Thread: Magmaw 25

Magmaw 25

For those who have done the magmaw fight, is it better for range to stack up or spread out during the fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    We just stacked up and moved whenever the flame pillar spawned.

Pack up. When pillar spawns all move to the otherside of the room let hunters frost trap , locks shadowfury etc and nuke the shit out of them:P

We tried a different strat today:

EVERYONE stacks in melee, and we have me, a Frost DK with Chillblains(was previously kiting adds on Conclave heroic) just dropping a DnD on the pillar spawn, move the the other side of the room, and spam Howling Blast on them while the ranged AoE them down.

Previously used the strat others are saying. Ranged stacks on one side of the room. pillar spawns, they move to the other side, AoE down parasites.

Do guilds who have range spread out during do fight, do it to reduce the spit fire damage, or just to make easier to see where the pillar is going to hit?

Quote Originally Posted by cysf66 View Post
    Do guilds who have range spread out during do fight, do it to reduce the spit fire damage, or just to make easier to see where the pillar is going to hit?
    To make it easier to see the Pillar of Flame, although that's not needed anymore, since all boss mods have a Pillar timer now. (They didn't for the first 2/3 weeks)

Ranged stack on the front left corner of the room in range of the boss while melee is on the far left of the ledge. If ranged is spread than Pillar of Flame will hit random people and you won't be able to predict where its going and you will have a hell of a time with parasites. Just have ranged stack and when pillar is cast (DO NOT MOVE TOO EARLY, or pillar can be casted in front of the majority of people who didn't move and unnecessary damage will be taken) then just move to a fair distance to the right and AOE. Rinse and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild actually just downed him on 25man for the first time tonight . We put down two of the new markers on each half of the room where the range would stack up. We had a several people calling out pillars and as soon as they were called, range would move to the second marked stack spot. Rinse and repeat with each pillar

Best way is to have them stack up... helps for aoe heals and to know where the pillar will spawn, then have them move to another set stack right after the pillar spawns.
    About half of the people in my guild though are apparently blind or slow and using that method caused half of the group to be shot up in the air every single time... so we called out about 5 seconds beforehand for people to spread out a bit, then move to the other spot after it spawned... worked a lot better and still got aoe healing.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    We tried a different strat today:

EVERYONE stacks in melee, and we have me, a Frost DK with Chillblains(was previously kiting adds on Conclave heroic) just dropping a DnD on the pillar spawn, move the the other side of the room, and spam Howling Blast on them while the ranged AoE them down.

Previously used the strat others are saying. Ranged stacks on one side of the room. pillar spawns, they move to the other side, AoE down parasites.
    So you're saying it defaults to the person at range if theres only 1 at range? It's not like vezax?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    So you're saying it defaults to the person at range if theres only 1 at range? It's not like vezax?
    This is how we have done it - Me the hunter at ranged everyone else clumped on melee, spawned on me every time through our attempts, maybe just lucky but it seems to only target ranged if there is atleast 1.