Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dont know if this will help, but i thought i might throw it in before going to bed. I was doing some archeology in Northrend, Storm peaks, Dun Nifflevar digsite ( i think it is Dun Nifflevar, where you get transformed into a female vrykyl.) Just found a fragment, looted it and the second i looted the fragment, (no keystone) I heard what i think was Yoggy (Only audio, Didn't hear what he said tho). Now im an Archeology noob, so i only have 4 rares (Raptor, raptor pet, Clockwork gnome and Priest and druid statue) So it is not because of Yoggys box of whispers. And i dont have the belt either. I was like Wth, and then i came here and saw this O.o This was like at 1:30
    Well, shit.

"They should just classify all ranged weapons as "ranged" and then the model would appear as a suitable model depending on the race, bows for nelfs, unicorns farting rainbows for belfs, guns for goblins and double-barreled automatic shotguns with fire for dwarves." - Shawati

I read someone claimed this was the cause of DBM.

I tried buying Highborne scrolls from AH, took them out of the mail but heard nothing. Went out, updated my DBM, went back in and now I hear whispers everytime I take one out of the mail or find one through archaeology.

From all the people saying they heard it, I really am starting to think that its an event for an upcoming patch and that its an old god. If it is, thats pretty awesome.

Edit: Also seeing people say that it happens whenever you loot a keystone in archaeology.

trying again, it happens with some of the last versions of dbm, specifically when you loot a key stone, even from mailbox

Quote Originally Posted by Credoo View Post
    Go play Amnesia:The Dark Descent at 2am in the morning and tell me what is creepy :P.
    On topic sounds interesting and good choice by devs its kinda working as a viral.
    do not

do not do it, dont

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    do not

do not do it, dont
    Why? That game is a masterpiece. At least if you like the genre.

I mailed over all my keystones single-stacked to listen to the whispers. There are your standard old school C'thun whispers, as well as some that are definitely new. The recording and sound is different for the new vs. old--airer, more reverb, less clear. Here are some I've heard:

"It was your fault."
    "They are coming for you."
    "You are a pawn of forces unseen."
    "Give in to your fear."
    "There is no escape. Not in this life. Not in the next."
    "You will be alone in the end."
    "Trust is your weakness."
    "Tell yourself again that these __?__ are truly your friends."
    "They have turned against you. Now, take your revenge."
    "Hope is an illusion."
    "All that you know will fade."
    "They are coming for you."

I don't have Archy, but I do have the latest DBM, if that is somehow pulling up sound files from a miscue. Pretty spooky either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Why? That game is a masterpiece. At least if you like the genre.
    well i did only 1 level and was crying like a girl, never was scared of a game so much and i did play alot of that genre

So, it's just DBM ?
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say its just me stalking you from the closet, but lying is bad so I'll tell you the truth. I'm under your bed.

On a serious note, I got most of the cool boos quotes macro'ed to my spells :P and bossquotes addon is awesome too. like when I use my FFB with brain freeze, "By fire be purged" audio file will be played through scripted event Guess I'll have to update DBM, and never update it again :P

dbm-core.lua line 1395 in 4941 build:

do
    local soundFiles = {
    [0] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper01.wav",
    [1] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper01.wav",
    [2] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper02.wav",
    [3] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper03.wav",
    [4] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper04.wav",
    [5] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper05.wav",
    [6] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper06.wav",
    [7] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper07.wav",
    [8] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_HowlingFjordWhisper08.wav",
    [9] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper01.wav",
    [10] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper02.wav",
    [11] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper03.wav",
    [12] = "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\AK_YoggSaron_Whisper04.wav",
    [13] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunDeathIsClose.wav",
    [14] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouAreAlready.wav",
    [15] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouWillBetray.wav",
    [16] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouWillDIe.wav",
    [17] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYourCourage.wav",
    [18] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYourFriends.wav",
    [19] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\YourHeartWill.wav",
    [20] = "Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\YouAreWeak.wav"
    }
    function DBM:CHAT_MSG_LOOT(msg)
    local player, itemID = msg:match(DBM_LOOT_MSG)
    if player and itemID and (tonumber(itemID) == 52843 or tonumber(itemID) == 63127 or tonumber(itemID) == 63128 or tonumber(itemID) == 64392 or tonumber(itemID) == 64394 or tonumber(itemID) == 64396 or tonumber(itemID) == 64395 or tonumber(itemID) == 64397) then
    if DBM.Options.ArchaeologyHumor then
    local x = random(0, #soundFiles-1)
    PlaySoundFile(soundFiles[x])
    end
    end end
    end

dbm is messing with you

Damn you DBM.
    And here i was thinking Blizzard made something cool this time :T
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    well i did only 1 level and was crying like a girl, never was scared of a game so much and i did play alot of that genre
    Yeah its pretty instense, i'd lie if i'd say it didn't scare me either.

The part with the monsters chasing you when you have to hide in closets and shits reminded me of ClockTower on the PSX for some reason, not that it was an extremely good game, that game just scared the shit out of me when i was a kid.

(If you don't know what is it, it was pretty much a basic version of Amnesia, you had to solve puzzle while being constantly chased by a madman with a enormous pair of scissor. Had to hide and stuff like in Amnesia, couldn't fight back in any way.)

Touche, DBM! Epic troll. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    But..but..there were a few people earlier in the thread that said they had no addons, not just no Arch-related addons!

/continues hope for C'thun resurrection related weirdness >.>

Hey guys, I'm hearing the whispers too.

First off, I dont have the puzzle box.

Secondly, I first heard the whisper off a NE node in desolace. I'm farming NE nodes, so I have only heard them off those digsites, but I've found it hasnt been zone specific. It also seems to MOSTLY happen when i find keystones, but it has also happened from a dig with only fragments.

Deleted
    It's when you pick up an archaeology keystone with a certain addon on, not sure which. I've been hearing these all the time when picking up keystones, and only when picking up keystones.

Deleted
    Well I only started hearing voices this evening, literally minutes after I downloaded the Archaeology Helper and Gathermate2 addons.

I'm inclined to go with Gathermate2 as the source though.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3d7ba465; 2011-01-12 at 01:42 AM.

If this is the beginning of the events leading up to 4.1... then this is awesome.

I get it sometimes when I survey, and sometimes when I loot fragments (no keystones)

I don't have any yogg item, they're as soundbytes anyways.