How do I go from win7 32b -> 64b?

Okay, so my computer started with vista.
    I got a free upgrade to windows 7, 32-bit.
    I still have those upgrade disks.

How can I go to windows 7, 64-bit?
    Do I need to buy new upgrade disks or something? Or is there some other way you switch to 64-bit.

(I looked up to see if my computer could run 64-bit, and it says that it can do it, so I'd like it to)

You'll need to do a clean install, which would require wiping your hard drive, so I would do a backup first.

But can I do it with the old upgrade disks?
    I don't need special 64-bit disks or something?

I believe 7 sold with both 32 and 64 bit in the same package. It's been a while since I've done it, so I don't recall for certain.

Disk needs to be 64-bit.

Blech... I hate having to buy things ;/

Your upgrade key might work for 64bit version too, depending on what kind of disc it is. If you got a cd key you need to enter while installing the Win7 you can try to use it for 64bit version when you're doing upgrade install from 64bit Win7 DVD. You can get the DVD from your favourite torrent site too, no need to buy it as long as you use your own key for it.

It's possible you need to install the vista back and run upgrade from there, or it might work on clean HDD, not sure about that. Either way you will need to do totally clean install since 32bit version can not be upgraded to 64bit version.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by collinollin View Post
    Blech... I hate having to buy things ;/
    than why to switch 32 to 64 bit in first place?

you also not necessairly have to clean your HDD, instead you can by new (cheap) one, install Win7 on it and run things you want to run via Win7 from new HDD(WoW does work that way,but f.e. AutoCAD doesnt).I normally split my HDD in several partitions so that if one Win goes crazy i can simply install new(same) one on another partition keeping my old files and saving time to install stuff.

Currently i have 2xVista 32(but one and same DVD) and one Win7 64 on my pc.All stuff related to my study i do with Win7(still sometimes i run WoW with it),for gaming/i-net surfing purposes i use Vista nr.1 and for AutoCAD i use Vista nr.2.I already had a situation there i needed all three systems,i was writing protocol and i had to print some scientific graphs and there was a compability problem caused by Excel,so i couldnt print it with Win7,after that i tried it out on Vista nr.1 which didnt work too,on Vista nr.2 i changed format to pdf and it worked.The reason why i couldnt do it with Win7 and Vista Nr.1 was that my printer hanged himself every time up.
    Last edited by Kaynot; 2011-01-07 at 12:36 AM.
    a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor

Deleted
    So that your 4GB of RAM will put put in use. Rather than some of it literally not being used.