any tips? (druid tank)

my profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aztèca/simple

Please let me know if my spec, gemming, reforging, chanting could be better spent in anything.

don't be afraid to be mean, but please nothing like "haha iz bare, l2play and gow reztore nub!"

just keep it civil?

Edit: in bear i think i'm in 27% dodge and about 31% crit, going to around 32% dodge (after trinket proc) with 45% crit (after 3x pulverize + trinket).

With current gear, there is really no need to gem or reforge for hit and expertise. You shouldn't have any threat problems after a few seconds into the fight. Also, you shouldn't be reforging crit, and also shouldn't reforge to crit either. Natural crit on gear should be enough. Stacking stamina should not be necessary. Personally I have 347 ilvl gear and have about 150k HP in heroics, which is really enough.

My suggestion: Reforge all hit, expertise, and haste to mastery and/or dodge. Gem all agility (but keep meta active.) Leave everything else as it came on the gear. Get avoidance enchants (dodge, armor on cloak.)

My Armory

Edit: About reforging for dodge or mastery, I'm not sure which one to take myself. I think I am taking more damage with having everything reforged to dodge now. Might switch back to all mastery.
    Last edited by blizzy; 2011-01-06 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added my armory link

so hit/expertise isn't worth it? I thought hit for 8% and expertise soft for no dodge was essential for bears so our yellows, which builds the threat, doesn't miss the boss so we can build threat.

i'm roughly the same and only have 140 after my stam, but i'm nelf...XD

I can understand agi instead of crit as agi still gives the crit + ap. But isn't our savage defence our main dmg reducing ability? or was it nerfed and i missed something?

also, i can't read german is it? i'm only fluent in Spanish and Egnlish.

Edit, forgot dodge: well after my trinket procs, i'm put at around 31-32% dodge, which i remember reading somewhere that was more then enough, or should i be shooting higher (with reforging to dodge/gemming agi)?
    Last edited by AddixXxion; 2011-01-06 at 03:09 PM. Reason: forgot dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by AddixXxion View Post
    so hit/expertise isn't worth it? I thought hit for 8% and expertise soft for no dodge was essential for bears so our yellows, which builds the threat, doesn't miss the boss so we can build threat.
    Not worth it with current gear. Hit becomes interesting once you have DPS creep up on you in terms of threat.

I can understand agi instead of crit as agi still gives the crit + ap. But isn't our savage defence our main dmg reducing ability? or was it nerfed and i missed something?

also, i can't read german is it?
    Replace "de" in the URL with "en", or just use this armory link.

things will change soon if the 17% dmg nerf goes live, and Skull Bash missing already has. Hit now looks a whole lot better.

Why they decided to nerf swipe and thrash by 17% boggles my mind though..

I'm not sure if the swipe and thrash nerfs are coming or if they're the ones we already got so I'm not gonna sweat over it yet. I still wouldn't sacrifice much in the way of survival to hit cap for tanking though. I'm sitting at 6% hit right now in my current gear without putting any effort into it.

To the OP, never use crit gems. Agi will always be more valuable. Also in regards to your trinkets, you should farm H Stonecore for Leaden Despair and H BRC for Grace of the Herald. I personally like to gem stam in blue sockets, agi + stam in red, and dodge + stam in yellow but some prefer to focus more on agility.

Quote Originally Posted by mauledbypandas View Post
    Why they decided to nerf swipe and thrash by 17% boggles my mind though..
    It went live in November. These are tooltip fixes.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have value (expertise way more than hit) it's just as of right now stats like agility & stam are just worth SOO much more. If you happen to pick up some gear that comes with hit/mastery or expertise/mastery then bonus... but dont go out of your way to gem, enchant or reforge for it.

Crit gives you crit which will only help in producing more savage defense procs.

Agility gives you multiple things. Crit... which your crit gems already do. Dodge aka your avoidance. Attack power... which not only helps with threat, but increases how much your savage defense absorbs.

Each time you deal a critical strike while in Bear Form or Dire Bear Form, you gain Savage Defense, reducing the damage taken from the next physical attack that strikes you by 25% of your attack power.
    Aglity is doing what crit does for SD + more.

P.S yes SD was nerfed pretty badly during beta.

alright, so i've done some changes to my gemming/reforging

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aztèca/simple

i'm now at 134.9 self buffed hp with 29.4something percent dodge and 29.something crit

Edit: i lost about 5-8k hp, but does that really matter?

i did an h today, but I didn't really feel a difference from how I had it before, I did double the dps of the dps, and tripple the dmg (bad dps anyone?), due in part to the agi regemming?

idk what to say about the dmg i take, it "feels" the same, but then again i only pay attention to it when i drop below 50% and start using barkskin + tinkers, then rotate in SI and FR (glyphed).

am i atleast raid ready? (i do know all the encounters, i doubt i'll get too far with my guild being pretty casual, love them though, funnest guild i've been in)
    Last edited by AddixXxion; 2011-01-07 at 04:43 AM. Reason: forgot how much hp i lost.

Reforge everything that hasn't been reforged yet. Also the socket bonus in your chest is actually worth gemming for You essentially end up getting free stats.

Try and farm for the heroic version of the weapon you have.

yeah, i was trying to get the yellow socket bonus, but yellow gives mastery (which wouldn't put me at 17 as i'm at 16.07) and couldn't find agi/stam for the yellow like gems. all i saw was crit, mastery, expertise, and hit i believe, but i'm a bit dyslexic :P

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks ok to me,, if ya tank tho maybe switch them pure agi gems for agi/stam. socket bonuses r good to get too now.. atm tho as long as your hit capped pretty much and got around 26 expertise or there abouts then thats fine,, and yea dont unreforge crit or reforge for crit, crit off gear is enough, reforge haste instead or any escess hit or exp,,, also i find mastery awesome for feral tanks after dodge,, dodge is essential but you dont want to much due to DR etc,, and maybe some proper tank trinkies too, that crab one from throne of tides and the one from stonecore are great

agi/stam in red sockets
    dodge/stam in yellows
    stam in blue or agi/stam upto you
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

thanks guys for all the help, i more or less know what i should be doing now.

*JUMP HI 5*