my friends are quitting wow. what do i do?

Okay so I started playing wow long before my friends and now they all want to quit.
    I started playing right before patch 2.4 – the sunwell patch. I remember people first got the Amani Warbears on my server (and I congratulated each person as they got them). I was in a guild that had 3 kara groups farming the instance like it was a joke, and we even made some solid attempts at Gruul (before the lolnerf of course). I had 4/5 vengeful gear, and after the big nerf, I even got all the way to archimonde in hyjal (my guild was hardcore).

So I think it’s safe to say that I’m one of the more experienced wow players out there. When I tell my friends about the good ol’ days they can’t believe some of the stories I tell. When I talk about heroic arcatraz and shattered halls, they look up to me like a god (ok exaggerating a bit). All my friends treat me as the wow authority, and I always lead the heroic groups.

But now all of a sudden nobody likes wow. They all say that “it’s gay” or “it’s boring.” Is this just because they’re all Wrath babies and don’t know what hardcore wow is all about? Is this because they were all able to get kingslayer titles but don’t understand what real raiding is all about? How do I convince my friends to keep playing? I can’t stand the thought of quitting cuz I’ve been so hardcore for so long. Any advice?

Deleted
    I saw this exact topic with the exact wording before... Ignore this guys.

What I see is that you have no idea why they are quitting and yet asking us for advice to remedy something you have told us nothing about.
    Talk to them, ask them why.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll prolly be back within a couple weeks/months. If they're really into the game, they'll come back if they can. I've tried multiple times to quit, but there's just not enough to do without WoW : \

I know how you feel though. I hit 70 about the time you started up. Most of my friends started in Wrath, and they've all been harshing Cataclysm difficulty. I told them 'guys, this is what it was like when I started, just not quite as difficult', so they understand a little better.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I think you'll be able to get them to stay; make them realize how awesome it is to kill a boss after a multitude of wipes and actually WORK for their gear instead of lol through heroics all day. When you're geared and you have the numbers and skill to back it up, there's no feeling better than that (in WoW anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

Deleted
    If you have to ask other people this question you really should quit.

If you push your friends to play more, they'll just want to quit that much more.

Btw this post is obviously flamebait. Intentional or not, it still it. Talk to your friends.
    bragging about sex is just like bragging about world first kills, people won't believe you until you release a video
    - Bibi

good lies are like good pants, you know they'll support you when you're busy spreading shit
    - Bibi

Deleted
    Either can you follow your friends, or - maybe stand on your own two feets and keep playing?
    Why convince them to play, if the clearly don't want to play this "gay" (I don't know how WoW can be "gay", but your friends may be in puberty, the age where everything is "gay"), "boring" game anymore?

Deleted
    do what you want to do, thats what they all do

Hmmm. Don't make duplicate threads. Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions