10+ Year Old Account

One reason for the lack of tanks in LFD

The reason there is a lack of tanks, is because of how raids (past and present) work.

10 man X raid = 2 tanks
    25 man Y raid = 2 tanks

blizz should make 25's req 3 tanks, hell even on some bosses NOW only req 1 tank... val for one. al'akir, etc...
    would even go as far as saying req 2.5(offspec) tanks in 10 and 4 in 25 (say mobs X Y Z - 4th give a debuff that increases damage taken by one of the others - or multiple of the others to the tanks)

if more people did roll tanks, there would be no spots for them in raids, this forces a lot of people who might of decided towards tanking, to simply dps.

Just my two cents.

this raiding trend also promotes a lack of knowledgeable tanks, ones that know about CC, know how to get out of fire / manage threat / gear / etc...
    sure, more people may roll tanks, because of the lack, but most will not bother because of the difficulty in getting more than just "heroic gear".

^ the player base increases, more dps, more healers, yet not many new tanks actually get to shine, and more often than not, they fail miserably.

TLDR: more tanks are not needed in guilds, therefore experienced players are a lot less likely to roll a tank.

If you can think of other reasons for there to be a "lack of tanks" please post, i have 3 tanks myself, but only have one at 85.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I would go even more far and say that there should be 1 tank in every 5man group. Same with healers. That way the ratio would be same for 5mans, 10 mans and 25 mans.