Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    These changes, especially frost, would cause even more trolling/QQ on the forums about mage pvp. Maybe it would work if they compensated else where, like another DR. However, my main is a mage and ignite munching needs to be fixed. A 1min cd on combustion would be nice aswell
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is that, even with all the patching that's been going on, I still wouldn't revise this list much. By contrast, my Warlock wishlist is slowly declining in size. Regarding Ice Barrier, I think if they remove Shattered Barrier from it, it'd definitely justify stronger absorption. Mages tend to have poor damage mitigation against ranged combatants of any kind, and if an emphasis on casting rather than using instants returns, frost Mages will once more be vulnerable to Hunters.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    *bumps with an Arcane Barrage*
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought it'd be neat if Pyromaniac was activated when you had 4 or more dots on a single target, in addition to its current effect. For clarification, that would mean, basically, if you had Combustion up, you'd have the 10% haste bonus. (Living Bomb, Pyroblast, Ignite, and Combustion.)

Of course, since Ignite probably won't (and really shouldn't) be up 100% of the time, they could just make it so that you gain the 10% Pyromaniac haste buff whenever you have Combustion active. Or, they could go really crazy, and make it a 10% haste buff per Combustion active. If you can spread Combustion to a few other targets, then that would be an absurd haste buff! (Probably too absurd, and over the top, meaning it would probably never happen.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    I've always thought it'd be neat if Pyromaniac was activated when you had 4 or more dots on a single target, in addition to its current effect. For clarification, that would mean, basically, if you had Combustion up, you'd have the 10% haste bonus. (Living Bomb, Pyroblast, Ignite, and Combustion.)

Of course, since Ignite probably won't (and really shouldn't) be up 100% of the time, they could just make it so that you gain the 10% Pyromaniac haste buff whenever you have Combustion active. Or, they could go really crazy, and make it a 10% haste buff per Combustion active. If you can spread Combustion to a few other targets, then that would be an absurd haste buff! (Probably too absurd, and over the top, meaning it would probably never happen.)
    Heroic Halfus, with that. Dear. God.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Deleted
    Have to say reading your suggestions was alot better than most of these lets fix arcane mages threads i have seen in the past some cool mechanics being suggested
    but the thing is the idea of how arcane mages work is a really fun idea, its not obvious to everyone looking in, seeing the 90%AB 8%Am 2%Abrr on recount makes the spec look simple.

This is probably the reason why we see people trying to change the spec back to a rotation/priority spec, for me there is no fun in hitting buttons in a planed sequence, our spec is nothing but choices and being given the ability to make choices is what makes this spec so much fun ...its different every time, every time we change gear changes what spells we cast every boss every position means a change in spells cast (even if it is just between 2 ) i personally would hate to see this lost in favor of a press your buttons in this order unless the screen lights up then press this

However i do agree there is a problem with arcane mages
    It can be played badly and still produce high numbers leading to some players thinking there doing everything correct and the spec is "dull" the amount of videos out there with arcane mages dropping to 70-80% mana during conserve phase and still at the top of the dps tables is unreal
    why bother to take mastery when your wasting 30% of it
    This can be fixed by nerfing the hell out of AB and buffing Mastery to compensate this would result in, if you make a mistake or the wrong choice (what the spec is all about) your damage will get servery gimped
    you will no longer have mages doing AB3 AM as there conserve "rotation" (and yes i have seen this on these fourms as the way someone plays)
    these mages will actively look and ask other mages how there are getting there damage in the same gear instead of getting smiler results (only slightly less)

Finaly, there is one other problem with arc mages, and this is a big one you already have it surgested and i belive it deserves a thread all of its own ....AB where is the animation!!! this right here has to change, swap it with Abrr i dont care if it adds a travel time i want flashy stuff on my screen aswell
    also sort out FB's pew pew effect and give it more POW POW

well thats my rant bring on the WTF its a one button spam spec comments
    Last edited by mmoc2f4ee37ca2; 2011-07-11 at 07:51 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like to see a reduction on Combustion cooldown.
    Chillyo
    Mage
    US - Kargath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macamus View Post
    you will no longer have mages doing AB3 AM as there conserve "rotation" (and yes i have seen this on these fourms as the way someone plays)
    these mages will actively look and ask other mages how there are getting there damage in the same gear instead of getting smiler results (only slightly less)
    If you're in any kind of respectable gear, AB3-AM is a perfectly fine conserve rotation. Perhaps I've misunderstood, but you seem to be trying to insinuate that it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Heroic Halfus, with that. Dear. God.
    Well by then you'd be so horribly GCD capped that it would just be annoying. But it'd still be neat!
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Personally, I do like to see changes made to fire.
    But you also have to look at the big picture, taking into account with every other classes. If you focus on one class, and their specs, you have to see how it affects every other class, and may have to redo all their specs before players start complaining about being overpowered.

Back on topic:
    There should be a talent reducing the CD on combustion. Maybe like 1.5 seconds - same as arcane power.
    Hot streak should increase the crit chance of pyroblast
    Ignite shouldn't overwrite, rather keep increasing with each crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post
    Ignite shouldn't overwrite, rather keep increasing with each crit.
    I've always thought that that'd be a neat idea too. Ignite just keeps getting bigger and bigger with every crit, until eventually it falls off and you take a DPS hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    If you're in any kind of respectable gear, AB3-AM is a perfectly fine conserve rotation. Perhaps I've misunderstood, but you seem to be trying to insinuate that it's not.
    No mate you did not misunderstand using any type if "rotation" with arcane is not playing to its potential, sure you can AB3AM but your gimping your DPS by doing that and this is the problem, this would be considered playing badly but the difference in the dps from playing like this and the dps from playing optimally is not enough to make people see that they are doing something wrong

Every aspect of a fight makes you change what you are doing, do you move to move slightly = more AB's to compensate for more mana regen, no INT procs going off = less AB's, boss about to do an ability that will make you run and hide blow 30% of your mana on AB's since you'll make it back before you can att again, Evoc ruined by mistake = AM spam

10+ Year Old Account
    For fire I would like the have the old blast wave back, when it used to have a knock back on it. Also, having dot protection like it used to have when it was dispelled it would blow up automatically. Combustion needs to be rng dependent as well.

Arcane needs a more reliable form of aoe and more dmg spells. I really like the idea of mana adept it just wasn't planned out very well. The whole arcane tree needs to be re-gutted.

Deleted
    I would like Fire to suffer less from RNG. Having a 20k DPS variance is horrible and going for over 2 minutes without a single Hotstreak is just pure frustration. I'd like a new spell added which is similar to Lava Burst where instead we have Living Bomb active, and it guarantees us one Hotstreak when used along with say a 10 or 15 sec cooldown. Spamming Fireball with a Living Bomb every 12 seconds for 2 minutes is not fun (Flame Orb imo isn't a really spell that I consider part of a rotation OR as a cooldown - just there to be used, meh).