Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatJack View Post
    During green phase the adds lose the stacking buff. The boss should be stacked with the adds. The boss also takes 100% increased damage and this will bring him down even faster.
    This is definitely true, but if for some reason the group AoE burst is low, there may be some adds left alive with low HP when the Debilitating Slime fades and they will reapply the buff stacks, which can be dangerous.

We're using 2 tanks, 2 healers and 6 DPS on Maloriak; I'm also using a Piercing Howl/Shockwave stun kiting strategy for the adds. The DPS unload their AoE right after the Debilitating Slime hits (there's a few seconds between the boss yelling about the green phase start and actually splashing the raid with the slime and we actually wasted one or two attempts with people starting to DPS the adds too early, e.g. wasting Howling Blasts before the slime hit) and that's enough to kill the adds.
    We also tend to have pretty messed-up raid compositions, for example the last time we did it with a fire mage, a balance druid, two frost DKs and two shadow priests

2 healers and you should be fine as long as everyone aoes immediately. Make sure your getting blood and thunder up during add phase and make sure the dk pests and then its just on your other aoe to be there on the adds and they should fall over. Coming from a warlock, having a demo warlock is just overkill if you can get the SP buff to come from somewhere else your better off with a lock that has better single target dmg.

My guild and I will go for this boss tonight. I was wondering if it's doable to single target down a couple of adds on the first 4 releases (before the first green phase) so that a single tank can handle them? Was thinking of running this with just 2 tanks and then have the OT mark and call out for kills.

Is this a strategy anybody have tried?

We had a similar issue the 1st time we tried it.

When we got the kill we had a DK Tanking / kiting the adds, with the dps helping out (frost Traps / Slow / Knockback) if it became too much for him.

As soon as the green phase hit we had the add tank come to the doorway and let our Demo Lock rip them to bits. With the added aoe from the rest of the group the adds are dying within 5 seconds. I think the Demo lock topped out at 55k during this short burst (Demo Form, Immo Aura, HellFire).

Hope this helps.

We do NOT interupt the first, interupt the second and third, and let the fourth out. thats 6 adds per phase, 12 total. Blood dk picks them up, damages them as much as he can, I toss a soul swap every now and then, and once the green phase comes, you just burn them down, they die almost instantly. repeat once more, hit p2, Kite maloriak and burn him. Also, during the green phase, stack the adds on the bossm Maloriak removes the debuff they do during that phase, and he will obviously also take the AoE damage.

Crutches: What do you do when he releases all the remaining adds. Do you nuke them or just offtank them?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock should be demonology to massive aoe damage

You shouldn't have to 2 heal this fight, the dps requirement on normal is not very intense at all. The only thing that took us a while was our MT's latency issues ruining our interrupts. But the dps requirement is pretty low (especially with a warlock in the group - our warlock spikes 60-80k dps on adds in mediocre gear). Sounds like you need to tell your deeps to l2p.

Deleted
    Make sure all your dps start to aoe before the debuff is applied to the adds, most aoe scales dynamically with damage increases now so the damage they see should change from ~700 per tick to ~6k per tick, this ensures you get as much aoe as possible when the adds have the debuff. (I play a destro warlock and the only spell I found that doesn't scale dynamically is the shadowflame dot).

If you haven't been doing this already and decide to, make sure your warlock doesn't accidentally use Infernal before the debuff is applied :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Downed this guy last night.
    We were also having trouble with adds until I swapped to demo.
    Meta+demon soul+ felstorm+ haste from isf + immo aura and hellfire = dead adds and me peaking 30k dps.
    We werent killing them fast enough when I was affliction but once I swapped it was the deal breaker for the fight.

Also if people wanted you can have them swap to the adds early to dot em up, once the debuff is applied the dots will do full damage, and they will be already to go within that few seconds from when the phase begins to when he actually gets knocked back into the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    let your warrior tank/kite the adds. executed properly he will hit ~90k dps during the green phase. bleeds on every add, 3 stacks for 30% stronger shockwave, shockwave off of the cd, full vengeance through occasional hits during the kiting and vigilance on the other tank. then just spam thunderclap, cleave etc.

Biggest thing i can see straight of the bat is amounts of interrupts. Tank could interrupt one of the casts but not the other.

We used me as a fury warrior to regulate the casts for adds and all the others were free to interupt the storm. We had our blood dk pick up the adds and on 9 adds just before green phase he used defensive cooldowns.
    9 the 9 again makes the last phase alot easier.

pallah tank [adds]
    dk tank [boss]

feral dps [adds - will explain]
    mage
    hunter
    elemental shammy
    balance druid

holy priest
    holy pallah
    resto shammy

That is our setup;

We let out about 12-15 abbreviations - palla on right side, feral in bear form on left to pick up the adds;
    Tanked them and held them till green phase and moved to the middle in time for debuff and nuked them down;

Once dead - feral dps went on the add and left the palla to pick up the rest of the adds;

Move to the middle for green phase again and nuke down;

Then pick up the last 2 and nuke the boss;

Provided your dps is good attempt it that way if you can;
    All dps averaging out at about 15k give or take some;

Have killed him 3 times

Tanks
    Paladin on adds
    (druid 1st week paladin 2nd week 3rd DK) on boss

Healers
    holypriest
    shaman
    druid

DPS
    Hunter
    Mage
    Warlock
    Arms warrior
    Rogue 1st week (boomkin 2nd)

Heres the tip you dont have to kill every single add during add phase to kill him. We've killed him 3 times now and we use the 9x9 strat even when we dont kill every single 1 there low enough that I(hunter) can single target them down while the fight continues and doesnt matter at all since we usually have to stop dps around 30% for the 2nd green phase. I wouldnt reccommend 2 healing this fight for people who dont have it on farm because phase 3 will be a bitch for healers

2 tanks / 3 healers / 5dps( 3-4 ranged)

Interrupt the boss so you get 9 adds at the first green phase. Dont kite them. As pala tank or even any tank you can kill 1 add with ease and drop 1 rly low while the adds spwn (Vengeance is up rly rly quick). That removes -20% damage taken.

IF green phase hits go nuts on them. THe 1/2 melee focus on that 1 add so it dies. And let the tank do the interrupting. Especially as warrior you should do this with ease.

Tell your healers to blow cds on the first 9 adds and you tank on the 2nd adds (cds will be up again when he hits his 20% phase). And plz dont blow them on 6 adds . If healers have problems with that tell them L2P. Cds are only needed for 9 adds (asume 346 geared tank)

If you do that your ae dps should be able to nuke them. If not i guess your dps needs to push it harder
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

The answer is a fire mage