Thread: Mass Effect 2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mass Effect 2

I got it for christmas, it made me forget WoW for two weeks.

discuss

Also,

I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Mass Effect is an absolutely brilliant game. I personally liked the first more, but the second is still great.
    Awaiting the third one next year

Yea its a great game. If you love the story, I would recommend playing the first game just so you can play through the story of that game, which is just as epic, AND you can continue your story with all the choices you made for the second and 3rd game once that comes out.

Mass Effect is so damn brilliant. If it weren't for the utter need of rading and playing Arena.. I'd pause WoW to play through Part 1 and 2 again and maybe again. The Suicide Mission was simply great.

I thought it was pretty good. The story and characters were very engaging, and I'm completely pumped for the third installment.

Deleted
    Only thing I didn't like too much about ME2 was the loss of the Mako exploration, I found the scanning to be pretty dull and less intriguing than ME1s exploration.

Love the story line in ME. i feel like ME2 combat is a little more fluent and easier to do

I agree completely with OP. I got Mass Effect 1 and 2 for Christmas and I literally haven't played WoW once since Christmas day. Best RPG I've ever played and I can't wait for Mass Effect 3!

Deleted

Talking

Full on Mass Effect 1 & 2, completely addicted!

Currently doing complete (all side quests/extras) on both games.

I liked the first one a lot, in fact i played through it 3 times. However the second one, idk. The fighting seemed less fun and the story, with so many more things to do, seemed like i always had to make sure i was doing the right thing, or some of my crewmates would die. Sadly between not having fun with the fights and WoW, I never played it that much and when i was going to take it to Gamestop to get assassin's creed, I rushed to beat the game. This was without ever going to the last city and without getting half the crew to be loyal, so Mordin and Miranda died :'(

Oh I also had lair of the shadow broker that I never once did

So they story was great, but gameplay, Assassin's creed 3 was worth it

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    whats the last game, with the red smiling face?? whatever it is, you should take it off(if you can) and put Red Dead redemption up there, then we would be the same!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I liked the first one a lot, in fact i played through it 3 times. However the second one, idk. The fighting seemed less fun and the story, with so many more things to do, seemed like i always had to make sure i was doing the right thing, or some of my crewmates would die. Sadly between not having fun with the fights and WoW, I never played it that much and when i was going to take it to Gamestop to get assassin's creed, I rushed to beat the game. This was without ever going to the last city and without getting half the crew to be loyal, so Mordin and Miranda died :'(

Oh I also had lair of the shadow broker that I never once did

So they story was great, but gameplay, Assassin's creed 3 was worth it

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 08:55 PM ----------

whats the last game, with the red smiling face?? whatever it is, you should take it off(if you can) and put Red Dead redemption up there, then we would be the same!
    Last game is Super Meat Boy, drove me insane on the last world so given up for a while, only got CoD on the view thing because bro was playing them and AC3 when mate came over.

ME2 feels alot more fps and less RPG, Adepts are about 1/10th of the power from ME1 (due to global ability lockouts/all shield types blocking powers), no items to loot and don't get me started on scanning for resources...

Engine is alot less clunky though so meh.
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2011-01-10 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    I guess I'm one of a very small crowd who really doesn't get the whole love of Mass Effect. I tried it on the Xbox and hated it. The controls were a mess, I felt no engagement with the characters and the overall look of the game didn't exatly blow my mind. I even bought it in the steam sale to see what all the fuss was about. Sure the PC improved the controls somewhat and it looked prettier on my gaming rig but overall I wouldn't have said I was a convert.

And then there was the story. While I like the premise of the core story I really hate the side missions. After spending to hours in the citadel killing some goon in a bar and trying to get a guard to release some dead blokes body to his wife (or maybe it was the other way around) I started to wonder where the main game was. So I got on my ship and had to go explore some planets to an exploration team or some such thing. After exploring 1 planet and killing some big worm I went to another where I roamed around totally bored and uninstalled it.

Generally I give a game an hour to give me a reason to keep playing it. In Mass Effects case I gave it about 3 hours and 2 different versions on 2 different platforms and it still couldn't get me interested.

Maybe I'll redownload it of steam, find a guide so I can get through the main game as fast as possible with the minimum of effort and then give ME2 a poke as I hear it improved on ME1 considerably.

/equips asbestos underwear

PLEASE NOTE: The above is simply my opinion nothing more.
    Last edited by mmoc2a5f714448; 2011-01-10 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post

Shouldn't be any need for the underwear, not as though you just said "It's crap" with no sort of information.

Yeah, the game isn't linear, even after 6-9 playthroughs i still can't find some of the missions first time (damn you Liara).
    Really enjoyed randomly driving around in the Mako though (can find lots of little extras, usually at least 1 interesting thing on each planet) just use the map to waypoint the interesting stuff

If you want a quick run through a story it isn't ideal, if you want to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of one then doing the side-quests will give you days of entertainment (literally, got some 50+ hour playthroughs ^^).

Deleted
    Totally agree fantastic game's...I found the second ones a little smaller as in the city etc less to explore...and side quest, but maybe I need to check harder..

Just one gripe, Please add a jump button for the next one, even though its not needed, I Just like to jump about...

One of the best games ever!

NEEEEED MS3!!

[QUOTEJust one gripe, Please add a jump button for the next one, even though its not needed, I Just like to jump about...[/QUOTE]

jumping makes games lol, not being able to jump in dragon age was like...sadface and any mmo you cant jump is not worth playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    ME2 feels alot more fps and less RPG, Adepts are about 1/10th of the power from ME1 (due to global ability lockouts/all shield types blocking powers), no items to loot and don't get me started on scanning for resources...

Engine is alot less clunky though so meh.
    Aye, they said they really wanted to focus on the FPS aspect for ME2 as they felt it was weak in ME1. They're bringing a better balance in ME3 for the various classes.

OT: LOVE BOTH MASS EFFECTS TO DEATH. Absolutely fantastic games. The new trailer has me so pumped for ME3, and I got a friend that works for advertising for Bioware games :P

Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post
    I guess I'm one of a very small crowd who really doesn't get the whole love of Mass Effect. I tried it on the Xbox and hated it. The controls were a mess, I felt no engagement with the characters and the overall look of the game didn't exatly blow my mind. I even bought it in the steam sale to see what all the fuss was about. Sure the PC improved the controls somewhat and it looked prettier on my gaming rig but overall I wouldn't have said I was a convert.

And then there was the story. While I like the premise of the core story I really hate the side missions. After spending to hours in the citadel killing some goon in a bar and trying to get a guard to release some dead blokes body to his wife (or maybe it was the other way around) I started to wonder where the main game was. So I got on my ship and had to go explore some planets to an exploration team or some such thing. After exploring 1 planet and killing some big worm I went to another where I roamed around totally bored and uninstalled it.

Generally I give a game an hour to give me a reason to keep playing it. In Mass Effects case I gave it about 3 hours and 2 different versions on 2 different platforms and it still couldn't get me interested.

Maybe I'll redownload it of steam, find a guide so I can get through the main game as fast as possible with the minimum of effort and then give ME2 a poke as I hear it improved on ME1 considerably.

I agree that ME sucked, but I recommend giving ME2 a try. The story is better, and has a lot more depth. Plus, the game mechanics aren't wonky or buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    I agree that ME sucked, but I recommend giving ME2 a try. The story is better, and has a lot more depth. Plus, the game mechanics aren't wonky or buggy.

I wouldn't say the story is better. The introduction to the universe is always hard to beat. Saren and Sovereign were much better villains than Harbinger, which didn't even directly confront us.

Overall, Mass Effect 2 was better, but storywise, they were about equal. Mass Effect 2 focused more on the crew stories.

One of my fav games. So great. Mass Effect 2 smashed Mass Effect 1 in my opinion. Really made me feel connected to my teammates. I hope now that I romanced Jack, in 3 she grows her hair out a bit or something and wears a shirt and starts being nice a little bit more. But yes. Mass Effect 2 is awesome. Bioware knows how to make us feel connected with our characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    "Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."