Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can understand your frustration brother. I see this all the time, and I am a so called zerg dps'er. But I allways attack the skull which is marked for us. But when the mob is at 20% hp or something I know he/she will go down quite quickly so I change my target to another one, at that time I know the tank has enough threat for me to zerg the rest as well.

When it comes to looting in instances, I am what you call a non looter. I bearly loot anything. But I allways loot when someone needs some mobs for their profession. The thing is about us non looters,(well as for me) the case here is that I don't need the stuff that drops from them, I got all the money I need on my main, so that's why I don't loot them. I do agree it's not alot of time to loose if you just loot some mobs. But this has just become a trend latley, zerg zerg zerg and finish. I understand what you're saying so well cause I am both of those two.

I'll see ya in another life aye?

Deleted
    My god, it's shocking how many people actually side with these lazy people! At least some have a clue, but other's I mean yikes! Fyrk and Talos wtf?!!?

To skin one or two dragons in a mob takes what, 5 seconds? That's going to hurt your precious zerging time is it? 5 seconds is too selfish to ask for? People have to level their professions and make items for their guild mates just like everyone else. If someone wants to mine in a dungeon, they can mine, I won't mind, it's their profession and I don't have to rush every dungeon just to make it in time for some lunch appointment with another zerging group!

And honestly yes I can say I happily wait for other skinners and miners. Hell I even share my leather with other skinners and happily get on with marking up the next trash mob while someone mines. Too hard for you to believe that someone is willing to help out other players, then go back to zerging!
    Food takes up barely anything, half the time you only need 1 piece of food per dungeon! Flasks and pots, our lot never bother with unless it's heroics and even then our guild alchemist just brings them along, but still loots. I carry almost everything you mention Tuentjugh and still have room for loot. Don't use that excuse. And if you have 10 free slots, why keep them open when you have everything you need, you worried your bags might encumber you? You can always chuck a grey loot out if you find something juicy that you want!

Takolin, you make a good point, if I put looting on free for all, or make it so basic loot is salvagable by everyone then those zergers don't lose out on items and crafters can get their stuff. Sounds fine to me.

Pronmeister - respect! Hope I see you in a dungeon sometime, you can have that juicy elementium vein over there, I'll wait for you!

I hate it when people who do a lot of AoE DPS use it to make dungeons go faster also. It kind of sucks because I want to waste my time CCing when it isn't needed.

Ok seriously, lets stop pretending heroics are anything more than AoE stuff down. If you do actually need to CC, join a guild.
    Last edited by Cope; 2011-01-07 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    to long post to even read completly. only reason i saw this because it has warlock in it. anyway your nagging about non-looters is total BS. its no obligation to loot mobs. its your choise. and specialy if some guy wants the leather. if you want that walk out of dungeon and go kill mobs and skin them. dps isn't coming there to farm leather but for the gear. hitting targets that are CC'ed is wrong i agree. and perhaps you haven't noticed warlocks barely use aoe cause its weak. only hellfire is worth it but to be honest its only fucking up your grp and increasing chance of wipe with a pulg. perhaps you need to wine less and play with your guild. if not cancel your account and get a live

Deleted
    It's their mob to loot, they can loot if it or not, it's up to them. They are not in your dungeon to please YOU.

I guess i will be changing loot style in my groups to free for all with rolls on uncommon and better items. Skinners will be able to loot themselves. Or is it not possible?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    LOOTING = MONEY = GREEN ITEMS FOR DISENCHANTING = BLUE ITEMS ON BOE FOR SELLING = SKINS AND CLOTH FOR CRAFTERS!
    Actually, greens and blues can be looted by anyone, so even if others skip the loot you can loot these things and the roll will still start. The only thing they're losing out on is a little money and some greys/whites.

That said, I always loot everything, I'm greedy

Deleted
    For one, 22-slot bags are insanely expensive on my server, so I'm running around with 20-slots from various instances. My bank is completely filled up with holiday event items, various tier-sets, random items that just look nice.
    My inventory is full of gems, potions, flasks, off-spec armor, bandages, Archaeology keystones, herbs, questitems and vanity items. So yeah, bagspace is very limited. No point in looting stuff just to toss it out again on the next mob.

Deleted
    Zaaird - that's fair play and at least you take the "oh my god so long it's so painful" 2 seconds to loot regardless. Hopefully I will seee you in a dungeon. Just make sure you keep attacking Skull! :P

Laina - that's what a bank is for to store profession stuff that won't fit in your bags. Same goes for arch stuff. If you have a profession specific bag and it's full, then I envy you for having all the time in the world to fill it up.

Fhaerris - seriously your dungeon attitude is just bad! Can't even take 2 seconds to loot and you think you have a right to demand zerging! You make it sound like everyone has 2.5 hours to waste grinding Tol Barad mobs just because you're such a lazy git who wants to zerg everything and not enjoy the game or help casual players. Some people don't even get 2.5 hours to play the game in an evening, but of course nah you're probably a teenager who doesn't have anything else to do when he gets home from school.......or is school just a place to dos around now, seems that way looking at the kids that spawn out of them!

Olafski - unfort even if the items are rolled for, if the basics aren't looted, you can't skin the mob. And apparently someone said in L4D that you can't change the loot rules. Blizzard needs to sort that ASAP.

Felfury - I can understand what you mean, some tanks are bad in that they throw an AOE no matter what. In which case they are just bad tanks and I sympathise with you. I try my best not to break CC whenever possible, it's there for a reason, to make the run smoother. Not every healer can manage a zerg run, so you use CC to help them out. Or do most people just kick any healer who is out of mana after a fight coz it's slowing their zerging run down!

Frankly the fact that more ppl are all about zerging rather than tactical enjoyable play and helping other people is sickening. I weep for humanity! At least one consolation is that as a tank my queues are short so i can leave and re-enter easily.
    Last edited by mmoc691ab5818d; 2011-01-07 at 10:51 AM.

I dont loot because i cba, sure auto loot only takes a couple of seconds, but your bag soon ends up full of grey junk that then needs to be cleared out. Sorry but i just dont need that little bit of silver im no hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    My god, it's shocking how many people actually side with these lazy people! At least some have a clue, but other's I mean yikes! Fyrk and Talos wtf?!!?

To skin one or two dragons in a mob takes what, 5 seconds? That's going to hurt your precious zerging time is it? 5 seconds is too selfish to ask for? People have to level their professions and make items for their guild mates just like everyone else. If someone wants to mine in a dungeon, they can mine, I won't mind, it's their profession and I don't have to rush every dungeon just to make it in time for some lunch appointment with another zerging group!

Tl:dr
    Getting my name right, thank you....
    Would you kindly stop raging and realize that people are not like you. MY time I do what I want.
    And like so many others have said before get a guild group or something with people that will do that for you. Don't complain on others for doing things their way. Well if I do loot for you would you give me the mats you gain from that mob if it was POSSIBLE?
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    Im a she tho, not that it matters just that.. Yeah, i dont have a thingie!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    I dont loot because i cba, sure auto loot only takes a couple of seconds, but your bag soon ends up full of grey junk that then needs to be cleared out. Sorry but i just dont need that little bit of silver im no hobo.
    I'd hate to toot my own horn here.. but feel free to take a look at the addon in my signature It's free money if you have the bag space. I usually have about 15-20 slots free, which is enough for a single dungeon. Since I sit in a city anyway, I can just walk up to a vendor and everything is sold automatically. Or just use the mammoth

edit: Um.. I don't actually see my signature.. is that normal? Anyway this is the addon I was talking about - AutoVendor

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroix are a Joke again, WOTLK all over again, maybe becouse i go with guildys idk? but we dont use a single CC most of the time, we zerg everything and the healer which is me do not have any problem, but the again yes am a pally, so im pretty kool on mana ETC. And TBH i drink maybe two times thrue out the HC, and no im not WELL geared i have a few epix and my guilds yes do have quite the epics, but Wont people get that aswell soon. important: i dont say this to brag about my guild or anything but im just proving that Heroix will and are now Steamroll able. And from listening to peoples stroies from TBC, it was way harder and challening than now (note: I am a WOTLK baby)

@op

I'm a healer and as a paladin I am carrying different sets of gear with me (tank gear, healing gear and pvp gear). Wich takes a lot of space in my bags. That means that I pass a lot on greens and not looting every mob. Ofcourse, I don't just leave a mob unlooted, I right click corpses but I leave the looting for the rest of the group. Keep in mind though, since I do click on the corpses, the corpses are lootable by other party members. So you might suggest, if you really want to skin, to just right click the corpses and that you do the looting/skinning by yourself afterwards.

Another point that I want to defend, is that in some pugs, the tank doesn't allow me to loot. If a tank is chainpulling, I prefer to get some mana and be able to heal the tank in time instead of looting everything I can. After all, the important loot (blues, boe etc) will be lootable by everyone and the need/greed/dis window will pop up so you won't miss out on that.

I'm just hoping by this writing that you can understand (in regular cases ofc) why at least some people are not looting everything.
    If you really want to skin in a dungeon, just suggest them to click the corpses. No harm with that.

Cheers
    Last edited by WishFish; 2011-01-07 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Fhaerris - seriously your dungeon attitude is just bad! Can't even take 2 seconds to loot and you think you have a right to demand zerging! You make it sound like everyone has 2.5 hours to waste grinding Tol Barad mobs just because you're such a lazy git who wants to zerg everything and not enjoy the game or help casual players. Some people don't even get 2.5 hours to play the game in an evening, but of course nah you're probably a teenager who doesn't have anything else to do when he gets home from school.......or is school just a place to dos around now, seems that way looking at the kids that spawn out of them!
    where I demanded zerging? lol srsly put on your glasses and read my post again
    Imma skinner also and I always ask ppl to skin or "open" mob so I can take grey stuff and skin

you're on of those nerdragers which say " omg im so pro u must be school kid with no life but in game one"

Deleted
    Fryk - nah sooner I'd just kick ya! It's handy when 3 of us are online coz then 3 votes beats 2. (guild is a friends only guild, we have lives!)

Howlrunner - luv ya man! Well said! Sums it up in less words than I ever could use! Feel free to be my DPS in pugs! :P The "my guild is epicz, we have more rights than other people" mentality is BS frankly. Whoopie, you and a guild spent your waking lives getting to the top spot of zerging heroics (which is not a common thing) rather than.....studying.....going out....travelling.....living!

Fhaerris - I was going to say sorry as I realise I mixed up that point with someone else, but with your response, frankly, sod it, you ain't worth it.

Wishfish - that I can sympathise with. I heal as off spec and I've seen tanks do that. That can be hard to deal with particularly as your queues are longer. Best you can do is shout at the tank to wait up and not zerg (well not shout, ask nicely) and hope he's a decent person. If he's a teenager.......well like I said I sympathise!
    Last edited by mmoc691ab5818d; 2011-01-07 at 11:09 AM.

Now this has only sprung up recently, but trying to comprehend why people are like this just hurts my brain and my fellow guild mates. Because there is no logical reason at all why you would purposely not loot a mob in a dungeon in the hope the instance will be zerged quicker.
    I don't loot mobs because I don't need the 2 silver and a grey vendor item that's on then. If there's something valuable there it can be looted by anyone, and there's always someone who is looting them.

Now I'm a skinner which means in places like Lost City and Grim Batol, there are mobs that I can skin, particularly the lovely dragonkin. LW is an extremely hard profession to level and we need the leather and so do other skinners.
    You know what pisses me off? People who skin, mine and herb during the run. Do that on your own time after we've finished the run.

wait wait wait, you want to give more power e.g. kicks to tank when you just quite proved that tanks themselfs can obv dicks too?

and your arguement about greens n blues boe are void because anyone can loot a corpse with them on to open a roll screen
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Our lock broke 100k dps on aoe trash. CC is useless, and outdated.

When we can all roll on what YOU skin, I'll loot the crappy grays.