Deleted

Spel pen for enha ?? O.o

Why many shamans enhancement for pvp put "spel penetration" in blue soket ??

Cause. You need to get past the resistances that most classes provide now? Druids, Pallies, Shamans with resist totems? Why not. Most of the damage you end up doing will be some sort of spell damage.

Lightning Bolt, Hex, Wind Shear and your Shocks can be resisted and you won't want that to happen.

To offset the resistance buffs? Resist Aura gives 195 If i'm correct, there are some other buffs but I'm too lazy to look them up. I don't pvp much so I don't know if this is completely needed, I know you don't need 17% spell hit on PvP gear like you do for raiding. So spell pen might be the better option for blue sockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaway View Post
    Lightning Bolt, Hex, Wind Shear and your Shocks can be resisted and you won't want that to happen.
    aaaand Purge I think.

Also you need 248 spellpen i think, because mage armor + totems are stacking, not sure about this one yet, but it should.

And yea, 5% Melee Hit are required, aswell as 4% Spellhit (in fact you need 410 Hit)

so far
    Walk

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my character sheet under the resist tab it just says, "X Spell school does less damage" now. Doesn't that make spell pen largely useless, or does it work different in PVP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    On my character sheet under the resist tab it just says, "X Spell school does less damage" now. Doesn't that make spell pen largely useless, or does it work different in PVP?
    I believe (and I couldn't be wrong) that it just works out the amount of damage less you'd take over a long period of time - so the resists work as previously (full/partial) and the number shown is to give you a rough estimate of how much damage would be reduced in a long fight - however for PVP there are times when you'll need burst, so if a Lightning Bolt is fully resisted then that's a lot less damage you're doing RIGHT NOW. While over the course of the fight they might only resist enough that it's only 10% of your nature damage, the idea is to eliminate the chance of them resisting it when you most need it to hit.

Deleted
    You need to spellpen so you can penetrate to the resistance of your enemy.
    So if you do frost dmg, he has 195 resistance and you got 200 spellpen. All your dmg will get trhought.
    When you have 150 spellpen and he has 195 resistance, then x amount of dmg is resisted and does no dmg.

You need the same hitcap to hit a lvl 85 player. So mouse over you hitrating and stack hit till it says: Chance to miss 0.00% on a lvl 85 target.
    Take in mind the 1% hit reduction from some races (dreanei), so going for (6%??) is well adviced but not necassery!

Every class that used some sort of magic, wants to get spellpen. Its kinda the same as expertise for physical dmg!