Deleted

Warlock PvP, Aff, Demo or Destro?

Hi dar,

I have no idea what is the best at this moment for pvping. All specs have a down side and a upside.

Aff:
    Upside: Lots of dots, do damage when your stunned and awesome self healing the only spec that has a constant slowing effect
    Downside: no burst damage so it take alot of time to kill someone and you screwed if you have 2 or more target on you.

Demo:
    Upside: Lots of burst and dots combined, Alot of pvp talents and a pet with some strong spells
    Downside: So slowing effects unless you glyth for it, Very dependant from 1 cooldown. No healing just healthstone and felarmor

Destro:
    Upside: Some self healing, Lots of burst damage, Some CC, Can slow alittle, strong against casters
    Downside: allmost no instant casts, weak against melee, quite dependant on immolate.

Personally i think Demo and Aff is the best but Demo might slightly better, i just hate it that demo allmost cant slow and has no self healing.

So my qeastion is what do you think is actually the best for warlock pvp atm?
    Last edited by mmocf799acc451; 2011-01-07 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    once u get over 2.5k resil i think Affliction is the best by far, the self heals are awsome stacking mastery and resil puts survival through the roof

I recently switched to Affliction because i like the self healing, and you can accually burst pritty well as affliction. Pop trinkets and the demon empowerment (not sure about the name) then Soul Burn + drain life. Still love destruction, tho in arena its not working, i cannot kill healers fast enough. As affliction on the other hand it takes longer but eventually it works out better for me because i heal myself alot and my healer can even help dps if need.
    Affliction - Arena
    Destro - BG
    For me that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    once u get over 2.5k resil i think Affliction is the best by far, the self heals are awsome stacking mastery and resil puts survival through the roof
    Very true, But how about burst damange. Do you kill your targets fast? And do you spam drain life or actually do shadow bolt for a little burst?
    Btw what pet and what armor do you use?
    Last edited by mmocf799acc451; 2011-01-07 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    demo is the best a surviving.(living the longest) and it got a self heal. you can get siphon life talent when you spec demo. but basicly its like this.

afflicto :
    heal heal heal if not interupted

demo :
    though as nails

destro :
    want to kill something else then a bad caster.

some1 seems to be misunderSTANDING something... affliction is the anti caster spec once demo is cs'd (fire spell preferably) they cant cast, immolate/conflag/soulfire/chaosbolt/incinerate and are left iwth shadow spells which they receive no buff at all from mastery or being destru. Afflicion gets silences dots are still ticking.

I acctually play destru and am 1.9k rating with a shadow priest friend which is an extremely gimped class. Also roll bladefist EU and ask whos best lock (Ihaveursoul) and u'll find hes acctually playing destru for pvp aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wadokai View Post
    demo is the best a surviving.(living the longest) and it got a self heal. you can get siphon life talent when you spec demo. but basicly its like this..
    Yeh but what about cast times on you destro spells?

if you considering doing arenas, you can see by checking ranks, %90 of the top locks are aff, %5 demo, %5 destro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague-Bane View Post
    Yeh but what about cast times on you destro spells?
    depens on your haste rating but in general the are only a bit lowered. destro spells get the most buffing out of destro tree. thats why i don't like demo. but the are great at stun resisting if meta. meta is basicly a tank that casts ( as should have bin by design). it works well in rated BG's but arena take afflicto.