When you talk about your class/spec or another class...

Strive for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped..._point_of_view

...a neutral point of view (NPOV) means representing fairly, proportionately, and as far as possible without bias, all significant views that have been published by reliable sources. All Wikipedia articles and other encyclopedic content must be written from a neutral point of view. NPOV is a fundamental principle of Wikipedia and of other Wikimedia projects. This policy is non-negotiable...
    Very few, if any, wow players aren't biased. I've gotten five ferals to endgame at various times and I want my spec to be a bit underpowered so when I do win I get to feel smug and superior.

When considering class/spec balancing:

* not everyone plays arena, but arena puts a microscope on any imbalances due to the rock, paper, scissors - mushroom thing (see video below)
    * part of a players' skill is organizing macros and setting up a UI and networking/teamworking/learning with other players, but the devs generally want the game to work "out of the box" as well, without going to arenajunkies and fiddling with 47 macros for 17 hours
    * some specs can get away with a much simpler UI/keybind setup than others to great effect, but won't hit their full potential in the hands of a real pvp master until many more abilities are taken into account
    * other specs need every single one of their massive number of abilities keybound and used often to just break even with whatever the current faceroll class/spec is
    * wow can't just be balanced for the top 1% most skilled pro pvp players, it also has to take into account the experience of the vast majority of mostly competent players who are just tooling around in a BG after getting home from work/school.
    * professions and racials sometimes throws stuff for a loop. A complicated class with a profession with many buttons to push can become very unwieldy.
    * all classes have some broken mechanics or issues or tooltip errors. What matters is how you do effectively against others in BGs, arena and world pvp.
    * Blizzard doesn't hate your class, but there's 30 specs each with X amount of abilities that get to X + 5 with each new expansion - the synergies and the bugs and the developer mistakes add up and make this a very complicated thing.

Deleted
    what can the mushroom beat?

Mushrooms use their spores to infect massive DoT damage on everyone.

i feel i'm pretty unbias since i'm more than truthful about how OP'd my class has been and is. at the same time there are some obvious OP'd classes right now which includes Mages, so its not so much people being so bias, more than those who play those OP'd classes being unbias and understanding why/where the masses are getting those impressions, and not keep trying to justify they aren't which accounts for most people who play the OP'd classes.

anyways its always been this way. even when RestoDruid was the most op'd thing in WoW history between s2-4, they kept telling everyone to l2play...up until Blizz finally admitted they over did the coefficient of lifebloom for pvE viability.

basically its pretty obvious right now what needs to be toned down, and its about Blizzard doing it than people making arguments to justify their OP'd. or Blizz acting like its only some players perception, and not the reaility thru their numbers or something dumb like that they might say.

Back on the actual topic, I'm almost always unbiased. I feel a I have a pretty good grasp on what the developers typically have in mind for what makes the game better for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    what can the mushroom beat?
    See the second video mushrooms get everyone stoned "Soul stone"