Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Ironically 3/4 top specs have excellent threat dumps, and Unholy has 40% of it's threat tied to the Ghoul.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Ironically 3/4 top specs have excellent threat dumps, and Unholy has 40% of it's threat tied to the Ghoul.
    Was just trying to point out some reasons for the "worse than expected" performance of especially enhancement shaman and fury wars.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Was just trying to point out some reasons for the "worse than expected" performance of especially enhancement shaman and fury wars.
    Ehh, Fury got some nice buffs so I'm not sure it's worse than expected, but as far as I know Enhance has basically unlimited mana so it can use Wind Shear on cd (5% less threat, every 5-6 seconds).

But yeah those specs are pretty far ahead of the others and so they were nerfed. I do think they went overboard on Unholy, but who knows till the patch goes live.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Well two Rogue Specs and Hunter Specs are down at the bottom and they both have some sort of Threat machine thing.

Aside from that:
    Hunter - Survival 22190
    Hunter - Marksmanship 11189
    Hunter - Beast Mastery 11943

Yeah, great balancing Blizz. Don't Devs have their own Sims or something? 10K DPS difference is a hilariously huge fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Well two Rogue Specs and Hunter Specs are down at the bottom and they both have some sort of Threat machine thing.

Aside from that:
    Hunter - Survival 22190
    Hunter - Marksmanship 11189
    Hunter - Beast Mastery 11943

Yeah, great balancing Blizz. Don't Devs have their own Sims or something? 10K DPS difference is a hilariously huge fail.
    They don't have....they have proven that often enough.

the nerf to UH was to stop Unholy DW. blizz only wants frost to DW, also DW frost is the top DPS spec by blizz design. the only issue is most ppl cant get a firm hold on the priority based rotation. so if you want easy face roll rotation you go 2h UH as it is the old blood dps rotation. if you like a challenging prioroty rotation go frost. play what you like but until Tier 11.2 frost DW will pull ahead in dps.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 12:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    blizz is already working to fix this issue with unbalanced dps between the 3 hunter specs

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    the nerf to UH was to stop Unholy DW. blizz only wants frost to DW, also DW frost is the top DPS spec by blizz design. the only issue is most ppl cant get a firm hold on the priority based rotation. so if you want easy face roll rotation you go 2h UH as it is the old blood dps rotation. if you like a challenging prioroty rotation go frost. play what you like but until Tier 11.2 frost DW will pull ahead in dps.

The only nerf need to accomplish that was to make sudden doom a ppm.

blizz is already working to fix this issue with unbalanced dps between the 3 hunter specs
    They could have accomplished that since like the first days of beta by just making it a ppm. Frost is just as easy as any other spec don't kid yourself. And yeah so what they totally messed it up in the first place and basically through whole wotlk there were enough horrible imbalances that could have been easily prevented.

i dont get why they made that glyph, y would i use it only if I'm in UH or frost presence? was getting excited when i read the first couple of words during the sentence, but was disappointed when i finished it

Deleted
    Only issue with Frost is all the procs and RNG.

Rime + Killing Machine + Runic Empowerment. Bit too much IMO.

And they're also too lazy to use Player coded ones apparently, and we pay the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgail View Post
    i dont get why they made that glyph, y would i use it only if I'm in UH or frost presence? was getting excited when i read the first couple of words during the sentence, but was disappointed when i finished it
    Well, Death strike in it's current form is pretty worthless for Unholy and Frost survivability. Sacrificing damage output and burning two runes to only heal 7% of your total health. It's just not worth it.
    The glyph is to help alleviate those issues without making Blood tanking's self heals OP.

You're honestly really stupid if you think the people placing best in the world as Unholy can't play DW Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Well, Death strike in it's current form is pretty worthless for Unholy and Frost survivability. Sacrificing damage output and burning two runes to only heal 7% of your total health. It's just not worth it.
    The glyph is to help alleviate those issues without making Blood tanking's self heals OP.
    but would you really bother glyping it for dps? id understand if you were lvling

It's also possible it'll end up being worth glyphing as Blood and making a macro to switch to UH Presence, use DS, and then switch back to Blood Presence. Not saying it's likely, but it is possible depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    It's also possible it'll end up being worth glyphing as Blood and making a macro to switch to UH Presence, use DS, and then switch back to Blood Presence. Not saying it's likely, but it is possible depending on the fight.
    I could see this providing there is low damage coming out but heals are needed. An example could be during a phase transition where the damage is on the ranged or the healers are recovering.

I understand the Nerfs to UH and Survival. But I'm a bit confused since they did not really mention Assa rogues yet. The Nerfs are somehow deserved but since some of you stated astateofdps why do rogues get away again with their ridiculous DPS? I mean what is the point of nerfig classes if you intentionally leave the leading group of a fact based statistic out?

I don't get it...

Regarding the topic. The changes started out great, but become worse and worse...I really hope the recent Nerfs on the PTR are just the means to an end of balancing/adjusting mastery on Unholy DKs, I really do!
    I'm sure that there will be more changes dealing with mastery, since the latest changes push Frost dangerously close to UH (which isn t at all negative, it just shows how effective the nerf to UH would be). I'm still missing the Assa Nerf (or at least the mention of the present issue with assa rogues toping meters and statistics).

Kind regards
    Toby

Quote Originally Posted by gorgail View Post
    but would you really bother glyping it for dps? id understand if you were lvling
    I assumed this was a pvp change. But i dont arena so i have no idea if its useful in that context either.

Well even without glyph, it has it's uses. If you die as a DK on chimaeron, you should be ashamed :P

Glyphed, it'll be very useful. If you're near death, a 15-20k heal isn't bad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    DW frost is top DPS by Blizz design? What? All logs indicate the contrary, but I guess you may have some inside source that none of us are aware of. The fights that frost does really well on are likely due to HB splash damage.

Frost is not challenging to play at all. Anyone that can play another class well should be able to play frost well. So long as you do not click or use the keyboard to try to stay on target, anyone can do it. Now with spell alerts it is even easier. It does not take skill to proc killing machine. Although, making sure those KM procs are used on OB does take a little thought.

I only wish that they would change MotFW further and make 2H frost go back to frost presence. I want bigger hits, not more of them. Perhaps take some of that haste from UP and add it instead of a chance to proc RP.
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-01-15 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I could see this providing there is low damage coming out but heals are needed. An example could be during a phase transition where the damage is on the ranged or the healers are recovering.
    Gogo DS after Massacre!