Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    heroics were hard in the first place? :O news to me.

nerf heroics i dont care, if my dayly is nice and fast i am happy
    as long as they stay of raid content its fine

(and tbh yes nerf it cause joining lfg atm is like stabbing yourself in the eye, competent tanks please !!!!)

heroics were piss easy anyway

I finally got DM after completing all the other instances >5 times each yesterday, and i felt like it was way too easy already

Could have something to do with the fact that we had a very good group with me and the lock pulling >13 k dps on all bosses, 18 k on the first lol.

We one shot everything with me and healer doing it for the first time.

I gotta say though that i feel like the nightmare part was just a wasted time sink in there. The instance is clearly longer than some of the others, but i would say maybe the easiest

Actually .... those ppl that play only 1-2h a day can do NORMAL rather than Daily Heroic .... as they DON"T NEED TO do the random heroic

Are you really surprised?

You play a game where you know what audience is getting the benefit of the doubt and catered too. Why should it be of any surprise? When the first set of valor gear goes to justice points next content patch heroics = wrath mode again.

People just need to accept the fact they're going to continue to nerf these dungeons over time. 5mans are supposed to be entry level, I think Blizzard did a way better job this time around preparing people for mechanic's they will see in raids than they did in WoTLK heroics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever done DM heroic?

It takes forever just to clear all the trash in there. I support that change.

They should have left the mario room alone tho, was funny having ppl die.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    I knew ripsnarl would end up being nerfed... since he's one of the most challenging heroic bosses.
    I wish they hadn't nerfed the sparks of doom though... it was so funny seeing people die 5-6 times before finally making it through
    Ripsnarl hard? I dunno, might be that Ive somehow ended up with good enough pugs for it but I never saw that one as especially hard. And Ive always healed that one. As for the sparks I agree on the fun part haha. I always die there, sucks that not even bubble works against it
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by Neinen View Post
    Incredible how pretty much everyone in this thread are complete pros, who never has any issue with dungeons... Maybe not all people has the time and gear you have (and respect for you having that!). Those people who maybe only play the game 1-2 hours every day, also needs to complete their daily heroic, so this isn't really that bad to be honest.
    Not everyone are pros, but if your in a guild run that can survive a couple of wipes and learn from mistakes no Heroic instance is impossible.

Downtuning all heroics so that a PUG can complete it in 1-2 hours is the death of the game (or back to wrath) either way they just can't do it. Don't get me wrong I've been in pugs that have blasted heroics with no probs
    - but some pugs if you blended the boss into a 1HP nourishing soup which tasted of chocolate it would be hard to convince these people to pick up a bloody straw.

Nerf them to the ground and beyond ! I don't care ! I want to do 1hc in 30 mins not wipe 2hours on 1st boss in Stonecore.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    I knew ripsnarl would end up being nerfed... since he's one of the most challenging heroic bosses.
    This fight was challenging? Once I got my group to simply stack on his back the fight became trivial as no one had to even move to hit vapors.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Have you ever done DM heroic?

It takes forever just to clear all the trash in there. I support that change.

It's fun the first few times... at this point, I'm at 349, I don't care about how fun it is for a person in 291 gear, I want the heroic done and the points in my pocket so I can move onto the things I care about.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Less trash mobs will not make it easier, just less time consuming. Don't think this will be a significant change, but I do hope they keep some fun trash packs in.

Vapors and 8 seconds? Well, those were just a "gear check" in a way, so 2 more seconds are not going to make the fight any easier for people doing it for the first time.

As for the sparks of doom, tbh don't see why they would change it, you could spawn back and run in anyway if you died and it was easy to get around after you do it a few times and remember all the safe spots.

All in all - not much reason for QQ, but I do understand the fear of HC's getting nerfed to the point that they become the same as Wrath ones were, and I share the opinion that HC's should have harder mechanics that should prepare people for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Nerf them to the ground and beyond ! I don't care ! I want to do 1hc in 30 mins not wipe 2hours on 1st boss in Stonecore.
    Get some mates and get on Vent - you'll enjoy it more even if you are wiping, don't ask to be spoon fed heroic instance gear from a poor pug.

Agreed. Hard heroic should be hard while the bulk of the playerbase is using them (IE, the last month). Now that we're transitioning into the "Heroics for alts/newbies" phase, I'm very happy to see them slightly lessened. I'm pleased they're still plenty challenging, still teach the important rules of the game (stay out of fire, avoid frontal cone, ect), but they don't need to be murder.

Deleted
    People complaining about the removal of some of the trash really need to walk a mile in a moonkin's boots. When starfall is the percentage of your damage that it is, trying to get through the instance while keeping competative dps without being mobbed by angry peasants is like trying to drive a mercedes made of money and clean drinking water through somalia. The density of the trash means you have to either be non-stop focused on being out of range of random monkeys through walls that don't obey line of sight as one would assume walls would or be deadweight.

When I've long since outgeared heroics and am forced to run the daily anyway on the offchance I get benched for a raid and fall short of the valour cap for the week because of the ridiculous system of a ~weekly~ valour cap made up partly from ~daily~ heroics (which were in themselves a ridiclous idea in wrath and a ridiculous idea now) the least they can do is keep the density of trash to a level where I can chill the fuck out, drink my tea, eat my crumpets, chat on vent to my group and thus perhaps armwrestle a few ounces of enjoyment from doing outdated faceroll content without having to spend the entire hour pretending I'm a fucking submarine sonar looking for things within 40 yards so I can not kill myself on them. Just thinking out loud, you know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neinen View Post
    Incredible how pretty much everyone in this thread are complete pros, who never has any issue with dungeons... Maybe not all people has the time and gear you have (and respect for you having that!). Those people who maybe only play the game 1-2 hours every day, also needs to complete their daily heroic, so this isn't really that bad to be honest.
    Like hell they do.
    You don't NEED to do shit in this game. If you don't have enough brain cells to complete the heroics now, you're entitled to nothing.
    I concede on the trash reduction. They did it in the wrong places imo, but that's just overall length, nothing about difficulty (except the double mages pull). I do NOT agree on nerfing bosses or the SuperMario room. That's not time-consuming, it's retards-killing, which is completely different.

Sorry dude, but you pay to PLAY, not to win. Blizzard at last realized how corrupt the WotLK mentality was, when people thought they "deserved" success, and made things harder. This is how games are. All of them.
    And before you start with "lololol no-lifer elitist QQ": I play on average one day out of three, for around 2h. My gear comes from quests and heroics. So I'm not really "mr heroic mode raiding". And yet, somehow, I managed to complete all the heroic dungeons, all with LFD, not a single one with more than one guild mate in group. Halfway to my drake, too, but got no hurry. It just takes a bit if a brain and to talk with your comrades, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Finally heroics are not that much needed for high end Equipment.
    You just farm them for 70 Valor Points to get closer to your Epics.

The Nerfs give you more time to successfully get through the instance in time.
    In different Situations this ist very comfortable. For some ppl the nerf gives an high time improvement gettin from 1h down to 45 minutes or less.

Deadmines and Halls or Origination are the instances with most time needed to success... i think ...

There is still one plea left...
    Please dont start to nerf the Raidbosses in Cataclysm... please... i like the difficulty...

Its better then in Lichking times where everyone was able to get full equiped in epic in about 1-2 month... as a casual raider...
    Nower days i think casuals have to wait about 2-3 month with progressing 2 days a week for 4 h.

Thats just speculation

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Every time I'm doing it it reminds me of all thoose old school platformers where you had to be 100% accurate to not die. Whole pre-Vanessa gauntlet is just amazing and nerfing it was unjustified.

Trash removal is ok tho.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    man im so glad i quit wow now, theyll nerf everything before long.... what was once a novel idea of making stuff hard and challenging means they will inevitably bow down to the masses and itll be wotlk all over again ;p
    cata is the lamest excuse of an expac ever !!
    and on that note, even after what 6 years? they still cant seem to find a balance on classes, theyre still either being buffed, nerfed, buffed no nerfed............... ffs make ya mind up lol
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!