Something as a hunter I been noticing

Just wanted to ask all you wonderful people if you shared the same problem I had.

I been noticing it on a few bosses but yesterday after a Magmaw fight i checked my dps and noticed that a few of my shots were being blocked. Does this usualy happen, i might of been oblivious to it since i havent raided in over a year so im not used to seeing how my pew pew effects the boss, but what im asking is, is this a normal occurance, and if not what am i doing wrong?

That has always been a possibility when you're dpsing from the front, even with a bow/crossbow/gun. Depending on the fight positioning, it may not always be avoidable. But yes, if you can dps from behind the boss, it'll be a dps gain, and no, this is nothing new added in Cataclysm.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Nothing really new, only that now blocks reduce damage by 30%, while previously it was negliable.

If you spent any time attacking a target dummy from the front and then checking your data you would have figured this out long before you started raiding. Rogues aren't the only class that do it from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Rogues aren't the only class that do it from behind.

But for the T-shirts, the official hunter line is, "Hunters do it with animals."
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."