having troubles with dragon comp on halfus

So we get to Halfus and we have nether scion, slate and time warden and were not sure how to go about doing this and im looking for advise for my raid. anyone have a suggestion on a kill order? for handling the malevolent strikes we have been using the MT to shammy ping pong method with rockbiter. any info pertaining to this comp would be most helpful how which to release first and how many we should release at a time.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    we downed it with this comp on 2nd attempt ever on the boss. To start we broke nether and time, popped hero, burned nether, then time, then unleashed the slate killed it then just burned boss. we used 2 tanks and 3 heals.

My guild just did that this week, unleashed Scion and nuked it down, then we unleashed time and nuked it down. Finally we nuked Halfus down and left slate up(and chained) whole time. Just had to have tanks swap every time they reached like 12 stacks of debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10 or 25?

pop time warden and slate at the start. Tank switch on 7 or 8 debuffs. dodge fire etc.

DPS time warden then slate. Pop the nether scion after time warden is dead and the debuff has worn off. Kill slate then nether scion.

we are doing this on 10 man sorry i should of said that

How do you heal 80k damage spikes from dual drakes? O.o
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    So we get to Halfus and we have nether scion, slate and time warden and were not sure how to go about doing this and im looking for advise for my raid. anyone have a suggestion on a kill order? for handling the malevolent strikes we have been using the MT to shammy ping pong method with rockbiter. any info pertaining to this comp would be most helpful how which to release first and how many we should release at a time.
    What we did on that Combo is Release Nether Scion AND Time Warden at the same time. The Slate Dragon is not to be touched through the whole fight.
    - Releasing the Nether Scion will make halfus swing slower and put debuffs on tanks slower, thus allowing the tanks to rotate on high debuffs.
    - Releasing The Time Warden makes people able to dodge Fire balls, thus taking a lot of stress from the healers.

1 tank takes Halfus and a Dragon.
    Make sure that tanks swap when stacks begin to stack too high 6-8 stacks.

Nuke down Nether Scion using all CD's and Bloodlust/Heroism.
    Take down Time warden. ASAP.

Max Dps on Halfus.

Key to this setup is Tank swapping and Focusing Dps.
    Last edited by tussee; 2011-01-07 at 09:22 AM.
    Tarren Mill, EU
    Tussee Level 110
    Ygtitte Level 110, Daènerys Level 110, Hotlava Level 110,
    Palefoot Level 110, Elemulius Level 110, Tussedk Level 110,
    Thuesen Level 110, Briènne Level 110, Tussebank level 110
    Tipoldefar Level 110, Gnarfy Level 110

I think the dragon comps are the same for everyone every week.
    Here's how we did ours:

Comp:
    Blood DK
    Prot Pally
    Enh Shaman
    Kitty
    Destro Lock
    Ele Shaman
    Arcane Mage
    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid

Nether Scion - Gives the boss a Frenzy ability.
    *Activating this drake negates the Frenzy (or reduces it)
    Slate Dragon - Gives the boss Malevolent Strikes.
    *Activating this drake stuns the boss but allows him to /howl
    Time Warden - Allows the Proto to cast Fireballs.
    *Activating this drake allows you to see where fireballs will land to avoid damage.

We activated the Scion and the Time Warden at the start. If your raiders aren't derp, there's essentially NO raid damage going out with this drake comp, only tank damage. We decided to ignore the Slate in the beginning simply because there was no hurry to do so (as compared to the Scion / Time).

Our MT pulled the boss then immediately activated the Scion. Our OT activated the Time Warden. B/c of the MS, your tanks will need to swap the boss every 7'ish stacks. Remember, in the beginning your MT will reach these stacks super quick (because the scion takes a few seconds to do his thing) and your OT will have to be ready to taunt off him almost immediately. The DPS nuked down the Time Warden. When it was dead, we had a ranged DPS activate the Slate Dragon (taunted immediately by the OT) while the rest switched to the Scion. After the Scion was dead, we kill the Slate.
    Eyedeeya (Shaman) of Bleeding Hollow

what we have been doing is while the Mt and a shammy are playing ping pong with halfus is the OT release time warden we kill it then move to next drake but not sure which to pull next. other question is should be pull nether and time at same time and have OT tank both. our raid come is
    MT warrior, OT DK
    healer is paly and 2 resto druids
    dps is frost mage, survival hunter, ret paly, destro lock and enhance shammy

No reason to even use the shaman... you're just losing DPS.
    Eyedeeya (Shaman) of Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Aedi View Post
    No reason to even use the shaman... you're just losing DPS.
    Its actually useful for lowering the amount of damage the tanks take if you're having heal issues. Our raid had two hunters(10m) who would focus the time warden and distracting shot them off the tank. We did the time warden and scion only kill tactic with slate chained the entire time. Hero'd off the bat and smashed it then time warden. Inc damage on the halfus tank is severe until scion goes down, then the fight became a cake walk. We just did taunt rotations for the ms debuff, and healing was a breeze. We ran double resto shaman and holy paladin for healing. By the last 20%, all of us healers were dpsing and throwing out instant heals while the tanks(blood dk and war) swapped directly before the stuns. They self-healed enough that it was almost pitiful healing by that point.
    Thelamon Thelavon Thelason Thelazon
    I think you get the point of my names now.

my raid did one drake at a time, nether first, then time warden, then slate.
    It was insane to heal for the first drake, had to pop everything i had to keep people alive, but after the scion went down it was a joke

This setup isnt too bad.
    The first bit of healing is crazy but once the first drake is down it settles down alot.
    Pop Nether when you pull, have 1 tank on nether 1 on boss, pop all dps cooldowns and burn the nether asap. Tanks swap at around 6-8 ms stacks.
    As Nether gets low someone pop Time warden, have the tank that isnt on Halfus pick it up and burn it down. Tanks keep swapping when their debuff wears off. (Or use a pally to HoP etc and clear stacks) By this stage the healing is a lot easier.
    Once Time is down have off tank bring out slate and just hold it. For the dps increase. Keep tank swapping the debuffs.
    At 50% the tank that has the add will be the only one taking damage during roar, so have them pop some cooldowns then have the taunts swap after each roar. Repeat the swaps until dead.

Once you get past killing the first drake it'll all fall into place really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    My guild just did that this week, unleashed Scion and nuked it down, then we unleashed time and nuked it down. Finally we nuked Halfus down and left slate up(and chained) whole time. Just had to have tanks swap every time they reached like 12 stacks of debuff.
    we did this as well, only difference is i had a paly HoP me when i hit 15 stacks ( resets it to 0 ) and my OT and i switched tanking Scion and halfus. By the time Scion went down i was able to pull Halfus back and he tanked the Time right beside me, allowing us to just switch back and forth based on the MS debuffs, till Time was killed ( which is super fast ) the lust and blow up halfus after. Only thing to watch for are the fire's so avoid them.

=D

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just do my strat it was for 10 man.

We got this comp last night.
    We used 2 tanks, 6 healers and 17 DPS.
    The tanks have to switch a lot early on when they get no more then 40-45% healing debuff.

We released the Nether, Slate, Time in that order one by one. Once all three were dead we lusted and burned the boss as we get a dmg buff on the boss.

The boss enraged at 20% but that was because we had 5 melee die to meteors by being bad but with the stuns he died before we completely wiped.
    Last edited by Artoge; 2011-01-07 at 08:46 PM.