this thread, or at least regular use of them. Mages are still flipping bars probably, which i don't think most other classes are.
    Last edited by candyass; 2011-01-06 at 02:45 PM.

Shadow Priests, I never played such an easy class in pvp and its pretty much faceroll, I have less than 2 bars worth of keybinds on my priest and I messed everyone up at 80.

I have an 80 of every class, working on making that an 85 of every class. I would personally say Frost Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    i think Pally have to be one of the easier classes to play. HoF yourself, chase the target, and wack at him. throw HoW when he's low. cleanse yourself when HoF is down or dispelled is probably the hardest part. i mean i know Blizzard added a few more mechanics to the class but fromm what i've seen of them they still are playing the same abilities more or less, which a lot of is based on set it and forget it, with very little choice/variation or upkeep.
    Ahahahha, you're funny....

Ret is by far one of the hardest to PVP well at the moment as it requires such absurd luck and coordination that its just not worth it in most cases. The best part is when you said: "...chase the taret, and wack at him."... thats currently nigh impossible with any class that wants to kite you; especially those that can purge off your HoF or AW. And set and forget? Little choice of variance or upkeep? Have you even read a thread on the paladin forums or are you just trolling?

Ret has a ton of buttons to push and the coordination required is very high; I for one swapped specs to holy in this expansion due to guild need and have found holy paly to be quite fun. I have a ton of abilities macroed and keybound since I end up using quite a few of them very often.

I'd say mage is pretty easy these days; frost doesn't really have a lot of buttons it needs to push to be effective at kiting, killing, or ccing... a good mage, like any good player, will have far more keybound and use far more abilities than a bad mage of course. I'd have to agree with an above poster that shaman probably fits that same situation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GLRockwell View Post
    Death knights in general have the least amount of skillls in the game. This is probably because they aren't saddled with 2 expansions worth of 'fresh' skills like the vanilla classes. DKs were streamlines in WotLK and have remained that way, with very few overlapping or redundant skills (hello, paladins!).
    As I play both a paladin and a DK I would have to say this is false.

To the OP: There are none, stop looking!

Deleted
    Enh shaman, Purge,frost shock, hero, wolves is all you ever need!

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    Ahahahha, you're funny....

Ret is by far one of the hardest to PVP well at the moment as it requires such absurd luck and coordination that its just not worth it in most cases. The best part is when you said: "...chase the taret, and wack at him."... thats currently nigh impossible with any class that wants to kite you; especially those that can purge off your HoF or AW. And set and forget? Little choice of variance or upkeep? Have you even read a thread on the paladin forums or are you just trolling?

Ret has a ton of buttons to push and the coordination required is very high; I for one swapped specs to holy in this expansion due to guild need and have found holy paly to be quite fun. I have a ton of abilities macroed and keybound since I end up using quite a few of them very often.

I'd say mage is pretty easy these days; frost doesn't really have a lot of buttons it needs to push to be effective at kiting, killing, or ccing... a good mage, like any good player, will have far more keybound and use far more abilities than a bad mage of course. I'd have to agree with an above poster that shaman probably fits that same situation as well.

be specific, and 'luck' is irrelevant to this. its about what you're playing and how much variation you HAVE to play on a regular basis with your keybinds. not how hard of a time you have catching your target once HoF is dispelled.

i know Rets have HoJ, repentance, and HoF, then a HoW maybe to finish. what else are you regularly playing to kill your target on a regular basis?

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    be specific, and 'luck' is irrelevant to this. its about what you're playing and how much variation you HAVE to play on a regular basis with your keybinds. not how hard of a time you have catching your target once HoF is dispelled.

i know Rets have HoJ, repentance, and HoF, then a HoW maybe to finish. what else are you regularly playing to kill your target on a regular basis?
    CS, TV, Exo, Conc, DP, Judge, HW, WoG, DivProt, Arcane Torrent, HoW, Repent, Hammer(stun), Rebuke, DivShield... also knowing when to time trinkets, wings, and zeal. In terms of supporting my team... HoS, HoP, more WoG, poison/disease cleans, Heals...

This doesn't include all the procs Ret has to watch for, most of which are based on white hits (which is really hard to get when you can't stay on target). For ret, it has -always- been timing.... ALWAYS been on having to line everything up absolutely perfectly with no screw ups or you have to wait another min or two for your long CDs to come off CD in order to line everything up again.

Ret is pretty broken in PVP, it's why you often see prot and holy in pvp and rarely a ret. Any team with an offensive dispeller dismantles a ret paladin as an offensive force.

As a warrior, ofc i dont use as many things as i have keybound, though i have 4 out of 5 bars fully keybound so far, with special keyboard buttons, regular ones, mouse, whatever :P also almost filled both the normal Macro page and the character specific macro page, mostly useful stuff, some useless though :P

Deleted
    Rogues have the least stuff to bind.