Blizzard's "Hotfix" to Engineering bug

"All eight of the Engineering discoveries are now able to be learned through crafting the Overpowered Chicken Splitter at max-level Engineering."

If you are unaware of the bug, you could not learn tinkers at 525. Many only learned 7 random tinkers out of 8. For example, I could not learn the intellect on use tinker. Therefore, Blizzard's so called fix to this is to spend 5k-10k on mats because they screwed up. Endless tickets to GMs ftw. Anyone else have the same feelings about such a stupid fix?

It's incredibly likely that they couldn't fix the bug for the rest of the recipes without a client side fix, so this hotfix was the only option.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    what bug is this? im max engineer and first ive heard of it. i got all the tinkers by the time i hit 525.

Why there's is no glove enchant for melee?? Is it really hard to add 450agi and 450str for 12sec 1min cd?
    While caster already go 480 int, I'm wondering why there's no post about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Improvedlol View Post
    Why there's is no glove enchant for melee?? Is it really hard to add 450agi and 450str for 12sec 1min cd?
    While caster already go 480 int, I'm wondering why there's no post about it...
    if you are refering to the rocket gloves there is one that called shock something that does damage, if you are refering to the haste glove enc, i belive THAT was ment for casters, only that i was used by melee aswell. they'r "splitting" the haste enchant, -ish...

Quote Originally Posted by Razaac View Post
    what bug is this? im max engineer and first ive heard of it. i got all the tinkers by the time i hit 525.
    Several things are possible.

1. You're a gnome, the 10 engineering skill boost circumvented the bug.

2. You do in fact have only 7/8 total tinkers, but the one you're missing isn't important to your class so you didn't realize it.

It may also be possible that it was circumventing it if you made lots of extra items before you hit 525, but I don't think that's the case. The bug appeared to be that you didn't have a chance to learn a new tinker unless you got or had the potential to get a skill up from the craft, and no one learned more than 7/8 of the Cataclysm tinkers. Virtually every engineer I knew was at 7/8 of the cataclysm tinkers, gnomes excepted.

Maybe, just maybe, making tinkers discoveries instead of recipes was just a bad idea in the first place.

Deleted
    The hotfix now lets you learn the final tinker using any of the engineering items. For example I finally got my missing tinker from making Obsidium bolts this morning. However the quoted blizzard hotfix was probably a separate bug whereby the Chicken Splitter didn't trigger the chance to learn a tinker item. These are two separate bugs, both are now fixed, if you missing a tinker item, just make obsidium bolts.

the tinkers are pretty useless so i didnt notice. upgrade the haste tinker and i will care.

I lost interest in Eng when they added such a huge fail rate to the more uselful tinkers.
    Having a 30% chance to kill myself in raid with rocket boost, or to taunt a raid boss with a shield just isn't acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    if you are refering to the rocket gloves there is one that called shock something that does damage, if you are refering to the haste glove enc, i belive THAT was ment for casters, only that i was used by melee aswell. they'r "splitting" the haste enchant, -ish...
    What? Of all the classes that the haste cooldown was good for in Wrath, it was arguably best for rogues. Back when it actually replaced other glove enchants it was Best in Slot. Bottom line is as haste, it was to some extent good for all DPS. Intellect specifically leaves out 5 DPS classes completely, and a sixth if you separate feral and boomkin druids.

As for the tinker issue, I'm pretty sure I have them all, but I specifically made a bunch of green items to proc them early so I didn't skill up as fast as some people.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    I lost interest in Eng when they added such a huge fail rate to the more uselful tinkers.
    Having a 30% chance to kill myself in raid with rocket boost, or to taunt a raid boss with a shield just isn't acceptable.
    Have you actually experienced the taunt or the reverse shield in live? I've been using the shield a lot and have yet to see it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreveler View Post
    Several things are possible.

1. You're a gnome, the 10 engineering skill boost circumvented the bug.

2. You do in fact have only 7/8 total tinkers, but the one you're missing isn't important to your class so you didn't realize it.

It may also be possible that it was circumventing it if you made lots of extra items before you hit 525, but I don't think that's the case. The bug appeared to be that you didn't have a chance to learn a new tinker unless you got or had the potential to get a skill up from the craft, and no one learned more than 7/8 of the Cataclysm tinkers. Virtually every engineer I knew was at 7/8 of the cataclysm tinkers, gnomes excepted.
    im a orc and i have 8/8 tinkers from cata. just counted em. ur move.

Got the reverse shield tonight mid raid, killed me, was pretty funny when my raid leader asked what killed me, I said a bubble.

I learned Synapse Springs making Electrified Ether and I've been 525 since week 1, so don't waste mats on making the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultiima View Post
    "All eight of the Engineering discoveries are now able to be learned through crafting the Overpowered Chicken Splitter at max-level Engineering."

If you are unaware of the bug, you could not learn tinkers at 525. Many only learned 7 random tinkers out of 8. For example, I could not learn the intellect on use tinker. Therefore, Blizzard's so called fix to this is to spend 5k-10k on mats because they screwed up. Endless tickets to GMs ftw. Anyone else have the same feelings about such a stupid fix?
    I think I preferred the stacks of unsellable Gnomish Army Knives to this.