Deleted

Fire for Trash | Frost for Boss?

Is anybody else finding that the way forward insofar as optimal dps is consider in different situations that Fire is the best for trash and Frost has the slight upper hand on single target boss fights? Personally I have very little experience with Frost but after being outdps'd by a guildy last night on Argoloth (Him as Frost me as Fire) I've decided to roll with the topic title in the future. I mean I can't see Frost ever outdoing Fire in trash pulls, spreading a Combustion + Dots with an Impact to multiple targets is just simply never going to be beaten by anything Frost has. But those Deep Freezes and BF+FoF FFB procs are pretty tasty on single target. Perhaps if Fire becomes a little bit less reliant on RNG for Pyro! procs it might be a bit more competitive.

Thoughts?

Frost and fire are very close on patchwerk-style fights, fire is probably a bit ahead (although less so now that people have realized bosses have about 1.8% crit suppression). Fire will win on heavy movement fights and add fights. Doing halfus as anything but fire is dumb. Picking up frost for utility and survivability makes sense for certain fights at certain gear levels.

If you're doing frost, your opener should look something like this: MI > freeze > trinket/orc racial > DF > FFO > IV > Cold Snap > DF > FFO > regular priorities from there out. Having two FFOs out at the same time will let you spam FoF procs. Depending on how fast you wipe and run back, cold snap may not be up each pull.
    Last edited by Tirsten; 2011-01-07 at 03:54 PM.