Finished building, one last question about the speaker

The one that I plug in so I hear whether my computer is posts, errors, etc. My case didn't come with one, apparently, nor did my mobo, as my computer isn't making a sound, first off, and there are no places to plug anything in. Is there something wrong here? The computer itself still boots up and I can access my bios still (no OS yet, getting that tomorrow) but I'm kind of confused about this.

on a side note, holy crap i finished assembling the computer, feeling proud of myself. I took my time with it and had only very minor problems. gonna have to go back in tomorrow and re-check some sata connections but overall, it's working and i am psyched!

Deleted
    The speaker 'beeper' is normally soldered onto your motherboard. Its not a component you bother with.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    The speaker 'beeper' is normally soldered onto your motherboard. Its not a component you bother with.
    Huh, I must have a pretty unusual motherboard, as mine dosn't come with one and I have to use one build into my case to hear any POST beeps.

Some motehrboards have them, some don't, some cases have them, some don't.

However if you get to BIOS without any issues, you're normally OK to start installing the OS, assuming all the HDDs/SSDs are regognised, as is your removable media device (CD/DVD/BluRay drive).

The last several computers I've built for family and friends had the post speaker come packaged with the case itself. You then attached it to the motherboard at the right place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    When I'm building stuff the speaker is either built into the case, or a separate little thingy that snaps in, and then runs to a confusing set of junctions on the motherboard which feel like disarming a bomb when you hook everything up (speaker + front panel LEDs, etc.).

So, if you really don't have a little POST speaker thingy, you can buy them separately. Your mobo should have a connection labeled SPEAKER or somesuch in the diagrams inside the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaarh View Post
    The one that I plug in so I hear whether my computer is posts, errors, etc. My case didn't come with one, apparently, nor did my mobo, as my computer isn't making a sound, first off, and there are no places to plug anything in. Is there something wrong here? The computer itself still boots up and I can access my bios still (no OS yet, getting that tomorrow) but I'm kind of confused about this.

on a side note, holy crap i finished assembling the computer, feeling proud of myself. I took my time with it and had only very minor problems. gonna have to go back in tomorrow and re-check some sata connections but overall, it's working and i am psyched!
    Is your sig accurate to your current setup?

Thank you Lokann so much for the Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by TrixyChibi View Post
    Is your sig accurate to your current setup?
    Yes it is. Just finished it tonight.

The only thing that I could connect to my mobo for the speaker would be in the bunch of cables coming from the front of the panel, but there isn't a 4 pin one like I should have to connect it. I've got my LED +/-, Power +/-, reset +/-, etc but no speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaarh View Post
    The only thing that I could connect to my mobo for the speaker would be in the bunch of cables coming from the front of the panel, but there isn't a 4 pin one like I should have to connect it. I've got my LED +/-, Power +/-, reset +/-, etc but no speaker.
    Affraid it looks like your case dosn't come with one then. You could always invest a few extra dollars into a seperate speaker like Lovestar suggested however.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeeigel View Post
    Affraid it looks like your case dosn't come with one then. You could always invest a few extra dollars into a seperate speaker like Lovestar suggested however.
    Ah, alright. I'll check out one on Newegg then if I can figure out what to even search for haha. I just thought it was kind of weird.