The new mount colors.

I have searched and not found anything about this, so here goes.

It only seems that I am the only one that have reacted on this; our Mounts new colors, and it only seems to apply on Tigers and Raptors. I am talking about their armor.
    Now our tigers armor look like this:

EDIT! Took new pictures in IF with the same light:

And before they looked like this:

Am I the only one seeing this and think that the new, much darker look on the armors look awful? :< Especially on the white tiger (To the left, don't remember the name atm).

Love, Tikiya~
    Last edited by Tikiya; 2011-01-06 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lighting in the two screenshots is immensely different, far too much to make any comparison. However I haven't noticed any difference in-game so maybe it's a graphics settings or card issue?

Id say by looking at the pictures its because of the lighting but the top pictures look a slighty bit different along the neck it looks like blocks where in the second its just jewels, so maybe they have maybe it is your graphic card or just the lighting
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

The lighting may be different, but I think you're right. I think I remember noticing that it was darker, and on my black war tiger right now, it does seem a lot darker than it used to. Could be just me, but I heard about the raptor/tiger armor getting darker before.

Nope OP is right. Ive seen the differences in the raptors and tigers as well and in same lighting.

well the middle one , looks fishy since the argent tournament kitty is white with purple gems ... and that looks the same as that one D: for the other 2 left and right it might be correct.

Noticed this immediately as well, but haven't bothered with it.

I can only assume this is the result of a change in the game's graphics engine, drawing lightning differently, causing a different finish on what used to be shiny surfaces.

It occurred when the new Cataclysm graphics engine was implemented, 4.0.

- Raptors and Tigers appear to have taken the largest hit.

You're not crazy. There's a clear difference.

I know it was a bit bad of me to not take the pictures in the same light, but this is not just me, I have friends seeing it as well :/ Must have been something Blizzard have done Although now I don't eant to use my white tiger because it looks like crap >.<

I noticed on my Zulian Tiger, it was back in like 4.0 I believe. Also, the Black War Raptor looks so much more badass now. js.
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    other shaman are in a sort of relationship with the elements.
    Goblins are more like rapists...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Black war raptor has definitely changed, saw it immediately after the patch release. It's been getting a little darker with much more darker red platings.

so yeah, they have changed :]]

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen the difference in game too since the pre cat patch. Most likely to do with the graphic card/ settings possibly.

Deleted
    My Razzashi Raptor from Zul'gurub is now having a much darker armor than it used to (Though I've noticed this long ago)

This changed after 4.0.1, I think. It's definitely been around for awhile.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

It's probably to do with the engine changes, just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    This changed after 4.0.1, I think. It's definitely been around for awhile.
    Yes I noticed it waaayyy back but it was just now I decided to make a post about it to see if anyone else have seen it aswell!