Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    CS, TV, Exo, Conc, DP, Judge, HW, WoG, DivProt, Arcane Torrent, HoW, Repent, Hammer(stun), Rebuke, DivShield... also knowing when to time trinkets, wings, and zeal. In terms of supporting my team... HoS, HoP, more WoG, poison/disease cleans, Heals...

This doesn't include all the procs Ret has to watch for, most of which are based on white hits (which is really hard to get when you can't stay on target). For ret, it has -always- been timing.... ALWAYS been on having to line everything up absolutely perfectly with no screw ups or you have to wait another min or two for your long CDs to come off CD in order to line everything up again.

Ret is pretty broken in PVP, it's why you often see prot and holy in pvp and rarely a ret. Any team with an offensive dispeller dismantles a ret paladin as an offensive force.
    actually you're right on some of those, that i overlooked. good rets will use JoJ and stuff like that, in fact thats one of the bigger differences between good and bad pallys. and i guess there is the team support abilities, i'm just so used to seeing them chasing more than supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    actually you're right on some of those, that i overlooked. good rets will use JoJ and stuff like that, in fact thats one of the bigger differences between good and bad pallys. and i guess there is the team support abilities, i'm just so used to seeing them chasing more than supporting.
    Seal swapping does take place to some regard... but then it removes ret from a dps roll to a control roll. JoJ doesn't exist anymore; it's just Judgement now (which is kind of lame in my opinion).

When I did pvp as ret; I would swap to SoJ when someone was kiting me and swap to SoT once I got close enough. But yea, like I said, I've stopped playing ret due to them being more or less a third rate arena/bg spec and have gone holy in pvp. I'm enjoying it quite a bit more too. :-)

Almost as many keybinds for holy as ret, though I use a smaller subset consistently.

Deleted
    there is a big diffrence between pve and pvp. for pve on my rogue i have like 15keybinds i need or so. perhaps 20.
    for pvp i have alot more then some of you guys think. 44macros, 22 of them are also a modifier/nomodifier macro. and then arround 10normal binds.

tbh the rogues who have so few binds, i dont think you have arena macros and such?
    im counting out Sdance bar and stealth bar cause they are at the same binds as the normal bar.
    imo is fun to have a lot to press. you have to know exactly where everything is.

i have alot less macros and binds on my DK/mage. i play my class because i love it, not because i have more/less binds, but thats just my opinion
    Last edited by mmoc45e9d7f6b9; 2011-01-06 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howling View Post
    Rogues have the least stuff to bind.
    Could other classes link their PVP abilities (and specs) please? I'm certain I have more hastle with bindings on my rogue than on the other characters I've PVPed as (DK, hunter, priest, druid).

Kidney shot, rupture, envenom, gouge, dismantle, mutilate, cold blood, kick, redirect, CoS (10)
    Combat readiness, SnD, recuperate, evasion, throw, backstab, blind, stealth, sprint, deadly throw (20)
    TotT, Vendetta, Shiv, Distract, Smoke bomb, FoK, cheap shot, garrote, sap, ambush (30)
    Vanish, expose armor, eviscerate, focus-kick, focus-blind, focus-gouge, focus-dismantle, sapmacro, feint* (39)

39 needed PVP keybinds for an assassination rogue, excluding PVP trinket, your racial abilities of choice, profession abilities, and 4-10 target/focus macros for arena1/arena2 etc depending on available bar space :/
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2011-01-06 at 06:36 PM. Reason: * lol thx, missed feint
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    you forgot feint;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Could other classes link their PVP abilities (and specs) please? I'm certain I have more hastle with bindings on my rogue than on the other characters I've PVPed as (DK, hunter, priest, druid).

Kidney shot, rupture, envenom, gouge, dismantle, mutilate, cold blood, kick, redirect, CoS (10)
    Combat readiness, SnD, recuperate, evasion, throw, backstab, blind, stealth, sprint, deadly throw (20)
    TotT, Vendetta, Shiv, Distract, Smoke bomb, FoK, cheap shot, garrote, sap, ambush (30)
    Vanish, expose armor, eviscerate, focus-kick, focus-blind, focus-gouge, focus-dismantle, sapmacro (38)

38 needed PVP keybinds for an assassination rogue, excluding PVP trinket, your racial abilities of choice, profession abilities, and 4-10 target/focus macros for arena1/arena2 etc depending on available bar space :/
    Focus macros and macros in general are not counted since you can have as many as you want of those.

Deleted
    Focus macros and macros in general are not counted since you can have as many as you want of those.
    some classes have more focus macros and general macros then other classes. indeed, you can have as many as you want, but some classes have more "must" macros then other classes. so thats kinda an unfair statement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exces View Post
    If you want to pvp and be good at it, you will have to use many abilities no matter what class you pick.
    ^ this. Play FPS games, they dont require much keys :>

Quote Originally Posted by coreyman View Post
    As I play both a paladin and a DK I would have to say this is false.
    Could you elaborate? How many hotkeys do you have on your paladin vs. your DK?

I have 44 on my Protection Paladin and I had to cut a few corners to get it down that far.

My Unholy DK has 28 and I bound everything I could possibly ever use to a key.

I'd be gimped without those focus macros as assassination, but it would be really bad as subtlety as you can't just swap targets all the time due to HaT procs clearing your combos on your last target.

A sapmacro is undisputably essential, so even without the focus binds that's still 34 keys. Is that about the same as the other classes?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

I'd try out a rogue. I have *every* class above level 70 (well, i deleted my shaman) and I think my rogue has the least keybinds of them all. not saying rogues are easy to play, just have less keybinds.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Last class to play if you wan't to avoid hotkeys - Druid. In my oppinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cossa View Post
    OT: I would recommend mage, warrior (a lot of macros, but ends up with not so many binds), or shaman.
    You, sir, are an idiot. Shamans have the most keybinds out of anyone.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Prot pally

Throw shield
    Bash their face with shield
    Throw hammer at them

any pet class will have more binds than most. due to 2-5 pet bind spells (summon, attack, passive, spell1, spell2). Id say warriors have byfar the fewest keybinds. Rogues aswell due to having a stealth bar. Warlocks to me have the most. Ive played every class at 70+ except a mage so cant speak on that front.