Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Resto druids never using Nourish?

So lately ive been seeing more and more resto druids not using nourish once in heroics.
    And 1 druid not use nourish in a raid. I'm starting to wonder if ive missed something or
    what. I cant think of a reason not to use nourish in a heroic.

I tried searching for some info but cant find squat. So any information would be awesome.

Thanks for any help

I rarely ever, EVER use Nourish. It's worthless.
    If I'm going to spend that amount of mana on a heal I may as well use Healing Touch and over-heal.
    Nourish is not worth it to me.

85 - 85 - 83 - 42 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    So lately ive been seeing more and more resto druids not using nourish once in heroics.
    And 1 druid not use nourish in a raid. I'm starting to wonder if ive missed something or
    what. I cant think of a reason not to use nourish in a heroic.

I tried searching for some info but cant find squat. So any information would be awesome.

Thanks for any help
    Not sure what to say other than those druids need to learn to use Nourish or they are gonna find themselves making a headache for themselves. Nourish is cheap and fairly effective. There is no reason NOT to use it.

I know this isn't particularly helpful, but there are a few posts in the druid forum block that go into greater detail.

Nourish is lower mana cost and has a higher effect if there's already HOT's on the target. I feel that using nourish should be our main type of heal when we are waiting for those Omen of clarity procs. It refresh's the timer on lifebloom also. That's why I use it. I find myself just putting 3 lifebloom onto the tank and then nourishing until i get a clarity proc. Then i use regrowth on a dps or the tank. Whoever needs the heal the most.

Just my two cents.

If I'm going to spend that amount of mana on a heal I may as well use Healing Touch and over-heal.
    Nourish is 1700ish mana compared to healing touches 5000ish with 3/3 moonglow so im not sure why you would use Healing touch over nourish for mana reasons.
    Maybe your thinking of regrowth.

Thats strange; what else would you use right? The only reason I wouldnt use Nourish is in Tree of Life or when I get chain OoC procs. It would kill your mana otherwise youd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathblack View Post
    Nourish is lower mana cost and has a higher effect if there's already HOT's on the target. I feel that using nourish should be our main type of heal when we are waiting for those Omen of clarity procs. It refresh's the timer on lifebloom also. That's why I use it. I find myself just putting 3 lifebloom onto the tank and then nourishing until i get a clarity proc. Then i use regrowth on a dps or the tank. Whoever needs the heal the most.

Just my two cents.
    This is pretty much how i heal in heroics aswell, in pvp i rarely use it though

Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    Not sure what to say other than those druids need to learn to use Nourish or they are gonna find themselves making a headache for themselves. Nourish is cheap and fairly effective. There is no reason NOT to use it.

I know this isn't particularly helpful, but there are a few posts in the druid forum block that go into greater detail.
    Yeah i see all the reasons why to use it. Just could for the life of me figure out why. 1 druid said "Because it takes too long and refreshes lifebloom" My first thought was that he needs to learn to heal. But after seeing a few i'm doubting my first conclusion.

Just my two cents.
    That's how ive been healing to.

Yeah, I've been seeing it a lot as well. I have a resto druid, so I find it strange when I'm tanking on my main and have to constantly wait for the druid to drink because they don't use nourish.

A druid healer last night actually told me they don't use it because it costs too much mana...

I really don't understand people.
    Last edited by Amghealme; 2011-01-06 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it depends on how much damage the tank is taking, since my heal gear isnt the best (Tank main-spec), if the tank is taking minimal damage, i put up my lifebloom x3 on him/her, then spam nourish and keep my WG on cooldown (little bit of aoe healing to smooth out group damage), if the tank is taking damage faster then my nourish+lifebloom + WG can heal, then i use healing touch (healing touch also refeshes your lifebloom duration)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimoo View Post
    I hope this is a sad troll attempt. If not, you should change to a Death Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    With better gear you wont need it much, which is probably what you're seeing. As long as no one dies, they're doing fine as far as heroics go. If people died because his hots didn't do enough or he was oom, that's where the trouble is.

Nourish is not a bad spell. It does exactly what it's ment to do. It a very cheap heal and heals for middle range. If you use it right(have a hot on them which procs it's extra healing+mastery) it actually doesn't heal too bad. It's a filler spell. There is no fsr anymore, so instead of standing around it's ment to be used to keep tanks and even the group closer to 100% when drastic healing isn't needed.

Just my two cents.
    That's basically how I heal too. I save regrowth and HT for clear casting procs, and I honestly rarely rejuv.

In 25man raids I generally heal the same on a MT, but with rejuv up more often. I'll also rejuv the raid slightly more if needed, but depending on how much gear you have picked up so far, it's still very mana intensive. And obviously per boss situation it can change a lot from a 5man setting.
    Last edited by Tygera; 2011-01-06 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    With better gear you wont need it much, which is probably what you're seeing. As long as no one dies, they're doing fine as far as heroics go. If people died because his hots didn't do enough or he was oom, that's where the trouble is.

Nourish is not a bad spell. It does exactly what it's ment to do. It a very cheap heal and heals for middle range. If you use it right(have a hot on them which procs it's extra healing+mastery) it actually doesn't heal too bad. It's a filler spell. There is no fsr anymore, so instead of standing around it's ment to be used to keep tanks and even the group closer to 100% when drastic healing isn't needed.
    Yeah when i comes down to it if the group downs bosses all is well. Just started to think maybe im missing something. And yeah that's how I heal atm Norush to top people off if the damage going out isnt high.

Nourish is my number two heal spell, second only to Lifebloom. Why anyone WOULDN'T use it is beyond me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nourish can be basically free if you get your mana regen up to a decent level. It only casts 1000 something mana and if you are regen-ing (in my case) 1997 in combat then in 5 seconds you have just recouped the cost of that spell and then some. Seeing as how my nourish spell takes (rounding) 2.5 seconds to cast, it's sort of like a buy one get one free due to mana regen being at the level it's at bc by the time you cast the second one, the first one has been recouped. I use nourish to keep people past the 50% mark.

I am a tank but my healer buddy is a resto druid. I think what you are seeing is people not having mana issues anymore so they are able to use HT over Nourish...

My healer almost never runs out of mana in heroics unless we are skipping all CC or pull more than 1 group.

We are both pretty geared so he can afford to use HT, and overheal, instead of using Nourish...

I am not sure if he uses it in raids, as I havent really payed attention, but he conserves his mana and is almost always number 1 on healing.

But I could be wrong... I dont actually go resto ever :P

Personally its Healing Touch I hardly ever use.. Same goes with Greater Heal on my Priest.
    If I have the time, I find it way more cost effective to use Nourish (or Heal on my Priest) coupled with whatever side effect i may have rolling (Lifebloom/PW: Shield).. If I dont have the time.. Well then I usually dont have the time for the bigger heal either and usually have to use the faster heals.

Note that I DO use all of my heals ofc... I'd be silly and/or lazy not to.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Like most of you guys, except Mimoo, I use nourish guite much. Having lifebloom (3x) and rejuvenation on your main target, nourish is kinda all you need for keeping it up. Even druing hard fights. Combine that with effloressence/swiftmed etc, and you can take a cup of coffee aswell I feel healing touch is more like a emergency healing (during really hard fights). But then again, then you`ll probably use treeform.

All in all, using healing touch instead of nourish at all times will most likely result in a waste of mana. For some reason that is often the case when I see other druids heal either normal, HC`s or in raids. I have a feeling those druids thinks like Mimoo, who NEVER uses nourish, but healing touch instead, hehe. Way to go :P Personally I can say, there is no excuse for a resto druid (what so ever reason) to go OOM.

Have a good 2011, peace

Quote Originally Posted by Tellus View Post
    Like most of you guys, except Mimoo, I use nourish guite much. Having lifebloom (3x) and rejuvenation on your main target, nourish is kinda all you need for keeping it up. Even druing hard fights. Combine that with effloressence/swiftmed etc, and you can take a cup of coffee aswell I feel healing touch is more like a emergency healing (during really hard fights). But then again, then you`ll probably use treeform.

All in all, using healing touch instead of nourish at all times will most likely result in a waste of mana. For some reason that is often the case when I see other druids heal either normal, HC`s or in raids. I have a feeling those druids thinks like Mimoo, who NEVER uses nourish, but healing touch instead, hehe. Way to go :P Personally I can say, there is no excuse for a resto druid (what so ever reason) to go OOM.

Have a good 2011, peace
    The only thing i disagree on is going oom. The only way it happens for me in heroics is if people dont avoid avoidable damage. When that happens its rough.
    Last edited by Monkeyofcode; 2011-01-06 at 09:40 AM.