How good is survival at pvp?

Like my title says just wondering how good survival is at pvp?

Most hunters prefer it because of the dmg. I prefer MM because of readiness and silence. Overall survival is more offensive and MM is more defensive I guess.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

SV PvP is enough good for 5 wins , because of the huge burst that you have ( at least RF + Call of the Wild kills 1 player from nuke team which are the most common at low mmr). Made it to 1200 only with 5 wins per week. Haven't saw a hunter in first 100 on a lot of BG groups

10+ Year Old Account
    SV PvP is like my sex life... It lacks control and you cannot last more than 30 seconds.

Generally, we're extremely weak in PvP right now. Whether the upcoming changes help with that or not remains to be seen.

My experience:

Any Warrior, Frost Mage, DK, Feral Druid and Rogue with half a brain will own you 99% of the times.

Any Warlock, Healer, SPriest will wear you down through their self-healing.

Any DPS Shaman is pretty much dead meat against any non-Shaman, including Hunters.

Not the best PvP times as far as Hunters go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    SV PvP is like my sex life... It lacks control and you cannot last more than 30 seconds.
    Good comparison! We are waiting for better times...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    My experience:

Any Warrior, Frost Mage, DK, Feral Druid and Rogue with half a brain will own you 99% of the times.

Any DPS Shaman is pretty much dead meat against any non-Shaman, including Hunters.

I would like you to meet some enhancement shamans I know. Enh is harder to kite than warrs currently!
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    I have alot of fun PVPing as SV. Having tried all three in Arenas, SV has by far the most damage and feels the best overall to me. MM is nice because of Readiness, Silencing Shot, etc., but really feels lacking in damage. BM...well, if you love BM you're probably using it already no matter what anybody says, but I haven't cared for it at all post-Cataclysm.

My experience:

I'll agree with you for the most part there, although I have some points of contention. I continue to kite every DK I come up against with almost 100% success--it's madness. We come up against alot of Pally/DK comps in 2v2 and if I happen to somehow do away with the Pally the remaining DK might as well not even be there. At higher levels this might change, but I have yet to see any hints of DK OP-ness. Warriors, Rogues, Frost Mages, and Feral Druids, though? We're pretty much dead.

Healers can be a problem, but it's not too tough to outlast Disc and Holy Priests because of how quickly they go OOM these days. Resto Druids and HPallys have been a huge pain in the arse though.

Quote Originally Posted by kocherer View Post
    Like my title says just wondering how good survival is at pvp?
    in battlegrounds hunters are okay, in arena they are useless.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.