Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by winchesster View Post
    well what would be a good psu to power the 460?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    At your budget AMD is the winner. Intel-based rigs only shine for medium-high budgets. For PSU, anything above 500w from a known brand should do the job.
    As for building it...not much that can go wrong really, there's virtually no difference in the way AMD and Intel rigs come together. Just a different chip with a similar-looking motherboard :P
    Please read through all the posts :P

10+ Year Old Account
    For your graphics, why would you want one "equal" to it? You would want one significantly better or you'll feel your money wasn't put to the best use. To see a big enough improvement over your 9800GT, I would recommend HD5770 at a minimum. GTX460 768mb is the next leap up in terms of performance, and GTX460 1gb and HD6850 being the higher-end cards. Look up the prices and take your pick = /

Please read through all the posts :P
    I'm aware that you've recommended a TX650 and he's also picked a 680w, I was just reassuring him that anything above 500w will do the job (so people stop throwing him off with "lawl that psu isn't good enough" due to not reading through the posts).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-01-06 at 02:47 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

ya im reading every post and like i said im trying to get all angles of input

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 02:55 AM ----------

now my next question is what is the main difference between the athlon and phenom series.

Quote Originally Posted by winchesster View Post
    ya im reading every post and like i said im trying to get all angles of input

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 02:55 AM ----------

now my next question is what is the main difference between the athlon and phenom series.
    Generally

Phenom = Performance
    Athlon II = $/Cost Ratio