Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
    Ditto to what everyone else said, no chance. And besides, Titan is confirmed to be an mmofps...who in the blue hell wants to play a wow fps?
    I want a gun that shoots gnomes. I'd play a WoW FPS for that.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Praest View Post
    You should watch the 2 latest episodes of Legendary. They have some interesting theories regarding Titan.
    I cannot post a link to them, but they are hosted on Gamebreaker dot tv.
    I love that show and the digging they have done on titan is amazing so here is link http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/legendary

Ignore the name. 99% chance it's either a development code name, and even if it's not, the thing could change so drastically from the empty shell it is now by release time that the name could change anyway.

The ONLY thing they've actually said about this game is that it won't have anything to do with existing IPs. Inferring anything else from it is a wasteful endeavor. All the "digging" that has been done is asinine supposition. I wish people would fully research something and use a little bit of common sense before coming up with random theories about what it could be.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

If you do your research, you'll find that the following is already known about Titan and can be found easily on the web.

1. It will be an MMOFPS
    2. It will be a new IP for Blizzard (Not WarCraft, not StarCraft, not Diablo)
    3. Several Blizzard employees including Ghostcrawler (Greg Street) came from another company that just happned to be working on a project codenamed "Titan" as well. That project was a Halo MMO that was cancelled. When that project was cancelled all those folks went over and started working at Blizzard.
    4. Bungie the company associated with Halo is now a part of Activision Blizzard.

So it is safe to say the next MMO will be a sort of combination of World of Warcraft and Halo. Blizzard will most likely rebrand the game with an entirely new IP and I don't think the Halo IP will be used as Microsoft has sort of retained that for Xbox (but it could).
    Last edited by Residue; 2011-01-07 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Cathercy View Post
    World of Pokemon...

Best.
    Idea.
    Ever.
    No... This is completly differt, you can't fight together with your pokemon, you can only let them fight for you, completly differnt concept!

I wonder if Blizzard came make up their own lore for once. Warcraft and Starcraft were both Warhammer rip offs. Lets see if they won't do the same for Titan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamugi View Post
    Ok I can't post links because I dont have enough posts. So go to youtube and search GBTV - Chunks o' Legendary - Titan.

Watch it they have a good idea of what it might be is all adding up. Not to mention Mikeb has been right about everything for like a year now hes a god.

HALO MMO!
    Oh God! Please don't mention Halo! If I see another halo helm on the net I'll throw myself out the window. It's a poor excuse of a game with multiple sequals, or whatever they have, which the US embraced as one of their major e-sports. WHY? Because they couldn't compete with the rest of the world at CounterStrike, that's why! *end venting sequence*

Otherwise! I'm open to whatever they decide to make (are making). Looking forward to Diablo 3 right now so i realy can't bother speculating about 'space marriens'

Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    No... This is completly differt, you can't fight together with your pokemon, you can only let them fight for you, completly differnt concept!
    Actually the Codex Alera by Jim Butcher is based on combining Pokemon and Roman Empire, which came from a joke assignment that he could make a good story out of anything. He won because Codex Alera is a great fantasy series. In it, people recruit elementals called furies and use them to perform magic and duel each other using their furies against each other. Thinking of it though, I could see the Codex Alera magic system being an awesome base for a really compelling MMO game system.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Game we call "Titan" they call "Fake name" They aren't giving out the real name of the game .... yet

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I vote with Mike B's (from the show Legendary) call of Space Ring xD

I wish it the best, but the moment I heard MMOFPS I quit paying attention. Not my thing, hope people like it though.

It will be like Planet Side.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have already said it will be a completely new IP, so it will not be connected into wow in any way. Don't forget Titan also means "huge" so it may just be a play on words to indicate the size of the project.

Deleted
    I will be assuming it'll be either Sci-fi or the recrently growing in popularity Steampunk settings.
    Possibly a Massive online third person or first person shooter/adventure game.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Ok so ive been browsing the forums, keep an eye out about blizzard next MMO for various years now, and after the name Titan has been revieled to be blizzard next MMO, Let the speculation begin

Ok so i have this theory, the game itself is Called titan, and what do we already have in WoW already, The titans, the pantheon, creators of the universe. I believe that blizzards new MMO will be heavily based on the Titans of Wow, and that the game will be the "newer" wow so to speak. Lets take a look at some facts. Upon the last 2-3 years (Of which blizzard have been working on Titan, unannounced at that point) what have we actually seen in game? We've recieved HUGE chunks of Titan lore, about the pantheon and algalon, ulduar etc and all of that, but we havn't actually had any sort of apperance from the titans yet in azeroth, other than Algalon but hes not technically a titan.

So, over the last few years blizzard have been Subtely feeding the players story about the Pantheon, travellers of the universe, bringing order, and it just got me wondering, Could blizzard next MMO really be just a build over on wow? Think about it, the games called Titan, we've had immense lore being fed to use over the last 3 years relative to the Pantheon (whilst Titan was in early production) after have 2 years of WoW classic with very little mention to the Pantheon.

Anybody else been thinking about this?

Also, just imagine how cool Titan would be if it was actually about the Titans from the warcraft universe, travelling through the universe, and as a character bringing order to various different planets and fighting the burning legion.
    It's a MMO FPS(which clearly makes it different from wow,unless we all play gun hunters)

They also stated it's a fresh story without any ressemblence to everything they did untill now

Quote Originally Posted by Kamugi View Post
    Ok I can't post links because I dont have enough posts. So go to youtube and search GBTV - Chunks o' Legendary - Titan.

Watch it they have a good idea of what it might be is all adding up. Not to mention Mikeb has been right about everything for like a year now hes a god.

HALO MMO!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM3n3Ve0OAs
    Halo MMO Guys, It must be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

Clicky!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeld View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM3n3Ve0OAs
    Halo MMO Guys, It must be it.
    I would personally punch the Project Leader if it was a Halo MMO, they have every chance they can to make a totally awesome and original univerise taking that hamfisted Starship Troopers/star gate ripoff would be a pisspoor move.

Deleted
    Moved to Video Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Ok so ive been browsing the forums, keep an eye out about blizzard next MMO for various years now, and after the name Titan has been revieled to be blizzard next MMO, Let the speculation begin
    Titan is a codename. Like "Hydra" was the codename for Diablo 3. So speculating what "Titan" could be is pretty useless because that name has probably not much in common with the actual game. Also it will be a completely new franchise.
    I hope it'll be some kind of Scifi MMO Shooter, basically like Mass Effect as MMO. There is already an endless amount of fantasy based MMOs out there and I really can't take any more of this "mage/warrior/rogue & elf/dwarf/orc + dragons" bullshit.

it's a fresh IP and i highly doubt it's going to be an RPG game. from reading speculation i think it'll be an MMOFPS with RPG elements a la Planetside, only way more awesome.

reading around, Titan was the original codename for the Halo MMO that was being developed by Ensemble (I believe), upon closing down multiple developers including ghostcrawler came to blizzard, which is what makes many people think Blizzard is expanding on this. not saying Blizzard is making a Halo MMO since obviously they've said its completely new from scratch. But they can take the ideas and elements behind what was gonna be in the game and create a new game out of it.