My computer is locking up, please help

I posted this last night on the wow Tech Support forums and got no help. Im hoping someone here can help.

About an hour ago, my computer started locking up while playing WoW. I run a Nvidia GTX460 and I cant think of my processor off hand, but its a few months old, quad core. Anyone have any suggestions for what may be causing this? This is prolly not related, but ever since my comp has been locking up, my sound, especially in ventrilo, has been very choppy.

Something I have noticed is my 4th core is running really hard. While running WoW my first 3 cores are runnning around 30% on average yet my 4th core is runnning around 80-85%. Even when WoW is not running, my 4th core is running abnormally high, around 65% while my other 3 are running around 5-6%.I apologize, I consider myself to be computer illiterate, therefore some of my terms may not make sense.

***Edit My computer just locked up with only internet explorer and ventrilo open. Something weird is going on.

Deleted
    Check your temperatures and post these please

My current CPU temp is (without WoW running) 41* C and my MB (?) is 37*C. Those are the only two temps showing on my monitor atm.

Also, if anyone else has questions, I have to be off to work in 20 so I wont be around for the next 8 hours to answer them. I do appreciate any help though. Thanks :-)

***Edit My computer is locking up consistantly, every 2mins or so for about 20-30 seconds. Without me even doing anything, again my 4th core is pegged whereas my other 3 cores are doing nothing.
    Last edited by Jeanclaude; 2011-01-06 at 02:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanclaude View Post
    ***Edit My computer is locking up consistantly, every 2mins or so for about 20-30 seconds. Without me even doing anything, again my 4th core is pegged whereas my other 3 cores are doing nothing.
    Check your Process list and see what is using CPU while the system is idle. Also, run a virus scan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanclaude View Post
    My current CPU temp is (without WoW running) 41* C and my MB (?) is 37*C. Those are the only two temps showing on my monitor atm.

Also, if anyone else has questions, I have to be off to work in 20 so I wont be around for the next 8 hours to answer them. I do appreciate any help though. Thanks :-)

Can you open the task manager to see what process is using the CPU?

The problem is so bad now I can't even turn on my computer but last night ichecked the task manager and nothing was out of the oridnaru.

Deleted
    Can't boot at all or? Can you not install and save Combofix on a USB drive, then boot the PC in Safe mode with networking (spam F8 when booting), use the USB stick to transfer Combofix to the Desktop (important) --> Run Combofix/Follow instructions?

If you can, do so, post results here and link to it