Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Moved to Video Games.
    Kami - Guild Wars 2 Elementalist - Desolation EU
    <Obey Gaming> - https://obeygaming.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Ok so ive been browsing the forums, keep an eye out about blizzard next MMO for various years now, and after the name Titan has been revieled to be blizzard next MMO, Let the speculation begin
    Titan is a codename. Like "Hydra" was the codename for Diablo 3. So speculating what "Titan" could be is pretty useless because that name has probably not much in common with the actual game. Also it will be a completely new franchise.
    I hope it'll be some kind of Scifi MMO Shooter, basically like Mass Effect as MMO. There is already an endless amount of fantasy based MMOs out there and I really can't take any more of this "mage/warrior/rogue & elf/dwarf/orc + dragons" bullshit.

it's a fresh IP and i highly doubt it's going to be an RPG game. from reading speculation i think it'll be an MMOFPS with RPG elements a la Planetside, only way more awesome.

reading around, Titan was the original codename for the Halo MMO that was being developed by Ensemble (I believe), upon closing down multiple developers including ghostcrawler came to blizzard, which is what makes many people think Blizzard is expanding on this. not saying Blizzard is making a Halo MMO since obviously they've said its completely new from scratch. But they can take the ideas and elements behind what was gonna be in the game and create a new game out of it.

What the hell is this idea? Titan isn't probably even the final name for the game, the only similar thing between Warcraft titans and this new game is the unofficial name.
    Also i didn't even know about the fact they use Greek mythology terms as codenames.

I heard its an MMOFPS.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I would personally punch the Project Leader if it was a Halo MMO, they have every chance they can to make a totally awesome and original univerise taking that hamfisted Starship Troopers/star gate ripoff would be a pisspoor move.
    I hope your negative opinion is for Halo only and not Starship Troopers and/or Stargate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I would personally punch the Project Leader if it was a Halo MMO, they have every chance they can to make a totally awesome and original univerise taking that hamfisted Starship Troopers/star gate ripoff would be a pisspoor move.
    Warcraft and Starcraft are already poor ripoffs of Warhammer. Halo is a lot more original than those 2 are.

Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    "Titan" is probably just a codename. Kind of like how Cloverfield went by several different names during production even being called "Cheese" at one point. Titan is probably just to keep the project misleading or unidentifiable.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Blizzard often says things and then contradict itself, mostly to detract people from finding out the truth - that's what makes it possible that it is an existing IP. I'm not saying that IS true, just that's possible. However, what makes me join the "new IP" side is that their statements have not only been negative ("it is not an old IP"), but also positive ("art, lore etc. is developed from scratch"). So my vote would be in favour of new IP.

Given what I know about it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an MMOFPS inspired and based on Halo franchise, but a new IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chen Stormstout
    To ask why we fight is to ask why leaves fall. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit
    Gravity? We fight because gravity? Never listen to a philosophy from a panda.