Feral Dps Questions

Been playing a feral dps for quite a while now, but I still have a few questions, particularly about the gear in cataclysm. Although most people are still in blues, I see a lot of BoEs floating around that would be quite good for feral, but I want to know what pieces of tier I am going to get before I go out and buy some pieces... only to replace them a few short weeks later with tier gear.

1. The 2 set bonus looks good for dps, but I don't know how good the 4 set is, ... it really breaks down to increasing my overall dps by 3%, but most of the gear has haste rating on it, which is the least effective stat for ferals right now. Would it be better to just have the 2 set (until heroic tier) and filter in other leathers?

2. Which pieces of tier do I want to go for? The tier pants are a definate, but what else.

3. right now, the meta gem is messed up 21 agi 3% crit damage. Blizzard announced they would be fixing it, but not until a major patch. So, what would be the Best alternative?

I am sure more questions will arise as time progresses, and I look forward to feedback.

Go for gloves and legs from t11. I'm using Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond, +54 Mastery Rating and Minor Run Speed Increase (useless),
    Requires at least 2 Yellow gems. Hit and exp is actually even less effective than haste for kitties atm.

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    I'm using Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond, +54 Mastery Rating and Minor Run Speed Increase (useless).
    It's not useless. Mastery is good for us, and the requirements are not bad. However, discussions on EJ has actually proved that even with the crappy requirements, the good ol' WotLK meta gem (21 agi, 3% crit dmg) beats Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond. Doing some quick calculations I found out that also Destructive Shadowspirit Diamond beats the Fleet meta gem.

Refer to the sticky Cat guide, page 25 (starting at post #489), for more information on this subject.

By useless I meant the movement speed bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Marloss View Post
    It's not useless. Mastery is good for us, and the requirements are not bad. However, discussions on EJ has actually proved that even with the crappy requirements, the good ol' WotLK meta gem (21 agi, 3% crit dmg) beats Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond. Doing some quick calculations I found out that also Destructive Shadowspirit Diamond beats the Fleet meta gem.

Refer to the sticky Cat guide, page 25 (starting at post #489), for more information on this subject.
    yes, the 21 agi, 3% crit is better, but it still is bugged, with the "more blue than red" requirement

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Hit and exp is actually even less effective than haste for kitties atm.
    I went into Bastion, without being expertise cap and I noticed a huge decease in my dps, when i reforged into it, my dps went back up to 12k+