Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Roll a goblin. ;D
    Rocket jump is pretty great. Shaman don't have many, they have a movement boost but no real "get away" moves. So, in a pinch, I just rocket jump to a pillar and quickly round the corner! It's really helpful.

It was not intended as a getaway talent for the priest, it was intended for a priest to help someone else.
    Spriests pvped through the whole wrath without it, why should you get more getawaying now?

Deleted
    I've only read the OP and the last post, because I'm very lazy.

I am playing arena as a Shadow priest together with an Arcane mage at the moment. Since his spec requires some casting time, there's a big problem if our opponents go to smash him up first. I remember myself frequently pulling him away from Rogues, Paladins, Warriors, even Shamans to avoid him being killed. This is a thing that neither my Psychic Horror, nor my Psychic Scream can do as well as LoF.

And it's not always the case, but being about 20 to 40 meters away from a melee who just threw out all of his cooldowns is basically like a birthday cake to an Arcane Mage (at least to the one I play with). And while the are slowed and in most cases highly confused about what just happened, I was able to put some dots at them, fear them...

As said, it's not always like this and it sure depends on the other teams compilation and tactic, but I made some fine experiences with LoF in arena. And personally to me it'd be nothing like this, if LoF was to pull me to my mate, for when people are bashing me instead of an Arcane mage, it's a sure win in most cases. Why ruin that?

To avoid misunderstanding: My mate and I aren't really good PvP players, but we have a lot of fun nonetheless and our rating's not as bad as it could be. So if you're speaking of pro-gaming arena, you probably have a whole other world of experience (don't know any other word to put this more properly).
    Last edited by mmoc86d70915d9; 2011-01-09 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    No, its amazing. You not being able to identify uses for it is a different matter. And dispersion is fucking amazing can't bitch about that

i'm a holy priest and mind spike is worthless to me in 2v2, it must be changed
    /sarcasm

15+ Year Old Account
    How could mind spike possibly be worthless to you as a healer in 2v2? It should be your go-to spell to assist dps in a bunch of situations.

Why would you Mind Spike when you could Mana Burn?
    A few mana burns on the enemy healer can make or break a match.

Also, When you MC an enemy, you can cast LoF which is essentially the same as Death Grip.
    Just AoE fear from there. Even better if he trinkets your first MC, re apply and LoF for an uninterrupted 8 second flee

15+ Year Old Account
    Because first off, that assumes it's the healer your casting on, which defo won't be the case every time.
    Second, you're very unlikely to win a mana war against any other healing class, even if you do mana burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neltharia View Post
    Thoughts?
    I'll give you what I'm thinking, don't worry im not gonna troll you.

Alot of the 85 abilities they put in are worthless in 2v2 or in arena as a whole.
    Have you checked hunter's camouflage? We can't use it while in combat, which only gives us the upper hand in the start of a fight, that's it.
    Mages can't use time warp in arena, that's completely useless aswell.

Think about it for a second. You don't use chakra in shadow either do you?
    Leap of Faith was designed as a helping hand to pull allies to you do help them LoS or avoid damage. That doesn't mean it's worthless for a shadow priest. I know alot of our shadow priests in my guild are having fun with it in the Al'Akir encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Because first off, that assumes it's the healer your casting on, which defo won't be the case every time.
    Second, you're very unlikely to win a mana war against any other healing class, even if you do mana burn.
    I know it's not the best, but I think it's an OK strategy at least. To OOM their healer, it would take ~1/3 of my mana, that sounds like a good trade to me. Plus it gives me something to do when I have breathing room and don't need to heal. Just trying to apply some pressure, make him use expensive heals.

That isn't what I spam, I sound like a bad... I make sure that my partner is healed, then kite/LoS if I'm being targeted. Mana burn is low priority.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it works for you, so be it, but I think you have a much better chance of wining by spamming damage into a target than trying to drain the healer.

Double dps in 2s and complaining that you get burst down...... yeaaaaaa imagine that?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Deleted
    Ofc its good. And after Warrior chargé nerfs it Will get even better. For exampel: mage blinks away and gets charged or shadow stepped-> leap of faith.
    Leap of faith and dispel diesese are Two spells shadow priest really need to use at the right moment