Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This post http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1764415027#16 confirm that RB was not nerfed, the 80% value is at lvl 39, it is still 110% at lvl 85.

Also from GC: We think Fury dps is about right or perhaps slightly low on live, so we don’t intend to lower their damage overall. Please keep in mind that the final list of class changes will likely be far longer than this. ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5027?page=2#34 )
    Last edited by Warrax; 2011-01-06 at 09:57 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cleave nerf is really justified though (needs to nerfed harder though) , why is it you warriors getting that free damage still when others only can do single target.. 35k cleaves in heroics, just lol..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aonix View Post
    Cleave nerf is really justified though (needs to nerfed harder though) , why is it you warriors getting that free damage still when others only can do single target.. 35k cleaves in heroics, just lol..
    No, not harder. Remember that overall damage still needs to be balanced, individual abilities put aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aonix View Post
    Because we have 1 crappy AOE ability on a 10s cooldown? most aoe trash dies before 10 second and all we contribute is a twirl with a wet noodle.. (SMF anyways)

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wouldnt mind if they nerf cleave even more as long as they compensate by buffing single target dps so our overall dps is still competetive.

you dont get it do you they said that these changes were already there and only the tooltip are gonna be changed damn some ppl only want a reason to qq

Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    you dont get it do you they said that these changes were already there and only the tooltip are gonna be changed damn some ppl only want a reason to qq
    Raging blow is the only ability that this holds true for. The official patch notes for 4.0.6 say cleave and heroic strike have had their damage reduced by 20%. Please read before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    to OP its a tooltip fix......you are a n00b and gtfo newfag she is not our queen

10+ Year Old Account
    They're nerfing HS (which was not meant to be used as it is today, so this is understandable), exchanging the extra HS damage with extra RB damage with the War Academy talent, and then buffing Mastery, which will buff RB once again, and every other ability that's either an Enrage, or affected by Enrage.

Where's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistaz View Post
    They're nerfing HS (which was not meant to be used as it is today, so this is understandable), exchanging the extra HS damage with extra RB damage with the War Academy talent, and then buffing Mastery, which will buff RB once again, and every other ability that's either an Enrage, or affected by Enrage.

Where's the problem?
    Heroic strike has a 3 second cooldown

Raging Blow has a 6 second cooldown

If fury DPS is to NOT go down, then that amount of raging blow damage needs to equal 20% of what heroic strike was.
    Last edited by Laundry; 2011-01-07 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aervalis View Post
    The way I'm seeing warriors scale right now with gear, it might be an immediate nerf, but as you get heroic level gear and beyond, it looks like warriors will probably fall back in line with other good dps. Yes, it sucks in the meantime, but better now and adjust then get the next tier of raid/glad gear and then get nerfed.
    I concur sir! I did hastly make a QQ post a while back about fury dps. But over the last week i got 2 epice weapons and about 5 epic pieces of armor and 2 epic trinkets. My dps has scaled a redic amount. I was actually able to maintain 20k dps on atramedes where i died at 22% We all know warriors get there rocks of at 20%. If i coulda made it to 20% i woulda made WoL top 10. But that being said, I feel that wars scale so much more with gear over any other class. But one thing i have notice as of right now I'm 3/3 incite instead of 3/3 deep wounds. I wonder if anyone else will change this to 3/3 deep wounds for sure??? with the recent HS nerfs.

Deleted
    I quite don't get why you're surprised to see Heroic Strike nerfed, I mean War Academy changed as well.
    Honestly they even posted GC's intention to change it.
    Also as for Raging Blow, did you try to calculate it's damage after mastery buff? It's quite possible that they wanted it's damage in average gear to be the same as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Aervalis View Post
    The way I'm seeing warriors scale right now with gear, it might be an immediate nerf, but as you get heroic level gear and beyond, it looks like warriors will probably fall back in line with other good dps. Yes, it sucks in the meantime, but better now and adjust then get the next tier of raid/glad gear and then get nerfed.
    Honestly, this has been the trend for a LONG time. In BC people looked at fury warriors and LoLed then near the end *before a nerf* we were eating peoples faces. Just bare with for a bit even though it suxs. The dps will level off then we will prly pull ahead a lil near the end even though it may only be to get nerfed again cuz "hybrids shouldn't be better than pures"

Quote Originally Posted by Superslice View Post
    I concur sir! I did hastly make a QQ post a while back about fury dps. But over the last week i got 2 epice weapons and about 5 epic pieces of armor and 2 epic trinkets. My dps has scaled a redic amount. I was actually able to maintain 20k dps on atramedes where i died at 22% We all know warriors get there rocks of at 20%. If i coulda made it to 20% i woulda made WoL top 10. But that being said, I feel that wars scale so much more with gear over any other class. But one thing i have notice as of right now I'm 3/3 incite instead of 3/3 deep wounds. I wonder if anyone else will change this to 3/3 deep wounds for sure??? with the recent HS nerfs.
    Personally, i won't. Deep Wounds is based on weapon damage, not your crit damage. The crit from HS will provide a deep wound application, but it won't increase in damage.