Question Looking for reliable source/decent discussion Forum for Raid encounters

Hi there,

up to now I was unable to find a Forum(section) that was more or less dedicated Forum for a proper discussion about Raid Encounters.

Tankspot - I do know about Tankspot and I think they produce fairly good guides, however even they can't possibly cover the various tricks/simplifications for the encounters. That's why I'm looking for a discussion platform - further, even though they do have a forum, it isn't exactly well visited and does not provide the discussion possibilities I'm looking for.

MMO champion - Even though it does have a really large community, many posters are not exactly the type of players I'm looking for and it's really hard to filter valuable information (yes, there are often good ideas, but are swallowed by the mass) among these posts.

Official Forums - I could not find a single decent discussion-thread on the first page..

So, does anyone know about a good discussion forum, possibly on a higher niveau?

Thank you for your attention

I recommend Elitst Jerks. They have great info on everything and anything there.
    On the other hand, as General Husam would say: "Thread lightly!"
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

Well, I didn't find a discussion forum dedicated about Raid encounters there.. Further, I like to think out of the box but rarely have the chance to actually test my theories. The Mods there don't like such abstract ideas and call it "Don't beg for handholding" if I can't test things myself.

Example: Ever though about Mind Controlling (Priest) a Mind controlled Person in the Yogg Saron Encounter to tank the Adds in Phase 3? Even though this doesn't work, the idea itself isn't that dumb as one might think at the first look. Because: 1. You can time when someone let's himself be mind controlled 2. The mind controlled People have way more HP and thus it would have been easier to heal them through the massive damage from the +0 encounter.

Elitist Jerks doesn't really cover specific raid encounters, and hasn't since Ulduar-ish (to my knowledge).

The answer: there really isn't one. There are some good players that hang out on the official forums, and some good players here, but there isn't a forum that addresses high level questions about raid encounters.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing to do is just put up a thread on a specific fight you're having trouble with, than PM'ing someone who has "proof' that they've done the fight if you need further clarification on something. There's no site that has enough information to cover most of the stuff people haven't seen yet (aka hard modes).

If you have some specific questions about specific fights, this is not a bad place to create a thread asking those questions. While discussion on this forum isn't very strictly monitored to the point of only allowing hardcore raid theorycrafting, there are many hardcore raiders that frequent these forums and could provide information.

A good alternative as somebody mentioned is to find out who has done the fight in question and then PM that person to see if they're willing to discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Best thing to do is just put up a thread on a specific fight you're having trouble with, than PM'ing someone who has "proof' that they've done the fight if you need further clarification on something. There's no site that has enough information to cover most of the stuff people haven't seen yet (aka hard modes).
    I'd go with this as the best idea. You can often get good help with a polite thread asking for it.