Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by im a deathnight :O View Post
    anything new on the unholy mastery? i had a quick look, and i could only find ret change and the combat change.. but the nerfs seem justified...

i wonder how this motw buff will go..
    Yeah, people are saying that they saw the new Unholy Mastery in patch notes, but I have yet to see anything.

I was tanking and also doing DPS as UH last night and was quite competitive in both roles. No problems, topped the charts a few times. I think the changes are fine.

Deleted
    New Unholy Mastery isn't in the 4.0.6 Patch Notes. Not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, the buff to Might of the Frozen Wastes and the buffing they are doing to Unholy 2H kind of pisses me off. Basically you can go Frost and do inferior DPS as either DW or 2H since the damage is going to be like 1-2.5% better for DW, or you can go 2H Unholy and do vastly better DPS. That's so dumb since Frost is supposed to be the dual wield spec, yet it's inferior to Unholy 2H by quite a margin when the changes have all been said and done.
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but this post is completely false.
    at the highest-end gear available (t11 heroic) DW Unholy is ahead by 1.5%, and 2H Unholy and DW Frost are tied, with 2H Frost being behind them about 10%
    (DW UH > DW Frost = 2H UH > 2H Frost)

Whether or not you can do better dps as Frost or Unholy simply comes down to the player. and now that Might of the Frozen Wastes is being buffed, 2H Frost should be much closer to DW Frost and 2H Unholy.

As far as DW Unholy is concerned, I expect they'll just add "Increases damage dealt when using 2-handed weapons by X%" into Unholy's masteries

i love my frost DK but i also tank in blood and hate it when there is a frost DK in the group. his howling blast and D&D tend to pull agro and greater chance to break cc. plus they dont have much in terms of cc. compared to pally tanks, DK tanks are pretty squishy - i wish they would address that more than anything else.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by surrounded View Post
    I am for one happy that they didn't nerf DKs. Some people are disappointed but I think everything was fair. For example, the Howling Blast nerf I think is completely fair. Lets face it that move was insanely overpowered for doing full damage on everyone, especially considering the fact that you could do it like 5 times in a row and proc on it every 10 seconds. So yes, I for one am happy with changes (manly because I PvP, hehe) What do you all think? Fair or not fair
    generally speaking the high damage was a slight compensation for the fact that diseases do 50% less damage to targets hit with diseases from pestilence.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santoslhalper View Post
    I was tanking and also doing DPS as UH last night and was quite competitive in both roles. No problems, topped the charts a few times. I think the changes are fine.
    ur in the ptr?

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 09:04 PM ----------

if any one knows something about the unholy mastery please say so.

and idd ur right, frownface2000, with MoTFW is getting a nice 2hand buff i think single target dps will increase aswell cus 2hand frost against single target is a no no at this point. still i am playing it cus of the pure win, it is without the damn pet and still playing frost